Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Natural Remedies

Old 31-08-2012, 05:22 PM
Master
Size of quarters or larger is pretty typical for me. I've never had my cold sored checked. However, after cold sores, sinus infections, dental work, and a diagnosis of trigeminal neuralgia earlier this year, a physician assistant prescribed Valycyclovir for any future outbreaks. All the other physicians never even suggested it. It prevents the sores from spreading if taken within 24 hours of the outbreak. I've had so many outbreaks this year due to changes in weather and lack of sleep that I asked for a natural remedy. Who would've thought that ice would do the trick!

Yeah, about that social life. I don't go outdoors much during outbreaks if I can help it and now I don't have to worry. Actually, it's the least of my worries. I have facial eczema that is 1000 times worse than my cold sores. I use make-up to cover the plaques and it makes it worse. I'm seriously considering Haoma's cure thread method for Psoriasis. Eczema runs in my family. Mine is a light form. My kids have lighter forms than mine, usually triggered by foods with preservatives or additives in them. One of my uncles died from complications of taking too much prednisone. He had serious skin infections all his life.

Actually, I've had my cold sores checked out the first time I got them. I had no idea what is was. I was 17 and under alot of stress from starting college and being away from home. 2 giant painful red blistery spots, roughly 3x3" appeared under each side of my chin. The school clinic really embarassed me. The nurse got the entire staff to look at my spots since they've never seen anything like it. I felt like a side-show exhibit. She explained that because I had a history of chicken pox, I can get cold sores just about anywhere and anytime.