Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Aromatherapy

Old 12-06-2014, 01:11 AM
Knower
Which are Good Scents for Reducing Stress?

I've never used any type of aromatherapy. However, some odors have strong memories attached to them. I always like being transported back to a different time in my life. As long as, it was something pleasant. Usually it is. Would those scents be good to use, as, they lift my spirits (even for just a little while) or would it be better to use something that would produce a longer lasting effect? I realize results may vary. Isn't lavender meant for calming? I do like that. Thanks for the suggestions.
Old 17-06-2014, 08:38 AM
swisscub

Very similar to some of the tea sorts and bath oils famous for calming down and relieving stress you might know, the aromatherapy also suggests:

Chamomile, Rose, Frankincense, Lavender and Vanilla to be used for this effect.

I personally love the mix between Vanilla and Lavender. Especially for milkbaths.
Old 28-06-2014, 07:38 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by swisscub
I personally love the mix between Vanilla and Lavender. Especially for milkbaths.

That sounds awesome, Im going to try that.
Old 17-06-2014, 11:56 AM
elisi

someone once told me lavender.
Old 28-06-2014, 07:30 AM
Master

There is nothing wrong with using scents that only boost you for a little while if you really like them. Just use whatever makes you feel good and seems to work for you.

Yes lavender is calming.

One I really like is rose germanium. Peppermint is also another one of my favorites (peppermint is balancing).

You should be able to find lots of info on aromatherapy online.

What kind of stress are you wanting an oil for if you dont mind me asking? (different ones are better for certain kinds of stress then others). If just worry you could try lavender, rosewood, frankincense (or even make these into a combination by adding a couple of drops each.. go easier on the frankincense thou if you are doing a blend).

If its nervousness.. lavender, bergamot, neroli can make a good blend.

Lavender is good for lack of courage, conflict, impatience, insecurity, insomnia, nervousness, nightmares, shock and worry.
Old 14-07-2014, 02:24 AM
Natasharabbit

Lavender is my favorite, very calming :)
Old 14-07-2014, 06:19 AM
Experiencer
For relaxing, I enjoy lighting different incenses. (As in, one day I want to relax, I might use one, and another different day, I'll use another different incense.)

I enjoy using, lavender, rose, frankincense, dragon's blood, and sandalwood.
Old 04-08-2014, 10:30 PM
Experiencer

Lavender and Rose are good relaxing oils. Ylang Ylang is lovely too, but it's quite heady and can be overpowering (use sparingly!), it works well with orange or mandarin. I find Rosemary particularly soothing so I tend to use it quite a lot, it has a familiar and comforting smell that always makes me feel better! Try to pick out oils that you like and feel drawn towards, it's easier to do this if you have access to a good aromatherapy shop though :)
Old 22-03-2015, 02:04 PM
solfuel

I would say mint or eucalyptus ... lavender also
Old 01-04-2015, 11:25 PM
Guide

nag champa is my favorite incense because it has such calming and meditative qualities