Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 20-04-2015, 02:41 AM
Deactivated Account
Depression is a word we attach to ourselves by conditioning, so for me a baby cannot be depressed when born, it just reacts the outside stimulus, and we by looking at the baby's reaction put a label to that reaction. .
Old 20-04-2015, 02:54 AM
Master
LilyJ you may have something organic causing it too ,food is made of many different chemicals and they might be doing it , Do you crave a particular thing always ,that can be a sign ,My food allergies can cause me depreesion ,anger ,crying all from an organic level ,see my post Hate is in me ,I think its in the healing section...............
Old 20-04-2015, 03:03 AM
Master
a babys body chemistry can be affected by the mother's experiences
during pregnancy.

that you are receptive to the emotional states of others, and the planet
in general, sounds like a good thing to me... you just need to be able
to dissipate these energies effectively (don't store and hold on to them).
spend time in nature and in doing the things you enjoy. see if you can't
reach your "downer receptors" with these happier energies.

the idea i have to share with you is: we are only given the life
lessons that we are capable of learning. i believe that you can
heal yourself of the sadnesses and pains that you experience.
one important step may involve releasing your ideas of the past...
whatever pains you've manifested prior to now can have
no bearing on your present condition/sensations, unless you allow it.
Old 20-04-2015, 06:34 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by lillyj
I have said similar in another post
But i have unrelenting emotional pain and have had it all my life and mainly just felt lost in the world. I have had this labeled as depression by doctors when i was ninteen.
MY mum thought i was depressed at 7years old and took me for an assesment. They just said i was frightned and confused about life, I would say that sums it up realy. But would add sadness and pain to that judgment of me they made
From 5years old i have memories as early as that and they are all of sadness and pain for being alive really.

But before any diagnosis i used to call me pain soul sickness. Because i knew about that people had souls and my pain was so deep that i thought even from young that it must be my soul that was sick.

I think if you believe in past lives and reincarnation it would be easy to believe you could have stuff left over from a past life.

But im more interested in other theories about why some people might be born with soul pain.
Do you think it could just be a personality thing that some people just feel life hurts
I know i am highly sensitive and alot of us feel this way alot of us are suicidal for no aparantly good reason.

I also feel the pain of others as my own and take it on so i am full up alot of the time with hurt so its from inside and outside but im more interested for this post why a little child might be in the world with a hurting soul?? Before they have really been exposed to the world of people and learned language etc . Im convinced i was born this way.
So im interested in where the internal hurt comes from and not that it comes from other people. Because that one has already occured to me
any other theories??

Not sure, but maybe there can be a neurological element that's determined by genetics. The intersection between genetic and environmental influences is kind of a grey area.
Old 20-04-2015, 06:41 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by revolver
Depression is a word we attach to ourselves by conditioning, so for me a baby cannot be depressed when born, it just reacts the outside stimulus, and we by looking at the baby's reaction put a label to that reaction. .

Good point because we have certain expectations about physical, mental and emotional (and spiritual) growth that are based primarily on averages, and the language used to classify that is steeped in 'what's normal' (vs. abnormal). I think if we reframe terms into what is more common vs. what is less common or rare, we can remove 'normalcy' from how these things are viewed.
Old 20-04-2015, 06:46 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by revolver

Yogananda states in his autobiography, " The autobiography of a Yogi", of recalling being self-aware as a baby and being quite indignant with his apparent physical impotence as a baby and the consequent indignities.

It is possible for some to be aware as a baby itself, recalling the past lives. The degree to which this is possible may vary though.

Wholesome virtuous behavior progressively leads to the foremost.~ Buddha AN 10.1

If you do right, irrespective of what the other does, it will slow down the (turbulent) mind. ~ Rajini Menon
Old 21-04-2015, 06:36 AM
Knower

Josh thanks everyone theres loads of ideas there .
i think healing the past is a good way forward and cultivating positive emotions if possable . Even if there is still going to be depression at other times. Im sure that is a saying in buddhism always keep a joyful mind! of course you cant always.

BUT i read a book once about laughter therapy and it said basicaly fake it till you make it. I can do this sometimes. But when im at my worst nothing seems to touch me. Only the idea of death and an end to this existence helps me an i ideslise it as one might a god or lover. I long for it ache for it because of the pain.
In its pure form its just suffering.
I believe on a soul level.
But im not 100% sure it is in my soul but it sure feels like it.

I did soul retrieval for a long time with a shaman. Beacuse they belive that trauma leaves parts of your soul lost in the spirit world like a little you and its the shamans job to go and retrieve the parts for you. It didnt help!!
I do wonder about the idea of me picking up on the state of the planet as a whole. I really feel that is maybe it for me . I take on other peoples emtoions ive known that for some years. But i never had thought of picking up on the frequency of the planet. I feel the energy of places very strongly too.
Old 21-04-2015, 06:43 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay00
Yogananda states in his autobiography, " The autobiography of a Yogi", of recalling being self-aware as a baby and being quite indignant with his apparent physical impotence as a baby and the consequent indignities.

It is possible for some to be aware as a baby itself, recalling the past lives. The degree to which this is possible may vary though.
I don't really know about that, but a baby is born without a story, just as all bay's are born, the story builds up over the years, and hence the ego is created. Being awake as a baby really doesn't make any difference, a baby doesn't know its awake, just as we as adults don't know, that is until we do know, and this what enlightenment is, simply knowing
Old 21-04-2015, 07:09 AM
Master
My local car mechanic tells me his baby girl was born diabetic. If it were possible then how/why? Or did it occur soon after birth and so appear to be there from the off? I look at folk who are growing physically differently, and incorrectly, due to various loss of natural groundings and it pulls my heart strings. I know they will never, in this life most likely, understand why, what or how that stone got in their shoe?

One can be clinically depressed, which is of course, depression without external cause, i.e. no sustained emotional or merntal abuse leading to psychological issues, but caused by a physical lack of feel good chemicals. I'm guessing yours is the latter...depresssion without real cause. Folk who have suicidal thoughts (without wanting to follow through) can have them abate immediately upon removal of mercury fillings (unlikely causative here due to age etc but as an aggravating affect). Just to illustrate how there could be anyone of a few dozen reasons that's right under someone's nose and yet might as well be a million miles away and well hidden.

I would take up tai chi, go gluten free, eat organically...the tai chi alone should do alot to balance the elements within, including fire and water, which are associated with depression and happiness. I'd be avoiding vaccines for sure as you get a few of them before you're knee high to a grasshopper. Also the blood shared whilst in the womb is important. If the mother has IBS or similar then it's likely the baby will be born insufficient benefical bacteria/ immunity etc.

As for soul pain and past lives, it's not something I'd be too pre-occupied with because physical problems like clinical depression will ameliorate with the correct physical approach, regardless. I doubt it could be permanently functional, in that it not be treatable.

ttfn

"There is no psychological evolution: there is only the ending of sorrow, of pain, anxiety, loneliness, despair and all that."
Old 21-04-2015, 07:12 AM
Master
LillyJ there are a surprising amount of emotions behind depression as I have found, A great book By Gary Zukav called the Heart of the Soul helped me to uncover and feel and heal from them,He also has an interesting website worth a visit...........I pray your pain decreases and you find some activities that are joyful and life affirming, In Jesus name AMEN