Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Exercise

Old 23-04-2017, 04:00 AM
Seeker

Exclamation Training every spare moment of time.

Hi. I am not sure if this is the right place to post but I am looking for some advice on how to stay focused for long periods of time during soccer/ football training. I want to become a professional football player and it is my passion in life. I already have come a long way and play for an international academy. But what I am asking for is advice on how to stay focused when I train alone. On weekends and school holidays I will try to train at least 6 hours every day alone. But I find it hard sometimes to train for more than 2 hours at a time before I have to have a break and then go back out to train and finish my 6 hours for the day. I would just like some advice on how to train all day everyday (except for school days of course because I am at school.)I find it hard to wake up early but I need to be getting around 2 or 3 hours of training in before school before going to school and playing football with friends for an hour during recess and lunch and then going to the academy to train another 1 and a half hours. But the main reason I am posting this is to get advice on how to stay fully focused and train for long periods of time. I know that I definitely can become professional but I want more than that I want to become a great player.
Any advice will be appreciated thanks. :)
Old 24-04-2017, 10:32 AM
Master
Hi b3N0m. I have always happily gotten out of bed at 4 am, all my life. When I was teaching, I regularly got up at 2 am and went to work to do early prep. For me, sleeping in is wasting the day away. Whereas most people I know see sleeping in as their ultimate goal in life, lol. I think that part is either in one's genes or it isn't.

That said, there are both practical and "spiritual" things you can do to help yourself. Practically, one very real reason a person can't stay focused would be because they have other things going on that distract them. The biggest distraction today is video games and the internet. I am quite serious when I suggest you disconnect from all electronic devices. Don't watch TV, don't go online, don't play video games, and get rid of your cell phone.

Spiritually, there is something called the higher self. It is the higher self that tells you that you want to be the best footballer you can be. Your higher self is your soul calling. There are spiritual methods to enhance one's link and communion with their higher self. But in all truth, get rid of the electronics, make football the one thing and focus in your life (and not Facebook, or Better Call Saul, or CoD) and I guarantee things will start to change for you. Good luck.
Old 24-04-2017, 10:04 PM
Seeker

Thanks for the advice.
Old 29-05-2017, 12:03 PM
Seeker

Exclamation Yo have to be extremely dedicated b3N0m

You need to be ready all ways, and you need extreme will power and mind power.
Old 12-07-2017, 12:35 PM
Pathfinder
As Baile said above, it will probably help to limit your time with social media and electronic entertainments.
Having said that, you need to be careful not to overdo it so that your passion becomes a chore- try to make a specific time for other entertainments, perhaps one afternoon a week you only train for an hour and then spend a few hours chilling out with friends.
I used to do that and I found that I would come back to practicing (archery in my case) more refreshed and focused.

You could also try adding a 'backup game' into your training- when I couldn't concentrate or started making bad shots, I'd put the bow down some cartwheels and handstands; exercises that had nothing to do with archery but that would benefit it in the long run by strengthening my upper body and core.

Good luck :)