Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Paganism

Old 11-02-2019, 09:42 AM
Newbie ;)

A sigh of relief

At last hunting season comes to an end where I live in southern France. I always find these winter months unsettling as the boar is what is hunted predominantly and also is my first spirit brother. My issue is of course hunting for pleasure rather than need is abhorrent.but now spring approaches and I breathe a little easier in the knowledge that peace returns to the forest and hills. I ask to find out if anyone else's spirit brothers and sisters are also suffer this needless activity, close to where you live? And how it affects you and your journey?
Old 25-02-2019, 02:24 AM
Master
Hello

I don't have a problem with hunters as it's necessary where I live. There are very few natural predators plus hunters do need the meat which I won't deny them. In fall, we allowed two hunter friends to come and hunt deer. One hunter was able to get meat and the other one didn't. The hunting season lasts for one month. If the deer population gets too large then they die either from starvation or disease. When the hunting season is over, deer come to my place and eat the horses' hay plus the fruit trees. Deer seem to know when it's hunting season as they're hard to find during that month.

If we had boar in the area, then they too can be hunted because they aren't native here and upset the ecosystem.

My path is based in nature and hunting has no affect on it.

"But ask now the beasts, and they shall teach thee; and the fowls of the air, and they shall tell thee:

Or speak to the earth, and it shall teach thee: and the fishes of the sea shall declare unto thee."
Job 12: 7 and 8 (KJV)
Old 25-02-2019, 02:52 PM
Pathfinder
I'm not a big fan of the types of people who will kill an animal and not use it, but it seems more humane to me to give what you can assume is a happy, healthy animal who has lived a good life a quick death in his natural home than to pay someone to raise an animal in conditions that would make me WANT to die if I had to live in, then be killed by someone who may not care if he suffers just so someone can have pork chops for dinner never remembering that the animal was a living creature. Please understand I'm not saying anything bad toward you mundbora, I'm saying that it's better to have ethical hunters than factory farms who don't care about their animals.
Old 25-02-2019, 08:52 PM
Newbie ;)

With respect ,When hunting is a want rather than a need, there is nothing ethical about it as far as I am concerned. Also if you live in a society that requires people to hunt to survive! Then that society can hardly call itself evolved first world.