Spiritual Forums

Home


Donate!


Articles


CHAT!


Shop


 
Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-07-2017, 07:16 AM
b3N0m b3N0m is offline
Newbie ;)
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 23
 
Astral projection motivation/ getting through the tough stage.

I was wondering if anybody out the would have any suggestions on enduring the tough part of the astral projection process. I mean sometimes it gets really hard to keep going and I just get an irresistible urge to roll over and go to sleep when I am lying on my back trying to project. I know it seems simple "don't roll over" but sometimes it's just really hard to keep going and I just end up getting mad at myself for lack of progress. Any help would be great thanks guys.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-07-2017, 04:03 AM
iamthat iamthat is offline
Knower
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 105
 
I am in a similar situation. I try to spend time practicing every day, doing progressive relaxation, affirmations, trying to visualise being out of body, etc. I have had some interesting experiences which feel like the beginning of separation but I cannot make the final separation. At night I lie there listening to Hemi-Sync or some variation of it, and I can understand the urge to just take off the headphones and go to sleep. And sometimes my motivation wanes, and I wonder if I will ever succeed in astral travelling.

But I am pretty sure that if I do not persist it will never happen, so I just keep going. Reading AP literature helps to keep me motivated, but it is a bit dispiriting when some people find it so easy. I wonder what I am doing wrong. I do believe that AP is not complicated, and the keys to leaving the body are relaxation, concentration and a quiet mind. Maybe one day!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-07-2017, 10:16 AM
PhoenixNine PhoenixNine is offline
Seeker
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 36
 
Try sleeping for a few hours first...set an alarm...then try.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 16-07-2017, 02:16 AM
Astral Fool Astral Fool is offline
Pathfinder
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 51
 
Having the itch to roll over means you are some what close. Your body is trying to provoke your brain to see it it went to sleep. By not rolling over you are telling the body it's ok to go into sleep mode. That's exactly where you want to be.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 16-07-2017, 09:51 PM
asmooth13 asmooth13 is offline
Seeker
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Southern USA
Posts: 48
  asmooth13's Avatar
I wish I could give you advise; however I'm in the same situation. I have not been able to "get out", but I think I've been close on more than one occasion (vibrations, slow moving geometric shapes behind closed eyes.). But heck, that's been nearly 4 years of effort. Albeit not an overly aggressive approach, but nearly every night I give some type of effort.

The only type of encouragement that I can give, is that even if we are not successful for long to come; we shouldn't give up. I will not give up; not until I can say I've sat on the rings of Saturn, and gazed at the beauty of this universe!

I wish for progress, for all who seek.

Maybe if we seekers keep this in our hearts, it will help? Dunno.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 17-07-2017, 03:33 PM
astralwanderer astralwanderer is offline
Knower
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: US
Posts: 178
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by asmooth13
I wish I could give you advise; however I'm in the same situation. I have not been able to "get out", but I think I've been close on more than one occasion (vibrations, slow moving geometric shapes behind closed eyes.). But heck, that's been nearly 4 years of effort. Albeit not an overly aggressive approach, but nearly every night I give some type of effort.

The only type of encouragement that I can give, is that even if we are not successful for long to come; we shouldn't give up. I will not give up; not until I can say I've sat on the rings of Saturn, and gazed at the beauty of this universe!

I wish for progress, for all who seek.

Maybe if we seekers keep this in our hearts, it will help? Dunno.
Practice is key. Keep at it.

What beautiful words. "I won't give up until I've sat on the rings of Saturn." That alone is motivation. I haven't done this but I have felt the heat of stars in space while looking down at Earth from above. I can say it is worth keeping up your practice with your goals in mind. The big-ness and beauty of the universe is overwhelming and will give you immense perspective in your daily "physical" life.

By the way, hello from a fellow southerner :)
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 17-07-2017, 03:36 PM
astralwanderer astralwanderer is offline
Knower
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: US
Posts: 178
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by b3N0m
I was wondering if anybody out the would have any suggestions on enduring the tough part of the astral projection process. I mean sometimes it gets really hard to keep going and I just get an irresistible urge to roll over and go to sleep when I am lying on my back trying to project. I know it seems simple "don't roll over" but sometimes it's just really hard to keep going and I just end up getting mad at myself for lack of progress. Any help would be great thanks guys.
Know that when it's time, you will be able. I know that may not seem helpful, but have a peace and a confidence that things always work out for your best. Perhaps you're stuck because your meditative practice is teaching and transforming you in this moment.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 18-07-2017, 09:08 PM
Lorelyen Lorelyen is offline
Master
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: UK
Posts: 5,383
  Lorelyen's Avatar
When I first started I was advised to sit in an armchair, the arms to stop falling off should someone fall asleep which never did happen to me.
It's also worth experimenting with different times of day.

Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 20-07-2017, 12:26 AM
asmooth13 asmooth13 is offline
Seeker
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Southern USA
Posts: 48
  asmooth13's Avatar
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by astralwanderer
Practice is key. Keep at it.

What beautiful words. "I won't give up until I've sat on the rings of Saturn." That alone is motivation. I haven't done this but I have felt the heat of stars in space while looking down at Earth from above. I can say it is worth keeping up your practice with your goals in mind. The big-ness and beauty of the universe is overwhelming and will give you immense perspective in your daily "physical" life.

By the way, hello from a fellow southerner :)


Hello astralwonderer, thank you for the kind words. From all that I've read; it seems easier, or more natural for some to reach detachment than others. It appears to me there could be a number of reasons some have difficulty achieving AP, that there's not a secret "one size fits all" answer for getting there.
In our microwave society (everyone wanting results now, without putting forward the necessary effort.) It is very easy to give up, and just say it's either an untruth, or it's not worth it. This seems true for most all spiritual learning. It has taken me much effort to this point; shedding false beliefs, and ego. The farther I go, the more I realise how little I've accomplished.
This being said, I cannot give up my quest for Truth in all things. I have too far to go to stop now.

Good to speak with a fellow southerner. Do you reckon there's ever been a red-neck to attain enlightenment? If not; it would be cool to be the first. LOL. Yeah, had to discard many of my red-neck ways, but I am what I am.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 20-07-2017, 12:39 AM
astralwanderer astralwanderer is offline
Knower
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: US
Posts: 178
 
asmooth13 - perhaps you shall be. ;)
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums