Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 24-04-2019, 07:41 PM
Knower
i was just wondering, let's say you opened your 3rd eye from practice at meditation, does this instantly change everything, you with all this inner creativity, higher conciseness.
i guess it's a gradual process but i feel like the body would react to it like completing the puzzle sort of reaction, ive seen people say any worries, anxiety, illnesses would just vanish as if opening up spiritually is the real cure.
i still wonder why the church gets a bit funny here with the dabbling, it's this feeling i get like they dont want you to know something, for year's i kind of believed it and how it was safety to not get involved but i get tinglingly sensation just thinking about this lol it's like im excited to be trying to escape the fear based tactics that have had that mental block hold on me for years yeah.
Old 25-04-2019, 12:57 PM
ImthatIm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonglow
A good reminder as well for me.

Not Native American, but don't think one has to be to be in touch with the Earth and Spirit. Just wiggle the feet in the grass, sit with a tree, look at another and there it is.

The Elders have wisdom that perhaps as a society we also forget and do not honor.

When the stories get lost, so do the people in a way.

I like how you kept it simple.
It can be a simple moment of that connected-ness that changes our being-ness.
Old 07-05-2019, 09:21 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by explorer007
i was thinking about this earlier, you know where many spend hours researching about different beliefs and exploring anything paranormal and then you have the active mediums and psychics that do daily readings and all that.
my question is are we spending too much time focusing on the other side? its said we are a spiritual being having an earthly experience, so it's like we should try balance it out abit, like the best of both worlds if you like.
notice how mediums will feel drained if try to do too much readings or answering questions, it's like you need time out.

Hi Explorer007,

Great question!

What I have learned through my own experiences and meditations is that this plane of reality is about limitations within the premise of free will. Free will is boundless; our bodies/minds have limits.

We each chose to test those limits with the operant notion that our free will reigns. Let me explain:

Basic example: Gravity is a limitation within this plane. Our bodies are forced to comply, thus we as humans cannot fly like a bird. However, our minds have imagination. We can create now virtual realities that allow us to feel the sensation/perspective of flying. Our minds, with the assistance of our bodies (computer programming on a keyboard) have achieved what was previously denied as an experience.

Many people have phobias. Most sages agree that in order to reach our full potential, we must overcome physical, emotional, and mental phobias. The lesson of the phobia: to overcome the limitations of the mind and body (phobias which may have origins in this life or past lives). Affirmations/Law of Attraction is just a tool to help us begin to understand our power/powerlessness in this plane of reality. Energy expended for anything (such as mediumship) is energy in reserve, yet we must learn how to restore and balance that energy.

Knowing that our souls survive by exploring spiritual concepts (mediumship, psychic phenomena, meditation, astral travel, etc.) is meant to help us overcome the limitations of the mind and body. To understand that Death does not mean death of the soul is considered an Awakening because when you take Death off the table as the end of oneself, this means that there is more to this Banquet of Life than just living day to day. Hence, the Sojourner begins the real journey about asking/learning ‘Why are we here?’

Free will is important to begin this journey because it is our choice to decide if and when we will step on that path. Hope this helps!

Hope is praying for rain; Faith is bringing an umbrella