Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Closed Thread

Old 28-12-2006, 07:03 AM
Neeti_Shri

sai baba quotes

hi all!
these quotes are by sri sathya sai baba who exhorts us
To light a fire, strike one match to start;
To light your life, take one word to heart.
baba often says "my life is my message"...

he says that he has come to awaken the slumbering divinity in each one of us,who are children of immortality.

so here goes:

There is only one Caste,
The Caste of Humanity.
There is only one Religion,
Religion of Love.
There is only one Language,
Language of the Heart.
There is only one God,
He is Omnipresent.

Start the Day with Love,
Fill the Day with Love,
Spend the Day with Love,
End the Day with Love.

Service to Man is Service to God.

All are embodiments of divine.

Have Constructive Thoughts,
Consoling Words,
Compassionate Acts.

I - Want - Peace
"I" is Ego,
"Want" is Desire;
Remove Ego and Desire and you will be left with Peace.

Living with God is true Education,
Living for God is true Devotion,
Living in God is true Spirituality.

Love all
Serve all.

Real Devotion should always be absolute and unconditional.

God belongs to All.
He is Universal.

and many more...this space will be updated.thanking you,neeti.
Old 29-12-2006, 09:01 AM
Neeti_Shri

There is no prayer more fruitful than service

The mother is the pillar of the home, of society, of the nation, and so of humanity itself.

Hands that help are holier than lips that pray.

Fire is hidden in wood and God in Man.

Realise the Brotherhood of man and the Fatherhood of God by your selfless service.

What is the unmistakable mark of a wise man?It is Love, Love for all Humanity.

The Heart with compassion is the temple of God.

Faith in ourselves and faith in God - that is the secret of greatness, for God is Love.

My mission is to grant you courage and joy, to drive away weakness and fear.
Do not condemn yourselves as sinners.
Sin is a misnomer for what are really errors.
I shall pardon all your errors, provided you repent sincerely and resolve not to follow evil again.

One who has the true spirit of sacrifice gives to others without any hestation or reservation, smilingly and gladly, even his dearest and highest possession

Anger is the worst exhibition of the ego.

No religion has a separate God showering Grace upon those who profess to abide by their faith alone! It is the destiny of man to journey from Humaness to Divinity.

When you feel that you canot do good, as least desist from doing evil.
That itself is meritorious service.

Last edited by Neeti_Shri : 03-01-2007 at 07:03 AM.
Old 03-01-2007, 07:11 AM
Neeti_Shri

Sai Baba Quotes on Religions

Let the different faiths exist, let them flourish, let the glory of God be sung in all languages in a variety of tunes. That should be the ideal. Respect the differences between the faiths and recognize them as valid so far as they do not extinguish the flame of unity.

Should each person live the ideals propounded by the founders of his religion, unaffected by greed or hate, then the world will be a happy and peaceful habitation for man.

In spiritual terms all of mankind belongs to one and the same class, race, and religion.

The followers of each religion call upon One God who is omnipresent and listens to their prayers, be they from any race or whatever language they speak; but it is the same God who confers happiness on all of mankind. No religion has a separate God showering grace only on those who profess to abide by that faith.

There is only one God, one Goal, one Law, one Truth, one Religion and one Reason

Honor all religions. Each is a pathway to God. That is the right way of life.

Nations are many, but Earth is one;
Beings are many, but Breath is one;
Stars are many, but Sky is one;
Oceans are many, but Water is one;
Religions are many, but God is one;
Jewels are many, but Gold is one;
Appearances are many, but Reality is One.

God will not ask you when and where you did service? He will ask, with what motive did you do it? What was the intention that prompted you? You may weigh the service and boast of its quantity. But God seeks quality - the quality of heart, the purity of mind, the holiness of motive.

Man can realize his mission on the earth only when he knows himself as Divine and when he reveres all others as Divine.
Old 03-01-2007, 05:30 PM
purplemint

Neetikamath,

These are very powerful quotes and information, I love it! Such Greatness !!! Speaking ones truth connect us to our heart and we honor our Divine self every time we make this connection.
Old 04-01-2007, 08:13 AM
Neeti_Shri

dear purplemint,
yes,i am glad u liked these quotes...they are very simple yet profound,dont u think?!!thats what i personally love about sai baba's teachings.even kids can understand this and put them into practice.i can say with conviction that after practising even just one of these teachings,we experience peace and see big results.everyone has the right to know of this valuable spiritual wisdom...so i thought i'll share it in this website.am very glad to hear such encouraging responses from u and many others at spiritual forums.thanking u,neeti.
Old 05-01-2007, 01:06 AM
purplemint

neetikamath

I agree they are easily understood but much more difficult to practice. The meaning of life/spiritual wisdom is only complicated when we chose to make it so. (EGO) Thank You!
Old 05-01-2007, 05:40 AM
Neeti_Shri

Sathya Sai Baba's ABC

ABC
Always Be Careful
Always Be Carefree
Always Be Cheerful
Always Be Calm
Always Be Charitable
Always Be Courteous
Always Be Considerate
Always Be Cooperative
Avoid Bad Company
Accept Benign Company

Three C's
Contructive Thoughts
Consoling Words
Compassionate Deeds

Three D's
Duty
Devotion
Discipline

Five D's
Devotion
Discipline
Duty
Determination
Discrimination

Four F's
Follow the Master
Face the Devil
Fight to the End
Finish the Game

Three G's
See Good - Do Good - Be Good

Three H's
Hand - Head - Heart

Three P's
Patience - Purity - Perseverance
Old 06-01-2007, 08:04 AM
Neeti_Shri

baba on love:

#1 What is true Love? Pure, unselfish Love towards all living beings, considered as embodiments of the Divine, with no expectation of reward, is true Love.

#2 Love does not seek anything in return. Love knows only to give, not to receive. Such Love is free from fear. These are the basic features of true Love.

#3 That which does not change is only one -- it is Love. All relationships come and go - all are passing clouds. Only one thing is permanent, and this is Divine Love.

#4 Love is of two kinds: natural love is one which expects something in return. Divine Love expresses itself in loving service without expectation of any return.

#5 Love alone equals Love. Love is the result of Love. Love is the taste of Love. Love makes no differences or distinctions between 'mine' and 'thine.' It is extremely selfless.

#6 Life itself is Love. They are not two, but one. Love is the very nature of life, as burning is the nature of fire, or wetness of water, or sweetness of sugar. Love is the fruit of life.

#7 Only the Love that is unchanging and shines brightly always in the heart is true Love. It is unaffected by joy or sorrow, praise or blame.

#8 Love as thought is Truth. Love as action is Righteousness. Love as feeling is Peace. Love as understanding is Non-violence. Love is the common denominator.

#9 God is Love -- Full of Love, the Embodiment of Love, the Splendor of Love. God is where Love is -- Love expressed as sympathy, charity, reverence, affection, sacrifice.

#10 God is Love dwelling in your hearts; so the Kingdom of heaven is within you. When you realize this truth, your life will sing the music of Love.

#11 God is bound to you by the closest bonds of Love. God is the nearest, the dearest, the most loving, the most eager companion and kinsman for man.
Old 08-01-2007, 05:40 AM
Neeti_Shri

SRI SAI BABA on silence:

"Silence is the speech of the spiritual seeker."

"Before you speak, THINK
  1. Is it necessary?
  2. Is it true?
  3. Is it kind?
  4. Will it hurt anyone?
  5. Will it improve on the silence? "
"Spend a few minutes every morning and evening in the silence of your own shrine or home; spend them with the highest of all the powers that you know of. Be in His elevating and inspiring company; worship Him mentally; offer unto Him all the work you do; you will come out of the silence nobler and more heroic than when you went in. "

"Be silent yourself, that will induce silence in others. Do not fall into the habit of shouting, talking long and loud. Reduce contacts to the minimum. Carry with you an atmosphere of quiet contemplation, wherever you happen to be. "

"The less you talk, the more will become your mental power. With the increase in your mental capacity, there will be increase in your power of discrimination too. Consequently, you will give up "individual discrimination". Because of this, you will begin to consider the good of the world at large rather than your own individual welfare. You must cultivate such broad feelings from this young age itself."

"One of the first principles of straight living is the practice of silence. For the voice of God can be heard in the region of your heart when the tongue is stilled and the storm is tilled and the waves are calm. There will be no temptations for others to shout when you talk to them in whispers. Set the level of the tone yourself; as low as possible, as high as necessary to reach the outermost boundary of the circle you are addressing. Conserve sound, since it is the treasure of the element ETHER, an emanation from God Himself. Reason can prevail only when arguments are advanced without the whipping up of sound. Silence is the speech of the spiritual seeker. Soft sweet speech is the expression of genuine love. Hate screeches, fear squeals, conceit trumpets. But love sings lullabies. It soothes. It applies balm. Practice the vocabulary of love; unlearn the language of hate and contempt."

"Less talk - more work! There is too much talking going on. Because of excessive talking, spiritual energy is being wasted. "
Old 08-01-2007, 05:44 AM
kundalini

Hi neetikamath,

I have just read your last post and found it to be very interesting and wise. Thank you for posting it, Kundalini.
Closed Thread