Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > North American Indigenous Spirituality

Old 06-01-2011, 06:02 PM
Summerland

spiritlite, I posted about this on another thread "dead birds falling from the sky-mississippi" . And thanks for posting the Hopi prophesies. I had forgotten about the water turning black. I don't really know if it connected to that (the killoffs) as it is around the globe.Sometimes it is the extreme cold weather, but that doesn't account for it to be so far reaching.
Old 06-01-2011, 06:17 PM
Master
Thankyou Summer
Spiritlite.
Old 06-01-2011, 06:19 PM
The Om

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritlite
"And this is the Ninth and Last Sign: You will hear of a dwelling-place in the heavens, above the earth, that shall fall with a great crash. It will appear as a blue star. Very soon after this, the ceremonies of my people will cease."

Maybe something to do with the ozone layer?
Old 06-01-2011, 09:30 PM
Master
Om I don't know, but what would appear like a blue star?
Spiritlite.
Old 06-01-2011, 09:53 PM
The Om

I'm not sure... That was the part that stumped me...
Maybe a space ship breaking atmosphere after the ozone layer is gone?
Old 06-01-2011, 10:48 PM
Guide
Location: Up a mountain communing with the Grandfathers, Ancestors, Ravens n Horses beside the Stones
Try taking a look at Nubiru and also the Dog Star, do a bit of digging and see what you come up with.
Old 07-01-2011, 01:46 AM
Ciqala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysaetos
I didn't say these prophecies are connected. The gist is: how do you know a prophecy is correct?

Oral culture goes from one person to another, and possibly they all bring their own newer findings from their own time, to the prophecy.

I'd like to know when it was first written down.

Considering native american, and first nations, our traditions were never written down, (which is why you will never find traditions written down anywhere, and if you do, be wary of what you read, they are not from the original source) they were preserved from the beginning of creation and taught by the spirits themselves, and only elder story tellers that preserve the stories are allowed to speak of them, there is much sacred law, of making sure the traditions never change form, traditional ways are strict with many sacred laws. That is why our culture and our spiritual ways have remained intact unlike other belief systems, we stick to the ancient way. You can see when the "prophecies" come to life, when they happen, it is astonishing. Natives, are probably one of the fewest cultures that still have the ancient traditions intact and alive.

The aboriginal race is all around the world, we have complex nations and tribes within ourselves, and we all have our own prophecies that which are slightly different only to entail the animals, herbs and plant kingdoms around the area, but the general belief is the same. You should only learn the prophecies from real elders.
That said, i have no right to say this, but that general belief, is that the world is not going to end, but bring a new age, a time of peace. Just want to clarify that, because, it's not the end of the world.

The Coast Salish prophecy story, was that of white ravens showing up representing the coming of the new age. Obviously the story is more complex than that, but i am not a story teller. The white raven was spotted in the recent past. And in my area, of the west coast! I got to see them! Magnificent and beautiful creatures! It brought all the obsessed bird watchers to the island! It was a huge discovery for bird watchers as they had never seen an albino raven ever, and there were three white ravens, or more i can't remember, more than just one though. That hit the news. It made people become more aware of the prophecy being true. You can also scour the news for more prophecies happening that are coming true.

The Cree prophecy is that of white calf buffalo woman, the sight of a white buffalo, would bring the coming of the new age. White buffalo was spotted also, way before the white ravens.
There is many different stories, of how peace would come to the earth. Some people even proclaimed white people and all other races would vanish except themselves, before they realized how impossible that would be, and that the story actually means, great peace among all.

All tribes and nations have different prophecies, but they all mean the same thing. Nothing to be worried about, instead something to be grateful to be in this generation to witness such exciting and magical thing. The earth is a loving living entity! We as her children have nothing to fear.
Old 07-01-2011, 02:57 AM
Guide
Well maybe the world won't LITERALLY end. Maybe a knew cycle will
began. I mean they said a giant spider web with criss-cross the land.
And that didn't LITERALLY happen. So maybe the world will just change
for the better-- not end. Hopefully.

And maybe by the people dying
it meant their egos. But
I could just be being positive.

Old 07-01-2011, 03:38 AM
Master
I wouldn't take much notice of prophecies, there's prophecies from just about every part of the planet, you can fit them into any situation you like, there's been crazy people for many years going on about the end of the world, well its the end of this world everyday and night for the many who die.
Old 07-01-2011, 04:13 AM
Summerland

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
I wouldn't take much notice of prophecies, there's prophecies from just about every part of the planet, you can fit them into any situation you like, there's been crazy people for many years going on about the end of the world, well its the end of this world everyday and night for the many who die.

Yes, Robbie, there are prophesies from all over the world, some religious, some from people as Nostradamus. Maasaw, to the Hopi is more ancient than Jesus. Maasaw IS God and gave them explicit instructions as to how to live on this earth. They have strived to keep their promise.These prophesies are far older than the white man coming to America. Perhaps if the UN had taken time to listen to the Hopi Elders some of our problems could have been avoided. It would be better if people would actually research the Hopi and their prophesies before summarily dismissing them.
Part of their prophesies say that destruction would come to this country (the US) from the west;men dropping from the skies and to not seek out seeing them from rooftops, but to hide in their houses.

And I thank ciqala and spiritlite for their information posted here.