Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Natural Remedies

Old 22-08-2015, 10:11 AM
Octy

I would be interested to hear more about the 5:2 if you don't mind :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by David F
I've lost a stone in the last two months, 2.5 inches off my waist measurement.

Whatever you do, make sure you can sustain it.

Keeping the exercise going, gradually adjust your diet so that you are upping your veggie intake.

For me, I have been doing the 5;2 diet. In my case I did it a bit differently and did alternate day fasting......but I don't stick hard to the figures on the fast day.

Don't worry too much about the WEIGHT, you will see the measurement come off as you measure yourself periodically. Remember muscle weighs more than fat.

On a "free day" don't go mad, just eat normally.

Keep off cakes , sweets , chocs like the plague, they are all diet wreckers....as is alcohol.

pm me if you want to know more

ps any diet that costs money is (almost certainly) a wind up and a rip-off, you should be saving money not buying so much food. Its basically about portion control, the buddhists have been doing for 1000s of years.
Old 22-08-2015, 10:13 AM
Octy

My suggestion is to replace white sugar with organic agave.

Good luck you are doing great! Look back at pat yourself on the back for the weight you have lost :) and keep going
Old 22-08-2015, 03:17 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Octy
I would be interested to hear more about the 5:2 if you don't mind :)

Well.......5 days you eat normally.

2 days you fast.

That doesn't mean nothing at all, it means 500 cals (girl/ woman) 600 for a male.

If you find it easier not to eat at all for that day...you can do that as well.

To be honest, when I left my last work , it was the only way for me, as my knees and back would not let me do cardio at that point. I was, frankly, in a bit of state at 14.5 stone. At that work I'd had to eat what I was given......or I could get......and when I looked at the calories I was horrified.

My task since then has been to "dissociate " myself with food.

What fasting does is make you realise you can go a day with out food .......AND YOU WON'T DIE!!!!!!!

That is, of course, assuming normal activities. If you are doing seriously physical work I think you wouldn't want to do it. It that case I doubt you'd ahve weight on anyway.

Anyway, I decided I had to start and try something. Next morning , sure enough, I was 2 Ib down.

I kept doing it and each time another 2 ib lost.......standard 5;2 weight loss each fast.

Well.I'm now 12 stone roughly. So down from 42.5 inches at the waist, now 36.5. Still not ideal but its coming off.

By the way, it is straight forwards...... it is not easy. It is bloody difficult and requires will-power to carry it through.

(If you do it) you will save huge £££££s and wonder 2/3 months down the line wear you were putting all the food you were (buying and) consuming.

btw the normal (or free) days assume normal and healthy diet. if you scoff cakes. biscuits on your free days you will almost certainly put it all back o again. You eat normally with no need to go hungry (fish, fruit, eggs, small amount of bread etc etc).

On a fast your reduced calories should mainlybe some form of protein.

There are 100s of tweaks on the theme but these are the main points.
Old 09-10-2015, 04:13 AM
lavanya

Actually maintaining good timing for food really helps to control weight. Many celebrities know this and religiously follow this. Strict timings, If you want to eat at 8 Am, you have to. No matter whatever comes do it disciplined. You'll notice the result with in a month.
Also a good tip is eat not more than 20 min. Eat less and chew the food properly with saliva then swallow.
Old 19-10-2015, 05:36 PM
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavanya
Actually maintaining good timing for food really helps to control weight. Many celebrities know this and religiously follow this. Strict timings, If you want to eat at 8 Am, you have to. No matter whatever comes do it disciplined. You'll notice the result with in a month.
Also a good tip is eat not more than 20 min. Eat less and chew the food properly with saliva then swallow.
Yes.
And it is so great to not eat after 5 or 6 pm...not 7 ....try it for a week and see!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 19-10-2015, 05:55 PM
Master
Goodness! There's so much information here - haven't read it all - but I do have a few tips and I agree with some of it that works for me, like not eating too close to bedtime; portions as well.

I find that whatever type of plant foods you eat, they won't have anywhere near the nutrition as they once did because of them being grown in depleted soils. So, my deal is supplements and vitamins - whatever you think you may need after reading stuff about them - I find that taking mega doses of Vit. C helps tremendously - and B-complex is something that when I have it on hand and it gives extra energy boost which is always important in losing weight.

At the same time we need to feel extra energy for a reasonable exercise program, we need to have a calm mind to think things through, so my suggestion is do to or not to do things when you're ready for bed that will help you get a good night's sleep. If you wake up and happen to think of something negative or sad, have a few go-to positive memories/thoughts as a counterbalance.

Old 03-11-2015, 07:36 PM
Newbie ;)

Supplements and herbs can only go so far so make sure any physiological factors causing the weight gain are ruled out. Get a baseline hormone panel done to see where you're at. If you're under a lot of stress, constantly elevated cortisol levels can lead to blood sugar problems and hence weight problems. An underactive thyroid will also be a huge causative factor in weight gain. The thyroid and adrenal glands work together so they both need to be addressed. Addressing one without the other would be missing the point.

Also medications like birth control pills, antidepressants can cause weight problems so if you're trying to lose weight and are on these meds then it's sort of an uphill battle.

Remove beverages sweetened with artificial sweeteners if you haven't already done so. Such drinks have been shown to alter your healthy gut bacteria predisposing individuals to weight gain. On that note, if you digestive health isn't doing well then that definitely must be addressed. If you're not absorbing nutrients properly, your body will constantly be in a state of 'starvation'.

For those that don't have joint problems and significant health issues, consider High-intensity interval training (HIIT). It's been shown to be more effective for weight loss than your typical long distance cardio workout. However it is very intense so make sure you have some level of fitness before you attempt it. Definitely let your doctor know.

Some good suggestions for those hunger pangs. Apple cider vinegar and EGCG (a constituent of green tea) can help.

Adding a spoonful of coconut oil to your diet can be useful as it has thermogenic aka fat burning properties.

Mental visualizations, hypnosis can be very helpful with addressing negative self talk, reprogramming the subconscious or uncovering belief systems and past trauma that might be contributing to the weight problem.

Sometimes just changing one thing works for someone but for someone else, it might require a multi-faceted approach. Everyone's body and response to their diet/lifestyle/environment is different. I guess that's what makes each of us unique!

Last edited by Zhized : 03-11-2015 at 09:09 PM.
Old 06-11-2015, 03:13 PM
Guide
I've recently came across saffron for other reasons. Saffron has many benefits. It's known to prevent over eating.
I turned to look but it was gone
I cannot put my finger on it now
The child is grown
The dream is gone
I have become comfortably numb.". - Pink Floyd

You'll find me here, in the back seat, just taking it all in
Old 20-07-2018, 04:17 AM
Experiencer

Of herbs I will advise sage, mint and licorice root.
Old 20-07-2018, 04:49 AM
Experiencer

I too am in the same place hypothyroidism and desperatly want to lose weight. I have cut my calories, I drink almost nothing, but water, meditate (it helps lose weight). I have cut out almost all junk except 1 small peice of chocolate a day less than an ounce. I cut out a lot of red meat except for twice a week. No out food plus exercise. I have lost 40 ibs. There are different diets for blood types too. All I did was evaluate what needed to be changed in my own life and I worked toward changing it little be little and I do let myself splurge occasionally. The reality is it is not just a diet it is a life style change that has to be maintained to some extent or the yo yo happens.

Good luck,
Namaste`