Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations > Manifesting, Creating, & The Law of Attraction

Old 16-04-2015, 04:49 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean breeze
Neither really. I've never mentioned anything about continuously devoting yourself to negative people. I personally don't devote myself to any group of people. I also don't want to only surround myself with like minded people with similar values and opinions. To me that would be boring. I rather be around people with a wide diversity of opinions and values.

To me whether a person has a "so called" negative or positive view has nothing to do with whether they can add anything to your life or not. You can learn a lot from both perspectives. And both can add something to your life. A lot of people that come across as negative really aren't. Once you really get to know them, and i mean REALLY get to know them and see through the surface you may realize these people aren't so negative after all, just misunderstood.

And the op does discriminate. The original post clearly states: "I now attract only people with positive thoughts and who have an optimistic view on life and I attract people who have a higher vibration". If you have a negative attitude about negative people you must not be all that positive. Otherwise why not accept both.

I see your point about both types providing insight, but I have someone in my life that is extremely negative and it's because she is a deeply unhappy person. I know her very well and she will argue anything just to put a negative spin on it. It is extremely taxing to deal with this all the time because it makes communication very difficult. She is my sister so it's not like I would cut her out of my life, but for my own sanity, I do have to set limits. So I get the overall message of the OP. I don't think it's intended to be discriminatory but keeping the negative to a minimum is somewhat necessary (for me anyway).
Old 18-06-2015, 09:13 AM
Robertj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectral1212
I see your point about both types providing insight, but I have someone in my life that is extremely negative and it's because she is a deeply unhappy person. I know her very well and she will argue anything just to put a negative spin on it. It is extremely taxing to deal with this all the time because it makes communication very difficult. She is my sister so it's not like I would cut her out of my life, but for my own sanity, I do have to set limits. So I get the overall message of the OP. I don't think it's intended to be discriminatory but keeping the negative to a minimum is somewhat necessary (for me anyway).

good thoughts:)
Old 18-06-2015, 10:25 AM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalTrav
I wrote something down a few weeks back, start of the year to be exact. "I now attract only people with positive thoughts and who have an optimistic view on life and I attract people who have a higher vibration". Lo and behold, the next couple of days, people (friends) started disappearing and stopped bugging me. One said that her messages can't get thru to my mobile and another one said, from now on she will only tell me good things (never told her about what I had written). It's amazing ... and at the same time, I didn't realize that there were so many negative people around me that as soon as I wrote those words down, they disappeared!!!

What makes these people negative, to you?

and
Quote:
people (friends) started disappearing and stopped bugging me.
I've news for you. They aren't friends, just non-hostiles.

Two questions I ask about someone purporting to be a friend are:
- does he/she feel comfortable enough never to be dishonest with me?
- what sort of support would she/he give me were I in trouble or distress.

Asking is an exercise most enlightening.
Old 18-06-2015, 11:43 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
What makes these people negative, to you?

I've news for you. They aren't friends, just non-hostiles.

Two questions I ask about someone purporting to be a friend are:
- does he/she feel comfortable enough never to be dishonest with me?
- what sort of support would she/he give me were I in trouble or distress.

Asking is an exercise most enlightening.
Yes, I too feel that people who are "there for you" in the crunch are real friends. And that's a quality I wish to have for people who consider me a friend.

I have a friend who is very much there for me. He's reliable. We have a longstanding give and take.

At the same time, he is given to recurring downcast moods. And is a rather well-known hypochondriac (well-known among all his friends, who love him). But he's still a true friend and, though I've never explicitly asked him to, he has proved it many times over many years.

Worth considering.
Old 22-06-2015, 06:02 PM
maramara

very inspiring thread
Old 22-06-2015, 08:01 PM
My answer to being free from negativity....spend all day and eve....
or stay with someone that is extremely negative.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru