Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Channeling > Channeled Messages

Old 17-09-2012, 06:32 AM
Sangress

My Channeling attempts. Discussion welcome.

I've recently become interested in channeling or just relaying information from spirits who cant spread the word of their own accord. Figured I might be able to help someone with it or just might be something to do when I'm bored. (To be honest I really dont know why the urge has occurred, but logical explanations or guesses work well enough for me. Lol.)

Cant say I've put much thought into how to do it though...I could just invite anyone to wander in and start using me as a mouthpiece, or just focus on eavesdropping on thoughts in general or ask a specific question proposed by people on the forum and then see who answers....

I want to do this for the spirits more so than anyone else, so I suppose maybe it could be more of an 'interview' with spirits or just an opportunity to give them a voice?

So yeh, this will be my channeling thread....feel free to comment and share experiences or give me advice or whatever you'd like along the way considering this kind of thing is relatively unexplored for me at least.
Old 17-09-2012, 07:57 AM
Master

I have done this quite a few times now together with Vicky. As I did with you, some time back. Basically that makes me the sitter, since I don't bring any mediumship to the table myself. I might not be completely useless energetically though; it seems my presence makes the medium's connections with the spirits a little stronger.

I think I will separate my experiences in three groups. In the first group comes the many sessions with spirit guides. If I say I have spoken with 50 different guides I am not exaggerating. Mostly my task has been to make them come forward and build the connection between guide and charge, and I have asked the same questions many many times by now. In the successful guide hunts this have made the charge a channel for the duration of the conversation. It is my great sorrow that I am myself completely useless at communicating with my own guides with the methods I have successfully taught many others, and I am truly thankful to Vicky who helps me to speak with my guides quite often. Sangress, if you will help us hopeless cases with guide communication it will be a great help to both us living ones and our guides. I think however you should ask of the sitters that they spend a little time beforehand to actually plan what to ask for - VERY many of those I have helped, have seemingly had no questions of their own at least in that session. Being a channeler costs, in terms of energy and time, as you know well enough - I have seen you tapped out a few times by now, not to mention some headaches that showed up on Richter's Scale.

In the second group I will mention the sessions where I have been a sitter and have been speaking with a channeled spirit other than a guide - after calling for them in the first place. These events have been rather fewer than the guide ones, but there still have been a number of them. I do not as a rule call for those who are dead and whom I met in this life while alive, but it has happened. In most of these cases I have called on them - through the medium - in order to get help with something or to offer my help. It has been extremely rare that these spirits do NOT come when called, but then they have rarely been newly dead spirits who have passed over.

Third group contains the many and mostly both unplanned and unexpected sessions where I have found myself the sitter for a channeler whose gates have just opened without warning, and a number of near random spirits have burst through and desired attention - some times loudly. Usually the first spirit has been a powerful one who has simply forced down the channeler's gates in order to deliver a specific message to me or to the channeler. But after that others have come; ghosts needing help with something before they can cross over, or simply lonely spirits who are up for a little company, or even fairly nasty spirits who have expressed intent to take over the channeler's body and life. Some such breachings have lasted an hour and involved more than half a dozen spirits. As indicated it has not always been pleasant encounters. I understand some mediums experience attacks on their gates almost continously and it takes a lot of effort to remain in control. This is where it makes a big difference to have gatekeepers; these are usually guides but other spirits can be employed as well. I have also been in controlled 'open gate days' where random spirits have been allowed through one by one then dismissed, and the gate closed when the channeler has had enough.

A medium's gate, when it is open, creates a draft in the spirit world that spirits notice. Much in the way an energy worker's activities show up as a beacon in that same world. And I suspect the more powerful the medium, the more powerful the visiting spirits will be. Be they positive or negative. Knowing what kind of talents you have Sangress, I would be expecting deities - and hey, I think you have already met some :)
Old 17-09-2012, 09:01 AM
Sangress

Thanks for sharing WhiteWarrior, in a way its given me some kind of guidelines and understanding of what to expect.

I've never really channeled with the intent to channel before or seen anything like that occurring beyond possession or someone just channeling energy as opposed to a spirit.

I mean sure there was that time I thought I'd been shot in the head when a suicide victim stepped through me and made me relay some stuff to a relative, but I just thought he was being a manipulative ******* as opposed to channeling...so I dont think that counts anyway.

Personally, I've been talking to a particular spirit for a while now and conversing with him is very clear and easy while I'm still sitting in my skin, far more easily than lets say when I tried to decipher what this uh *doesn't say swear word* interesting individual standing on his own grave was trying to convey to me for about an hour a few months back.

I figure since I have some raw empathic skill that will allow direct channeling, then I'll probably only going to start off with spirits that I know I can actually communicate properly because I'm pretty sure it has to happen on both ends.

So yeh, I might channel for other people with some practice, but I think for now just picking up randoms and blabbing whatever will be interesting enough for me (likely with headaches included. lol.)

And you think I've already met some 'celebrity' deities? Just a hunch or you got some names up your sleeve? Heh.
Old 17-09-2012, 09:01 AM
Sangress

-_- I knew my internet would make this double post.....*sigh*
Old 17-09-2012, 09:37 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangress

And you think I've already met some 'celebrity' deities? Just a hunch or you got some names up your sleeve? Heh.

You mentioned Ba'al in a different thread.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baal_(demon)

Encountering deities or celebrity spirits isn't all that unique. So far I have met angels, arch angels, a native indian god, a babylonic demigod, Mother Earth, Marilyn Monroe and Jimi Hendrix. The latter two purely by chance. And I am not even a medium.
Old 17-09-2012, 12:29 PM
Master

I have been channeling using automatic writing for a year now, and it has changed my life. Now I know I can speak with the other side, it helps to know that they are guiding me and love me (even if I don't always follow where I'm being led, but I am getting better at trying!).

I just recently had a channeling by a spirit who told me he was going to be my gatekeeper. I will post it under the channeled messages section for you. I had only heard this term once, and didn't realize I needed one (oops).

I think it is extremely important to always ask for a Higher Guide when channeling. What I do is surround myself in a bubble of the White Light of the Holy Spirit (or whatever light works for you) and ask that this space is a sacred space, ask for a Higher guide, and that my guides help keep this space protected. That has always worked for me.

As for the headaches, it is a side effect, I am sure you know by now, of opening up. Your guides are making connections from their side and you are making connections on yours. Mine felt like subtle adjustments, and weird sensations, but I do remember a few headaches (but I attributed most of that to the weather - when the barometric pressure changes, sometimes that gives me a headache, so I was never sure).

I am so excited for you!! Have fun on your journey. A good read for this type of work is, "Opening to Channel" by Sanaya Roman. She channels a being of light, Orin, and she channeled this book, and Orin explains everything you would ever want to know about it.

Light.
Old 17-09-2012, 12:39 PM
Master

So, I just posted it the Gatekeeper channeling for you. I was quite surprised when he showed up ( :)
Old 18-09-2012, 12:19 AM
Sangress

Quote:
You mentioned Ba'al in a different thread.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baal_(demon)

Encountering deities or celebrity spirits isn't all that unique. So far I have met angels, arch angels, a native indian god, a babylonic demigod, Mother Earth, Marilyn Monroe and Jimi Hendrix. The latter two purely by chance. And I am not even a medium.

True, although I'm still not sure if its the 'ba'al' which really is a form of addressing someone as 'lord' or *the* ba'al.

He doesn't seem all that evil to me...then again its me...so uh...hmm.

I suppose if your going to be around you'll run into some famous individuals, like being in Hollywood...only spirit style.

Nameless, thanks for the info and encouragement. I'll look into your post asap.
Old 18-09-2012, 02:13 AM
Henri77

Other than verbal-mental channeling.... i've occasionally wondered about having a 2 way conversation with a "celeb" while writng...

For example an "interview" with someone you really admire-love who's no longer on earth.... (for me....perhaps:
composer Eric Satie
Plato
Mother Mary
a past "me" perhaps
(assuming they were available to chat)

Would a conversation be easier than a dictated-channeled topic?
Especially with a spirit one hasn't visited with extensively.

everyone(supposedly) channels Jesus, Metatron, Archangel Michael .... so perhaps someone we don't hear a lot from would be inclined to offer an interview.

I'm a slow typist so this might be difficult, but I oughta try it.
As a sometime fiction writer I channel lots of stuff, including higher self, but haven't ever tried this.

Or maybe a voice recorder is a good idea as well ? If I can get over hearing my voice.
Does this work for folks here who don't trance??
Old 18-09-2012, 03:05 AM
Henri77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangress

then I'll probably only going to start off with spirits that I know I can actually communicate properly because I'm pretty sure it has to happen on both ends.

I'd say if you feel a strong affinity for someone ,this greatly increases the liklihood of success.... even if you've not communicated....this affinity likely suggests a soul connection IMO

I dreamt of Lori Anderson & Shirley MacClain, as I'd long felt a significant love for them ,on a soul level.... we likely are connected in some manner. Course both are in the body .... so I'd likely not attempt channeling... though this too is a possibility,, for their subconscious to communicate...especially while asleep.