Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 20-08-2015, 05:50 PM
Suspended
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serrao
Awakeness, Enlightenment, Liberation, God-Realization and Buddha-nature.
Are those realizations different names for the same thing?
Or do those realizations differ from each other?

We are all responsible for our own paths and so ultimately we decide the meaning of those words. We read and listen and watch and we decide what is spiritual and what is not. We decide what the "truth" is, what those words mean. We all have opinions and beliefs and these effect our experience and behaviors in the world. That's not to say there is not a universal "truth" out there but this world is a chaotic and confusing place full of "noise" and untruths.

We live in a world of words and thoughts and ideas. We carry around all of these ideas we have picked up like books in a back pack. But think of this, a lot of spiritual teachers have said the main problem in your life is the ego, the voice in your head. Well that voice owns all the beliefs and opinions doesn't it? It's that voice that seeks to be spiritual. So being "awake" also means to drop trying to achieve something, to attain something. To drop the ideas of "Awakeness, Enlightenment, Liberation, God-Realization and Buddha-nature."

But don't take this idea and create some reactive idea of, well that's nothing! That is being nothing! That is making no progress or giving up. It's quite the opposite really. How many people can let go of all their opinions and beliefs and just be, humble, open minded, forgiving, free? Be people who have no agenda or selfish desires? To create nothing but peace in themselves and others and the world? Be nothing more than what you are. Seek nothing more than what you are. Drop all thoughts of self and in that dropping, reflect the light that has always been there at your center.
Old 20-08-2015, 06:01 PM
celest

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemex
Here's why I ask. And I will study the answers given. This is what I've heard and also read about Buddhism.

I don't know what Buddhist believe today about such things as God, but I have read Buddha believed in many gods. I've read today some Buddhist believe in a God and some do not. Was so amazed hearing that. If it's true then God-Realization in Buddha nature to.

What I have always liked about Buddhism is it's concern for the human condition, human nature. The openness of compassion which I'd like more of. I use myself as an example. When I ask a question one can be too general. The Buddha nature is a word different from another. So for instance, dose what a person believe go against Buddhism as it dose say in monotheism. Do I have to give up anything. This is the kind of answer I want to hear said.

My own philosophy is My God can accept yours but your's cannot accept mine which is why I am open to it concepts. I really don't want anymore of that.

Personally, I would like Christianity to be more inclusive which I think Buddhism is. There's a lot of what I call period thinking and wonder if Buddhism has some to. Christianity is a very open religion we talk about and Buddhism seems to be even more.

As we do not know the word it is just a word.

Buddha taught that you can believe in whatever makes sense to you personally.He never denied the existence of a God but taught that each person is responsible for their own life not a God. You can be a Buddhist Christian if you choose, at the Sangha I use to attend there where many Roman Catholic priests who came also. Buddhahood and God realization are very different because one is about enlightenment and God realization is belief in a divine being and Buddhist don't believe in divine beings.
Old 20-08-2015, 11:11 PM
Master

Thank you all for your replies.
The replies helped me to ponder further on the subject.

I now do think the different realisations are different from each other. They represent different experiences.
And I also think the qualities that represent the realisations are virtuous to possess.
But one's self should not be a derivative of the labels of the realisations. That could become a pitfall of feeding the false ego.
One's self should stay nameless and without labels.
Old 20-08-2015, 11:27 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Probably some spiritual stories to distract people from the rather less remarkable experience that is occurring currently.
I agree to some degree with your statement.

The experience of life can be seen as a sum total of distractions by the senses complemented with one's unique accessory actions.
The preference to be distracted by spiritual matters I see as a virtuous quality of one's personality.
Old 21-08-2015, 02:19 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capacity
I can't even begin to tell you all of the remarkable experiences I have had in my life, in particular while walking a spiritually motivated path.
Have you not had your own?

I'm not sure what a spiritual path is, but I do a bit of meditation, which is categorised as 'spiritual, but the bulk of my life is really quite mundane, and very soon I'll be gone leaving nothing but a short memory, and not even a particularly fond one, having had some benefit and done some harm, and overall having had next to none significance in the world.
Old 21-08-2015, 02:22 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serrao
I agree to some degree with your statement.

The experience of life can be seen as a sum total of distractions by the senses complemented with one's unique accessory actions.
The preference to be distracted by spiritual matters I see as a virtuous quality of one's personality.

As a physicist would say an action and a reaction are arbitrary in their definition, but the force is the same value either way.
Old 19-10-2016, 09:54 AM
Guide

I think they are the same things. All religions are about the same thing, but with different wording.