Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation > Walk-Ins/Soul Exchanges

Old 01-12-2012, 07:20 AM
LadyImpreza1111

His soul exchange

I've started reading about this phenomenon recently on this forum, although its hard to find stuff elsewhere on it. It seems like a rarely talked about topic. Thats why I'm eager to post this.

I became familiar with "walk-ins" a few months ago when my medium abilities got a bit stronger. That was how I communicate with spirits most clearly when they occupy my body for whatever amount of time they need. I consider the spirit that is occupying my body to be the "dominant" spirit. They are the ones that tells me what other spirits around me say and what they get with telepathy (that involves me), but its only the dominant spirit that I hear clearly. However, it has only been this week that someone connected to me experienced a soul exchange. My boyfriend, Shane. That was something that had a lesson for me in it but it took me a few days to understand what it was. Then it hit me. This was something we planned before this incarnation and it was meant to give me an insight into how my actions in a previous lifetime affected him, but also how his actions in this life not only affect me, but others as well. I saw my lesson right away but for him there was actually a few lessons in it too. I won't get into detail about everything he has learned as that would make this post extremely long. The main thing he wanted me to touch on is how his actions have affected other people.

There was a past life where I attempted suicide. My attempt was not successful right off the bat, but it damaged my kidneys which led to renal failure. So I did succeed........although not right away. In this life, I struggled with urinary tract issues off and on all my life but about 3 years ago I experienced these phantom pains in my back and left flank (two areas that can indicate kidney problems). I got tested for a UTI a few times. They didn't see anything. They did a CAT scan and there was nothing wrong. They referred me to a urologist who said I had symptoms of a UTI without actually having a UTI. They treated me for just the symptoms and that fixed the problem for a little bit. Then off and on, the pain would come back periodically........specifically when I got dehydrated. When my spirit guide told me about a month or so ago that it was past-life related, that was when the consistent pain seemed to go away. I'm thrilled. I didn't even have to undergo past-life regression to find out the root of the issue. Another thing I noticed is that there were low points in my life where I knew that as bad as things seemed to get.......suicide was never an option for me. I have 3 reasons for that. The first one is that suicide is extremely selfish to the people who are left behind. The second one is that I felt like even if I was driven to contemplate it, there was always a possibility that I could fail and severely hurt myself. I even had a friend in high school who attempted suicide by trying to OD on painkillers and the only thing she did was damage her kidneys. I never knew then why that resonated with me. Now I do. I now know that both of those reasons are connected to that past life. My attitude towards those who commit suicide is largely based on what I did myself. I thought about a failed suicide attempt because I damaged my kidneys before succumbing to renal failure. So I was subconsciously remembering a past life. The third reason is meant for this lifetime. There are people out there who I know would love to see me fall. They have torn me down any chance they could. It's also the haters that are the reason why I'm still standing. They are another reason why I would never consider suicide. I'm not about to give them any satisfaction. So why exactly does my story involve this soul exchange that Shane has experienced? It's really easy, actually. My spirit guide is the one who did the exchange with him. He swapped places with him while he was sleeping. Shane is in the spiritual realm now and my guide is in his body and from what I hear, is very candid about his true identity. The reason for the swap (as far as my part in this) is to show me exactly how my death in that life affected Shane. I felt pangs of despair and abandonment initially just like I imagine he did when I committed suicide.It was a total eye-opener and now I believe even more fully that suicide is never the answer. I know that it is no coincidence that this happened at a time when we both felt like we were hitting rock bottom and thought, "I really don't even want to be here anymore." It basically helped prevent us from possibly downward-spiraling even further. See, since the soul exchange happened, his spirit hasn't left me alone for a second. He has said on more than one occasion that he doesn't want to share me with the other spirits because telepathy for us has been cut off for a few months now and communication has been restored. However, he likes basically seeing everything that goes on in my life and how I am with everyone. He also enjoys the fact that he has a severe garlic allergy in life, but in the spiritual realm and through me, he can easily enjoy things he couldn't before that has garlic in it because in his body, it would have caused anaphylactic shock. Thats definitely no substitute for being alive though. To be where he is, he has learned to not take anything in life for granted anymore. I definitely won't either.

For the first few days, I went through despair thinking he was never coming back and for me, it felt like he really was gone for good. I felt like there would be no way I could move on because his energy was always around me, always talking to me. For a brief moment, I was ready to completely give up on the whole medium thing because to be constantly reminded of him was painful. He also seemed to have reluctance to interact with spirits before the soul exchange and now I can't help but think his attitude was based on how he felt in that past life after I transitioned. I figured maybe he had those abilities then and when I passed, he wanted to close the door completely on the spiritual realm and I mirrored that same attitude. This experience was also meant to help him heal from that life because issues we struggled with in past lives affect us even now. This was the last thing he really needed to heal from. He also said that he is now more open to interacting with spirits because now he is healed.
If anything though, this experience has been totally valuable because we connected at a stronger level than we did before. It was both of our egos that created a chasm between us. Its like a canyon was formed that got bigger and bigger every day and honestly I wasn't sure we would ever be able to overcome it but now I am 1000X certain we will. That is why he told me to just go ahead and start referring to him as my "boyfriend" even though that hasn't become official on the earth plane yet. Even those in his life that have not met me do not have to meet me to know we have a connection that can't be put into words. Its not really even necessary anymore. I told him that the reason for this soul exchange was because no one could fully understand someone else until they've walked in their shoes. In a way, thats what he has been doing with me because he has been around me 24/7 and has seen all the areas of my life that contributed to my depression and he was oblivious to it before. Just like the lesson for me was an eye-opener to me, it was an eye-opener to him. He wasn't just seeing why I was hurting, but also how some of his actions have hurt others as well. He has gotten an earful from people about how he has treated others.

The people that know him that are aware that he has undergone a soul exchange is aware that the energy inhabiting his body is not him, but that of my spirit guide--hence why he seems "perfect." The dude won't even cuss. Another indicator is the change in his voice. Suffice it to say, it freaks them out. Shane told me to let them know not to be freaked out. He's there for a reason. I told him I called him a few choice words back when I was angry at him (Shane, not my guide). This forum doesn't allow use of such words but what I can say is that they can be found on Urbandictionary.com and for anyone who happens to know what they are, feel free to message me and tell me what they are.That would be the best ice breaker ever. He said that more than a few people would agree with me too but he thought they were funny anyway.
I was told I would have had to undergo a soul exchange if I didn't see the purpose in his experience that was meant for me. I don't have to because I learned my lesson. When a soul leaves the earth plane, they are forced to face how their attitudes and actions affect others. Shane admits that when things get hard, or they go wrong in his life, rather than facing them.......he tends to run from it. To do so creates a snow-ball effect for him. Where he is now, he can't run as easily. This is the first time he is having to face it and it is hard. Even before I started typing this, my stomach felt heavy like I was nauseous and I knew that it was his dread at basically exposing himself through me and how others might react. What he really wants is for people to understand that the person he has been lately is not the real him. I have reminded him that there are others out there who like him who probably just don't understand what is going on in his life. What most people don't understand in his life or mine is that with the kind of connection we have, emotions are huge, because they ping-pong back and forth between us and get magnified. When they are good, you don't have to die to go to heaven. When they are bad..........life becomes hell on earth. I blamed him for not being there for me when I needed him the most and that kind of blame coming from anyone else, he could have easily blown off. Coming from me, it was like a knife to the chest. I was the one who contributed to some of his depression. The rest of it was the fact that he wanted to run from his feelings for me rather than face them. Like a game of hot and cold, the further he tried to get away, the colder he got. We reacted to depression differently though. I functioned in everything I do with total apathy. He acted by turning into those choice words I mentioned (OH how I wish I could post them here). He treated multiple people wrong as a result of it. He has acknowledged that there are a lot of people he has to make things right with and that he wants them to know that he does want to do that, even if it might take a while. He has never been good at apologizing and I told him that it matters little in what he says, and more in how sincere he is. There is a chance he will most likely write letters to those he needs to make amends with. He wants me to let them know that frankly he's terrified that he won't know what to say or if they will forgive him. I keep reminding him that when he at least tries to make things right, it will be a big weight off his shoulders. People might forgive him, or they might not. However, he'll sleep at night knowing he has made the effort. That is really all he can do.

Its like I said before. In the spiritual realm, he can't run anymore. He has no choice but to face the consequences of his actions and attitudes. The real blessing in this experience is that what could have taken years if not decades more was accomplished in just a few days' time. He still thinks that maybe there is more I should say but he can't think of it at the moment. He'll say whatever else that comes to mind later on to whomever it needs to be said to, but he has said that he now sees exactly how my medium abilities work because now he's the spirit giving a message through me (although I'm part of this experience too). However, I will say this:

Depression can turn someone into someone even they don't even recognize anymore. He didn't like the person he was becoming anymore. He has seen even my own attitude in the way I carried myself at work........though I did not take it out on others. He used to say he didn't like my attitude but now he realizes that I am a mirror to him and just reflected himself back to him. I know people read that and think, "hypocrite" but I'm totally guilty of it too. We mirror each other a lot but the best part of that is that we fix what we don't like about ourselves that way, so its a good thing. Despite how he rubbed many the wrong way, I see him for what he truly is and that is a genuinely decent person who has made mistakes but has developed an honest desire to atone for them. I will no longer hold over his head things I held him accountable for because I knew it was a crushing weight on his shoulders. All I ask is that others give him a chance to make things right. He also wanted me to add that he wanted to step down from his position because he feels like its not a good fit for him. It has caused him a great deal of stress and a big part of it contributed to high blood pressure. That combined with the depression has taken a toll on him.

I actually had a dream some time ago where he was in uniform and we were hugging for the first time and it was was like no matter how tight we held onto each other, or how much we buried our faces into each other's necks..... we couldn't seem to get close enough to each other. I knew our souls were trying to completely merge and these earthly bodies were just getting in the way. At the time I dreamt that, I chalked it up to just assuming thats how that first hug would be because of the deep spiritual connection we have. Now after this experience, I have realized that yes, its part of the connection, but also symbolic of a reunion between two souls after one returned from the spiritual realm. He's around me now. He speaks to me all day every day. He's still too far away to me. I won't be ok until he is back for good.......and when I say for good, I mean for the rest of this lifetime, because we were both told that we would be leaving this life at the same time and I didn't want to miss out on that.

Last edited by LadyImpreza1111 : 01-12-2012 at 08:39 AM.
Old 07-12-2012, 07:35 AM
primrose

Lady, that's an amazing story. I don't know if such a long post sunk in, did Shane agree to this soul exchange. Can he re-inhabit his body when he wants to? or is it up to your guide?
Old 09-12-2012, 04:23 AM
LadyImpreza1111

Shane agreed to this experience prior to the beginning of this lifetime. Ultimately things are up to our guide. And I say our guide because since our life paths are intertwined, he watches over us (how exhausting that must be?!) both. He has returned to his body but periodically switches with him again. The first soul exchange was meant to show me how my actions affected him in that last life. The one that has gone on off and on over the past few days was meant to teach both of us to let go of the need to be in control. I struggled with frustration over the fact that he was here with me, but not in the context that I wanted him to be (physically.) He struggles with the loss of control over his emotions. Our bond is intense and there is no escaping the intensity. He wants the connection, just less of the intensity. I have an easier time surrendering to the intensity. Our guide pretty much decides its not necessary to continue when we learn our lesson. We are both fighting it so its still continuing.