Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 20-10-2016, 04:03 PM
Knower

When i got to the end a saw the sign ....SPIRITUAL ANARCHIST...laughed for 5 minutes

Love
acorn
Old 21-10-2016, 10:36 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by acorn
When i got to the end a saw the sign ....SPIRITUAL ANARCHIST...laughed for 5 minutes

Love
acorn

me too. Sounds awesome!
Old 21-10-2016, 01:39 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared.L
Hello Guys,

Just a few thoughts on the faith in God.....

So do you agree that a person who believes in God and the one who doesn't live a different lives? I am not talking about fanatical dogmatic religious followers. Just a person who believes in supreme being/ the Creator and afterlife? Because most religions do imply the existence of afterlife.

So if we live our life believing in God and in the end we will find our that there is no afterlife, we will not care because we will cease to exist. No disappointment

But what if we live our life not believing in God (After us the deluge) and in the end we will find out that there is afterlife and you shall reap what you sow? Won't that be devastating?

So is it better to have faith then?

That's it, just live your life with this (your bold text) as your truth, because you are in fact reaping what you sow every second of every minute of every day. Everything we did, and will do is imprinted within ourselves, we know what we've done and our reward is not separate from us, nor is it to be received at some latter moment. So, how do you wish to feel as you go through life, because as you talk and act and think, so shall you feel.

And there is no need to worry of any God or punishment in some after life, nor does it matter if there is or is not any afterlife, as your reward is always with you right here and now and you cannot get away from it. So, live your life in the way you wish to feel as you go through life because they are not two separate things.

If you live your life in such a way that there is no need to fear standing before some God and answering for what you've done, then what's to worry about if there is or isn't one?

Who we were yesterday, does not have to be who we are today.
What we did yesterday does not need to be what we do today.

Last edited by Within Silence : 21-10-2016 at 03:11 PM.
Old 21-10-2016, 03:08 PM
Master

It is my belief the Supreme Beings who run the show are not offended if we don't believe in them. They see the good stuff in us, not the negative. And they have total understanding of why we are the way we are.

I also believe if you don't believe in a hereafter and believe there is nothing beyond this life then you will go to a place of nothingness. Not as a punishment. Because it matches your vibration. When your vibration changes you will go to where your vibration is matched again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pisces_Moon
My daughter is a staunch atheist, nothing will convince her otherwise. Yet, she volunteers at an animal shelter and champions animal welfare issues. She has the deepest compassion for those less fortunate than herself, providing assistance to the homeless, the disadvantaged, the sick and those in need of someone to show them their is humanity iN this world.
Does she do this in the off chance of an afterlife? No, she holds no belief in it, she does it because she is a compassionate person that has.

Love this example of your daughter Pisces. She is a very compassionate soul. Yet she doesn't believe in a God of any sort. So where does that leave her? Because she is such a caring person her vibration is much higher than someone who doesn't believe in a god and cares not a twit about his/her world around them.

As I said the Beings who are running the show here don't take offense if we believe in them or not.
Old 22-10-2016, 02:16 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by linen53
It is my belief the Supreme Beings who run the show are not offended if we don't believe in them. They see the good stuff in us, not the negative. And they have total understanding of why we are the way we are.

I also believe if you don't believe in a hereafter and believe there is nothing beyond this life then you will go to a place of nothingness. Not as a punishment. Because it matches your vibration. When your vibration changes you will go to where your vibration is matched again.

Love this example of your daughter Pisces. She is a very compassionate soul. Yet she doesn't believe in a God of any sort. So where does that leave her? Because she is such a caring person her vibration is much higher than someone who doesn't believe in a god and cares not a twit about his/her world around them.

As I said the Beings who are running the show here don't take offense if we believe in them or not.

Well, linen, although I was raised Christian I rejected it and all other religions, belief in God and became an atheist...believing that when you die, that's the end of you...period. No afterlife, no God, no judgement. All this time I still tried to follow "the Golden Rule" simply because it's the decent way to live. Then I had a NDE, and what I experienced was so wonderful when I learned I had to come back to this life I so didn't want to. I found I was wrong about there being no afterlife, not sure about what is or even if there's a God, and that yes, there is no judgement...only enlightenment. I gather that "vibration" in this life really has nothing to do with the afterlife.
So...strictly from my personal experience...it seems to me you're at least half right...!
Namaste...!
Old 22-10-2016, 03:54 PM
Master

What a wonderful experience Mardav! I envy you (in a good way ). I am so tired and long to go Home, but not until I am done here.

I've heard both interpretations: One that a non believer in a hereafter goes to where their vibration matches and another that they go to a loving and peaceful place.

Like everything else, I believe there is a myriad of possibilities.
Old 24-10-2016, 03:07 PM
Experiencer

Deb..."long to go HOME"...!! That's exactly it...! Post NDE it makes sense to me our consciousness (spirit, soul...whatever) gets "straightened out" after we finally leave these physical vessels and from whatever their ego has done with/to them and go to that place...which felt like and can only be translated as "home".

Oh, there's all kinds of interpretations (what to believe???). Well, it ain't about belief...it's about following the Golden Rule. That's what I learned.

Lol...and I so envy those who've "made it" outa here. I'm left wondering "what next?"...is there a reason I was made to come back to this life? Or was it just the fact that a hard working, dedicated EMT performed his duty very well at preserving life (lol...when my consciousness returned into my body, I was a little put off at him that he did that...but reluctantly accepted it).

You're last line is so true...!

Namsaste, dear Deb.
Old 24-10-2016, 04:31 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatchit
I'd say the belief in a god who rewards us if we believe in him, and punishes us if we don't is really rather naive and simplistic. If it's true, then god has a lot of evolving to do...

Wow, you hit the nail right on the noggin for me. Some of the policies are questionable. What if "you" disagree, this is not unconditional.
Old 24-10-2016, 05:39 PM
Color

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared.L
But what if we live our life not believing in God (After us the deluge) and in the end
we will find out that there is afterlife and you shall reap what you sow? Won't that be devastating?

So is it better to have faith then?
I am a perfect one to ask since my ex was an angry, militant atheist.

He was a better person than many 'believers'...makes no difference that he
felt himself a scientist and non-believer.
He is going to a wonderful place in the afterlife..whether he believes it or not.
What a nice surprise for him. ( I have read so many
NDE books and stories, that's why I say this.)

God loves people that do not believe, it's just because they have not seen...
and are using their teeny, limited, pea brain to figure things out.
Psst...He also loves murders and thieves.It's His Nature! He can't help it.
(But that, I didn't read from any book.)

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 24-10-2016, 06:58 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARDAV70
Deb..."long to go HOME"...!! That's exactly it...! Post NDE it makes sense to me our consciousness (spirit, soul...whatever) gets "straightened out" after we finally leave these physical vessels and from whatever their ego has done with/to them and go to that place...which felt like and can only be translated as "home".

Oh, there's all kinds of interpretations (what to believe???). Well, it ain't about belief...it's about following the Golden Rule. That's what I learned.

Lol...and I so envy those who've "made it" outa here. I'm left wondering "what next?"...is there a reason I was made to come back to this life? Or was it just the fact that a hard working, dedicated EMT performed his duty very well at preserving life (lol...when my consciousness returned into my body, I was a little put off at him that he did that...but reluctantly accepted it).

You're last line is so true...!

Namsaste, dear Deb.

Kindred spirits! Maybe we can look each other up when we get there and celebrate our completions.

I do have memories of my life before this one on the other side. But I wasn't in "heaven" so to speak. I went somewhere that I could be alone and think. I was there for a long time before I agreed to this incarnation.

I can see you giving the EMT a sour look upon waking up, lol.