Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Taoism

Old 12-10-2011, 02:42 AM
Derpdidurp

insight

any insight on this?:

Therefore, a person might have the knowledge to run an office, to run a business in a small town, to cater to a famous person, or campaign to run for political office. At least, that's the opinion they have of themselves. Yet Song Rong Zi is still laughing at them. If the whole world praised him, he wouldn't think he made any headway. If the whole world opposed him, he wouldn't think he'd lost any ground. He was comfortable with accepting the difference between what was within him and how he was perceived from the outside. He'd gotten rid of the idea of arguing about the differences between honor and dishonor. He didn't evaluate his future life on those things. Even now, he still isn't seen as someone who really established anything.
Old 12-10-2011, 11:15 PM
Master
Japanese word for teacher means person who has been before.

Long before Song Rong Zi.

For you he did something that you have established.
Old 09-11-2011, 01:02 PM
elle_jay

hmm humbleness comes to mind.^^

And i agree^, how can you teach something if you have no idea what it is.

There can be people out there, with sound knowledge or great knowledge or blank knowledge, they just are..

Abused children can probably make the best school teachers and so forth, as long as you are humble. That is my take Derp.
Old 22-07-2013, 08:30 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derpdidurp
any insight on this?:

Therefore, a person might have the knowledge to run an office, to run a business in a small town, to cater to a famous person, or campaign to run for political office. At least, that's the opinion they have of themselves. Yet Song Rong Zi is still laughing at them. If the whole world praised him, he wouldn't think he made any headway. If the whole world opposed him, he wouldn't think he'd lost any ground. He was comfortable with accepting the difference between what was within him and how he was perceived from the outside. He'd gotten rid of the idea of arguing about the differences between honor and dishonor. He didn't evaluate his future life on those things. Even now, he still isn't seen as someone who really established anything.

This is very clear insight as-is.
It describes very eloquently the taoist state.
To know oneself completely, minute by minute, and pay no attention to the judgments of those who do not know the one they judge.
You'll see a lot of this in action on forums, where 'taoists' do nothing but judge others. While the one being judged, if versed in taoism, will be unaffected by this manifest lack of character.
Old 04-10-2013, 05:33 PM
TheAnarchist

Sacred Neutrality :) indifference to negative or positive polarizations. That kind of concept comes to mind. And I love it :) thanks for sharing that with us! I can relate to that little paragraph so well. I completely relate to the "If the whole world praised him, he wouldn't think he made any headway. If the whole world opposed him, he wouldn't think he'd lost any ground."

Hell yeah! I live in that place every day as much as I can, and I love it! No outside stress, no anxiety, no fear of rejection or fear of success. Just the present moment, and what "is".

Home.

Peace :) take it easy. cheers for sharing