Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 04-10-2012, 01:32 AM
Kaceykat

3 inch white crystals? What can I do with them? :)

I inheirited a relative's stone & crystal collection, including a few 2 to 3 inch long clear white crystals. Those I put on a window sill where they would get the morning sun, after I read that the sun charges them up with energy, and would also cleanse them. But I've never really done anything with them after that!

I was thinking I could move a few of them to the window sill closest to a noisy neighbor's house, to keep them between me and him, to cleanse the motorcycle noise & aggressive angry loner energy which seems to come from his house most nights, and to calm down my overreactions to it. (After all, it's just noise, it can't hurt me, even if it startles the heck outta me, right?)

Is this an appropriate use of crystals? Am open to ideas! What else do people do with crystals too large to carry in a pocket comfortably?

Also any suggestions for sealing-the-aura crystals so I can grow a bit of a tougher skin? Who knows, I might already have that stone in the house...
Old 04-10-2012, 04:34 AM
Master
Well first you will want to identify what the crystals exactly are. Probably Quartz being that is one of the most common crystals on the Earth. They could be a few other things though so identification is key to actually knowing what properties the crystals possess. Once you identify them you can research what those crystals are known for and then work with them accordingly
Old 04-10-2012, 01:10 PM
Kaceykat

thank you so much for your kind response to a newbie to crystals. If you wanted to share a link to a favorite website or FAQ about crystals, I'd love to learn more.

I uploaded two pixs to flickr (at least, I think I did it right! :) of some of the collection, in case people can identify what I've got and what they might be used for.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/37358658@N05/

If there's one I'm drawn to, it's the wand embedded in surrounding crystals (pix 2) it makes me think of Excalibur...

Don't know tho if that's good or bad, it could be because I'm 'stuck' on the bad energetic situation with my neighbor maybe?
Old 04-10-2012, 04:36 PM
Likes2Read

The brownish/tan ones that resemble flowers are Selenite, also called Desert Rose when they appear in this form. Those are a rather soft stone, so handle them with care.

The other stones appear to be quartz. The clear one with black deposits is quartz, and depending on whether the deposits are ON or IN the stone, it might have some kind of inclusion in it. Sometimes, when quartz is forming, other minerals are forming at the same time, and the quartz crystals grow up around them. For example, if those black deposits appear like black rods running through the stone, it could be another stone called tourmaline, which would mean it's a piece of tourmalinated quartz.
Old 04-10-2012, 09:05 PM
Kaceykat

Thank you for that!

I just checked and yes, the black is indeed well inside the quartz, but it doesnt look like rods, it looks more like... well, spilled ink or tobacco ash to my untrained eye, running throughout :)

re: the rose stones, thanks for that too. I found the following info online at http://crystal-cure.com/selenite-rose.html "It makes a wonderful protection stone. Place a selenite sphere at the corners of your home to create a peaceful, safe environment that will not be disturbed by outside influences."
Wow this rose may be just what I need to protect my house / filter me from incoming vibrations. I may put a few between me and the neighbor

thanks again
Old 04-10-2012, 10:44 PM
Likes2Read

I wonder if the black inclusion in the quartz stone is chlorite? That's normally green, but according to this page, it can be other colors, including black: http://www.healingcrystals.com/Chlor...cles_1189.html

Is it possible to get some images of the stone from some other angles? That might make it easier to identify what's included in the quartz.

It's always nice to know these things, because then the stone will take on the properties of both the quartz and the other mineral(s) that it contains.
Old 05-10-2012, 04:03 AM
Master
The two in the front and the double terminated one and the one to the left of the pink crystal cluster are Herkimer Diamonds. Obviously I cannot say for sure but I am almost positive they are. I have been shopping for Herks lately and they commonly have the inclusions inside just like those do. I am pretty sure those ones are Herkimer Diamonds which is actually a form of Quartz. I would say the two big ones in the front, the medium sized double terminated one in front of the pinkish crystal, and the one to the left of the pinkish crystal are all Herkimer Diamonds. Maybe even the medium one behind the real big one that has all the inclusions as well, I can't see it very good so can't say for sure.

The small white ones outside of the pan look like regular Quartz. Like the other people said the others are Desert Roses and the pink crystals are most likely Rose Quartz.
Old 05-10-2012, 09:11 PM
Kaceykat

Thank you both for your interest and to Astral Explorer for that info, my boyfriend knows the Mohawk Valley very well, and was talking about the Herkimer vein of quartz just last night (he says the other end of it comes out far away in the middle of Lake George, on some island?) so he may just want a Herkimer for himself

I did manage to upload two more pix, one is of the spilled-ash looking inclusions, and the other is of a pretty yellow cluster about seven inches wide, just in case someone recognizes it and can give me a name. http://www.flickr.com/photos/37358658@N05/

This is very interesting to me, thank you for sharing what you know!
Old 06-10-2012, 01:08 AM
Master
The ones with inclusions are definitely Herkimers in my opinion. Go to www.innvervisions.net and look at his Herkimer Diamond collection, that should leave you with no doubt that it's a Herk. Here I am going to include some pictures of Herks that pretty much have the same or similar inclusions as yours.

There ya go. Some of those have the exact inclusions as yours I think. I am pretty sure the ones I stated before are Herks. As for the big orange cluster it kind of looks like an Aragonite cluster to me but I am not sure.
Old 06-10-2012, 01:25 AM
Kaceykat

YES :) thank you. I would agree, a herkimer: pix of stone #16 shows the little spots which to me looked like cigarette ash, almost exactly the same type of spots.

So I just did a google on their spiritual use and came up with the below quote, that they help attune you to your spirit guides and work with the higher chakras, which is kinda funny to me, since my Reiki practitioner always said I was lopsided, that I had too much higher chakra going, that I need grounding (yes, I am a tree hugger. Literally. When I think no one is looking. It's supposed to help ground ones energy system )

Don't know if you agree with the following but this is what it says about Herkimers:
"They are potent high crystal energy stones, and will help whatever crystals that they are combined with, to work more effectively... and have a stronger resonance within your auric field.
Using these powerhouse stones in meditation is the other step you can take. Doing a daily crystal meditation with these powerful stones for many people is the beginning of a highly spiritual experience... which may lead to the opening of a variety of psychic gifts.
These are powerful stones for the higher chakras. When you use them during meditation, Herkimers are powerful stones to open the higher chakras. They will take the energy up through the third eye chakra and crown chakra to the soul star chakra and higher transpersonal chakras.
If during your meditation you pair it with other high vibration stones, it will magnify the other stone's vibration, and so enrich your meditation experience...While you are meditating with this stone... you can also program it to enhance your natural gifts and talents and improve your mental state. This could also be done with any stones in your jewelry, to make them highly effective aids to spiritual growth."

Thanks I am finding this very useful. Oh and the Desert Roses in the window, I swear it's like they've been soothing & talking to me all night long about the neighbor: "don't even look out at his house, it's fine, let it alone." Just the shift I've been looking for... Hey, I know what! If Herkimers can increase the vibe of other stones, then I should add them to the Desert Roses, to amp their protection...!