Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 05-05-2015, 02:39 PM
Guide
Hey Miss Hepburn!
Quote:
So if it has been programmed to think you are going to be robbed...it
creates situations where you WILL be.
If you think you are wonderful and deserving of great things...it arranges
all situations just to fulfill what it has been programmed.

Fascinating, eh? That's what affirmations are all about.

I agree with that statement with the following thought process:
If I believe that I'm going to be robbed, then I am going to be acting more defensively towards the people around me. That defensiveness could give others a 'reason' to get into a fight with me, and after the fight I may get robbed..
Or..
If I believe that something good is going to happen, then I will be paying attention to the good that has been happening, as well, I'll be paying more attention to ways that good things could happen.

In this sense of programming - we are telling ourself that something will happen, and therefore, we decide all of the possibilities of how that something will happen. When we decide this, we are opening our consciousness to the possibilities of that decision and closing it off from the polar opposite (nothing will happen to me - or - I'm perfectly safe, I won't get robbed)

This goes with the same sense of turning our subconscious conscious. In order to do so, we make an effort to project our actions a particular direction (we decide to act a specific way for a specific means) and when we decide that, we grow conscious of our current actions and these current actions show where our mind was at during another point in time (when we first created these conditioned actions).
Old 05-05-2015, 03:51 PM
Master

Hello jorddy,

Somewhat along the lines of Lorelyen's post (reply #2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
My only query is how this relates to the subconscious that's hidden from your wakeful existence; sometimes emerges under various conditions (dreams for instance and usually deeply symbolic). Interpreting what emerges can be difficult without the potential for self-deception. How do you guard against that? It seemed that dreams and considerable meditation are the easiest ways to tease stuff out and it isn't always pleasant.

I still don't get what this frequency thing is either. Do you mean state of your ontic self? People here bandy the word "frequency" about as if analogous to its meaning in physics (i.e. oscillation, periodicity) but they don't seem to mean that. I conclude they're talking about their own "spiritual state" but deliberately unbalancing it toward "light" and good, measured against some arbitrary benchmark. Or their ontic state - the state of being - what's good against bad, what's better or worse. Perhaps some mean level of attainment. I don't know.

Don't you mean:
Turning your superconscious conscious in order to raise your energetic frequency?
Both subconscious and superconscious are subliminal.

While there may be practical spiritual merit in revealing the subconscious origins of unsatisfying behavior, how could one raise their energetic frequency by focusing on what is subconscious? The subconscious doesn't have the capacity to transform itself, which must be effected consciously by means which are superconscious to it. Or is that what you meant by:

Quote:
What would allow us to see more of our subconscious actions in order to further heighten our energetic frequencies?
?
This may be one of those clarification of semantics issues.

~ J

Old 05-05-2015, 03:54 PM
lifensoul

Thank you jorddy. Very useful posts and clarifcations. The essential building blocks of introspection and means to control direction of spiritual growth.

Lol...never occurred that it could be broken down into such steps in such language or even that such detail could come so handy when stuck from spiritual progress for it.
Old 05-05-2015, 03:59 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifensoul
Thank you jorddy. Very useful posts and clarifcations. The essential building blocks of introspection and means to control direction of spiritual growth.

Lol...never occurred that it could be broken down into such steps in such language or even that such detail could come so handy when stuck from spiritual progress for it.

No problem, I'm glad it helped! :)

Yeah, I have always been a really conceptual based person, that being said, I try to conceptualize everything into steps.

If you come to any blocked roads down your path of frequency elevation, i'd be glad to assist!
Old 05-05-2015, 04:10 PM
lifensoul

I use that process as a habit, more because my mind just works so and i enjoy itso and would have it no other way. In addition it has immensely benefitted what I do and what I am....so much that I don't think I can block it even if I want to...or change direction or stop growth or find myself becoming increasingly out of general society's comprehensibility...lol...I would have asked you to help me yo block it if I hadn't just decided once more that I need to get out of this world once and for all when I do at all costs!

I used to throw the word introspection around, to be used as a guide for spiritual progress and decide direction, but never occurred that the word might mean nothing but just a word until you elobarated on it...
Old 05-05-2015, 04:10 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyotir
Hello jorddy,

Don't you mean:
Turning your superconscious conscious in order to raise your energetic frequency?

How could one raise their energetic frequency by focusing on what is subconscious?

Both subconscious and superconscious are subliminal.

~ J

Hey Jyotir,

I like the term of subconscious because it is what I am not aware of. The foundations that I have built that are still working for me - or - working against me at this point in time.

One can raise their frequency by focusing on their subconscious by becoming conscious of their subconscious :)

I guess, if you want to use more words, you could say that the new level of consciousness in your actions is superconscious - because you are transcending old habits that were being used to propel you to a particular goal into a new actions (and new conscious habits) that are being used to propel you to accomplish a new goal...

The thing is, your actions will become conscious to you, but then you will eventually act in a subconscious manner again once you have established this new baseline of activity. - These new subconscious activities will be able to turn back conscious if you pay attention to them (if you ask yourself why you're acting in a particular way) but you won't be consciously making them over and over again. - So, say today you consciously make them to attain a goal - in 10 years, when you act from that same particular habit that isn't working for you anymore, it will be a subconscious action that needs to be re-aligned with your new goals.

You can looks at this pattern as establishing a superconscious - but I don't really appreciate that word. I think saying that you are turning your subconscious - conscious is much more enlightening because using the word superconscious would be saying that there is another consciousness being used within this process and the only thing I would delegate superconscious with is the process of establishing a goal that you are deciding to work towards. So, yes, superconscious can be used, but, not as a way to exclude either consciousness or subconsciousness. It can only be used as an addition to explain the step from where we are now, to the next level of where we want to become. - In other words, the superconscious shows us what energy frequency we can gravitate towards, and it allows us to decide that frequency as our own. Once we decide that frequency as our own, the actions we are currently acting out are no longer beneficial to achieving the goal we now want to accomplish.
Old 05-05-2015, 04:20 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifensoul
I use that process as a habit, more because I just love doing so and would have it no other way....so much that I don't think I can block it even if I want to...or change direction or stop growth or find myself becoming increasingly out of general society's comprehensibility...lol...I would have asked you to help me yo block it if I hadn't just decided once more that I need to get out of this world once and for all when I do at all costs!

I used to throw the word introspection around, to be used as a guide for spiritual progress and decide direction, but never occurred that the word might mean nothing but just a word until you elobarated on it...

It is a great process to use if you want to get to a higher place!
Yep, introspection is the best word that can be used. Though, introspection only speaks on part of the process. To be introspective, we view our actions and realize what part of ourselves they're coming from.
For example: "I hit the dog in the face", then under scrutiny, I asked myself why I did such a thing - did he deserve it? "No - he didn't deserve it. I was mad and I didn't know how to take it out, so I hit him in the face"
- Now, the next step is progression out of the idea (for this instance) that I don't want to harm others in order to make myself feel closer to equilibrium inside

But for the process of - Deciding a mission "I need to be as healthy as possible in order to become fully engaged with life" - Metric "How healthy am I?"
- How well did I eat today? - Did I eat processed foods? Did I eat junk food? How many servings of fruit did I eat? How many veggies did I eat?

"I ate no veggies and no fruit" - Oh! Why didn't I eat any fruit or veggies? "Because I liked eating fruit roll ups more than real fruit, because it tasted better"
Okay, well, now i'll be eating fruit. *Nothing besides the last part was introspection - realizing my current actions and why I was making them*

I bring this up because introspection is a great tool, but it must be used with process for progression or the introspection will be forgotten by the end of the day.

As well, processes for progression allow one to become introspective by targetting a goal - (in a pro-active way) rather than becoming introspective because of normal reasons (because you have done something that was so bad you realize it wasn't the right thing to do) - That is the breaking point of bad actions.. We can realize our bad actions before they reach a breaking point (Eating so much bad food w/o any fruits or veggies, that I become morbidly obese and have a heart attack - THEN i realize that "oh.. I need to change my diet")
Old 05-05-2015, 04:25 PM
lifensoul

Jyotir,

super conscious is the equivalent of higher self, not necessarily the highest self aka god's actual representation in ourselves or god as in external to the self if that's how one prefers to see it....

subconscious is the part of our mind...which hold and undermines everything we experience, our driving forces in everyday life, in every action of ours, how we incorporate our every moment of experience and how we use it in every moment of our life...

it is extremely extremely personal...most likely one persons subconscious mind wont match anothers if it could be printed out.

The subconscious holds a lot of secrets for the mind, secrets which determine how one projects self to the outside world, it helps lock the momentary memories which might hurt the person by using lots of deceptive tricks. The Freudian slip is one example if the subconscious failing due to overload...

Meditation, emptiness etc ways, triggers to reach this subconscious mind such that the blocks to the spiritual process can be introspected and lifted off such that the conscious mind can reach the higher self and then the god higher than the higher self...perhaps emptiness is kind of reaching the overlap between the conscious, the unconscious part of the mind and the god awareness, having turned the subconscious into a clear and perhaps more importantly, into a clean mirror. Clean meaning, no more secrets hidden to the self's conscious mind in the subconscious mind.

Super conscious, the way you describe it will be equivalent to the guiding principles and direction to progress and balance along the spiritual side of the equation. All the work is done by the subconscious itself, the conscious is not the bit of it which the mind as a whole allows it to manifest to be seen both by the own conscious, by others. The higher self sees through and records ever moment if the subconscious, even the deepest secrets, the deceptions and the work done to get rid of them, the conscious mind isn't a limitation or block for the higher self or super conscious as it is for the self. The higher self could be in the unconscious part of the mind.

Last edited by lifensoul : 05-05-2015 at 06:04 PM.
Old 05-05-2015, 04:31 PM
lifensoul

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorddy
It is a great process to use if you want to get to a higher place!
Yep, introspection is the best word that can be used. Though, introspection only speaks on part of the process. To be introspective, we view our actions and realize what part of ourselves they're coming from.
For example: "I hit the dog in the face", then under scrutiny, I asked myself why I did such a thing - did he deserve it? "No - he didn't deserve it. I was mad and I didn't know how to take it out, so I hit him in the face"
- Now, the next step is progression out of the idea (for this instance) that I don't want to harm others in order to make myself feel closer to equilibrium inside

But for the process of - Deciding a mission "I need to be as healthy as possible in order to become fully engaged with life" - Metric "How healthy am I?"
- How well did I eat today? - Did I eat processed foods? Did I eat junk food? How many servings of fruit did I eat? How many veggies did I eat?

"I ate no veggies and no fruit" - Oh! Why didn't I eat any fruit or veggies? "Because I liked eating fruit roll ups more than real fruit, because it tasted better"
Okay, well, now i'll be eating fruit. *Nothing besides the last part was introspection - realizing my current actions and why I was making them*

I bring this up because introspection is a great tool, but it must be used with process for progression or the introspection will be forgotten by the end of the day.

As well, processes for progression allow one to become introspective by targetting a goal - (in a pro-active way) rather than becoming introspective because of normal reasons (because you have done something that was so bad you realize it wasn't the right thing to do) - That is the breaking point of bad actions.. We can realize our bad actions before they reach a breaking point (Eating so much bad food w/o any fruits or veggies, that I become morbidly obese and have a heart attack - THEN i realize that "oh.. I need to change my diet")

True. Direction/progression...I prefer direction as progression can be seen as moving forward even in the reverse direction of spiritual growth and the same process can be used to decieve the mind and validate such progress...the ego has a lots of tricks under its sleeve to keep its illusionary identity in spiritual terms. But your examples do clearly identify progress in the spiritual direction.

The next difficulty could be finding the motive to progress in the spiritual direction or to even continue introspecting for it is work for the mind.....maybe another task for you to write up about, lol..
Old 05-05-2015, 04:41 PM
Guide
Yeah, direction is by far a better word, because we most certainly can slide down hill *ignorance vs. Love* is really the two different directions I see. (Decreasing energy frequency = ignorance and increasing = love)

The motive to progress in the spiritual direction or to even continue introspection:

It's like seeing a bright light ahead of you while you stand there in the darkness. You strive to run towards it as fast as possible and as you run towards it, the darkness around you slowly turns to light. You feel this light around you and you realize that the light is piercing through you, as if you're connected to everything around you.

When you get closer to this light, you realize that you're also emanating this light. You realize that your light is being spread to everything around you and that you have the ability to share it with everything - that your progression is infection to everything around you.

It is at this point that you keep progressing in order to further increase the connection of everything around you - like your the syncmaster, and you're syncing up all energies to yours. - It's like, you realize that the darkness starts following you because it's seeking your light, and you have the light to share.

There is nothing more fulfilling than that feeling (for me at least) - being the guide that others can follow.. Not to get confused with ego and being 'famous' or being 'above'. It's about being the thing that shows others they have it too.