Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Natural Remedies

Old 10-02-2012, 07:08 PM
midnightstar

Question Natural remedy for anxiety?

Are there any natural remedies for anxiety? I suffer from anxiety and depression, the depression's eased after I had a doctors appointment but the anxiety hasn't, it's still exactly the same so I'd like to know if there's anything natural I could take that could ease the anxiety?
Old 10-02-2012, 10:54 PM
OceanWaves19161

I found valerian best for anxiety but theres also chinese herbs and anti anxiety medication from the doctors you can try. You'll have to talk to a doctor or a pharmacist about taking valerian if your already on medication from the doctors. Theres a really good anxiety medication that doctos are finding really works for alot of people w/o alot of side effects but the names escaping me at the momment.
Old 10-02-2012, 11:05 PM
Neville

Motherwort, Wild Lettuce, Passion Flower, Valerian, Vervain are all Herbal extracts thought to help relieve anxiety. A couple of drops of Lavender chill me out, on my Pillow at night or in the Bath. I did have cause recently to experience very great anxiety when my wife had a heart attack. I had never been so stressed, then during stenting , she went into VF and then shortly before a week of being home from hospital , she was re admitted with a further VF, So I was taken to a whole new level of fretting. I will PM you with a link to the stuff I use that has helped me through this very stressfull and anxious time.
Old 10-02-2012, 11:32 PM
Master
Seriously the best cure I ever found is walking in the sunshine on a nice day in nature. Exercise, fresh fruits and veggies can cure a multitude of ailments.
You need 15 minutes of sunshine on your skin a day so your body produces happiness chemical stuff it needs.

Ditch the preservatives and junk food.
Old 11-02-2012, 02:43 AM
Racer X

Chamomile, Lemon Balm, Tea
Valerian Root
GABA
Rhodiola Rosea Extract
St Johns Wort
Zinc
DHA
Cod Liver Oil

All will help to ease the symptoms of anxiety as well slowly rebuild the nerve damage it causes.

That is not enough though.......

Eat plenty of various vegetables , some raw, some juiced , some cooked. Pay attention to your digestion and remove foods which irritate it. Though some herbs/foods may initially irritate it as they bring about a re-balance of benificial bacteria. Some fruits..... berries

Walk Daily in the sun when possible~
-preferably in nature...... she calms the nerves~

Meditate..... many methods, choose one which fits you. Music Meditation, Guided Meditation, Silent Meditations, or Mindful meditations~

Pray!
Old 11-02-2012, 03:12 AM
Master
There's a healing method that works quite well for getting free of anxiety. This is EFT - Emotional Freedom Techniques.

You could check it out at http://EFTuniverse.com

Xan

Old 11-02-2012, 11:35 PM
Master

You're British I see, in which case you could try either Quiet Life or Kalms.
Both herbal sedative, no side effects, non-addictive.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 11-02-2012, 11:50 PM
Seeker

i have tried kalms from health shop and found them to be good also a relaxing bath with few drops of lavander oil to help calm .
Old 11-02-2012, 11:55 PM
Gracey

my doctor recently told me that if your vitamin d levels are down this could cause anxiety. so if they are, the natural remedy would be vitamin d
Old 12-02-2012, 04:26 AM
grim789

I used to get panic attacks often, i usually just take as many deep breathes and just try to relax and understand why it is im having the panic attack. Sometimes though it dont always work but does help. Good luck