Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 09-05-2011, 06:38 AM
Terry

For many years, I used to be afraid of death and afraid of people around me dying. That was before I started reading spiritual books. Now I have realised that there isn't really anything to be afraid of even if I still don't understand it yet. The only thing I fear now is the pain I may have to endure before I die whenever that will be.
Old 09-05-2011, 10:59 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
I forgot a psych game from the 70s.
Picture yourself alone in a white room, a cube
with no windows or doors.
How do you feel?
What are the 1st 3 words that describe your feeling.
Write them down - I'll be back.
"I'm all alone" then nothing, too terrified of total isolation to think anything else, just fear. (I don't like white boxes, the color makes me nervous. too long in doctors offices and psychologists' offices I guess)
Old 10-05-2011, 02:25 PM
Well, I might as well say because it looks like that's it for participants that how we ''feel'' in this white room is how we are supposed to feel about our death.
:)

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 10-05-2011, 11:31 PM
Knower
wouldn't bother me so much if it was something where I wasn't totally alone, or at least a different color. White is all consuming, and as stated above, I have an unnerving history with it.

I used to Fly.
Old 11-05-2011, 12:17 AM
unruhig

I am not scared of the afterlife, rather of the actual process of dying.
Peace
Old 11-05-2011, 01:10 AM
ivy71983

Im not really scared of the afterlife either but feel if one feels their life was lived in the dark instead of the light then there is reason for fear. As for the white room, i also have a fear of being alone but i understand thats because i havent fully accepted that im never really alone.
Old 11-05-2011, 01:29 AM
flutterangel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Well, I might as well say because it looks like that's it for participants that how we ''feel'' in this white room is how we are supposed to feel about our death.
:)
Good to know, because my words were peace, quiet and space. Thanks, that was interesting!!
Old 11-05-2011, 01:37 AM
Master
No, I am not. I have been there so many times and back again that it's just natural to me.
Old 11-05-2011, 02:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by unruhig
I am not scared of the afterlife, rather of the actual process of dying.
Peace
Ya know, I don't know if this helps, but it helped me many years ago when I finally "got" it.
That is to understand that what's going to happen or what has happened -
"just is "...and our worrying or fearing something doesn't do a darned thing to the situation EXCEPT make it worse.

Please, don't be scared of dying. If it is terrible and painful - oh well...fearing it for years won't change it, you know.
And if it is fast and sweet ---what alot of time just wasted...it's just dumb.

I finally "got it".
I "got" that worry and fear are like a rocking chair ---it's a lot of effort , but
it doesn't get you anywhere.
Miss Hepburn

It took me a long time.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 11-05-2011, 02:26 AM
surrendertotheflow

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentledove
Yes, this is amazing insight, imo, if only we could somehow beam it to others who are overwhelmed with angst. Perhaps that's why more and more people are sharing their NDE's. The Light wants people to know, in order to release their paralyzing fear and focus on what's important...which is of course creating, growing in awareness, living now, rather than obsessing on dying. Well, that's my story and I'm stickin' with it!

I couldn't agree more! I wish I could channel the light better so I could just send it to whoever needed it most at this particular moment. But I'm told and I believe that by working on yourself you are the most help to others