Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 30-04-2018, 10:13 PM
Experiencer

Wow! What an informative post. I never thought corn could be in so many things in so many different forms. Thank you for sharing your research with us.

I didn't read the entire thread, but I wanted to ask if you looked into Roundup (glyphosate) as well? Non-organic corn is heavily treated with it. And if corn is in so much of everything, just imagine how much glyphosate is being consumed as well.
Old 01-05-2018, 02:05 PM
Master

Round up is in hundreds of class action lawsuits because they failed (though they knew) it causes cancers.

The only way you can get away from Roundup in the grocery store is to buy organic. That guarantees no chemicals were used to raise the crop.

It'd be boring to read the whole thread unless you had a personal interest in the information. This has been my documented struggle to be healthy.

You make a good point about the treated corn (roundup ingredients) also being in everything. Hmmm, and tell me again why cancers are on the rise?

What I've seen, heard and experienced is that the normal American doesn't want to hear about it. They like their diet just fine. If I tell them their foods (I am specific when I talk to them about exactly what foods) are killing them, they get that "blank stare", are silent for a few heartbeats, and then change the subject. So there you have it.

Thank you for visiting Torgo.
Old 01-05-2018, 06:10 PM
Master

Note on the above recipe: Fleischmann's Bread Machine yeast: This may contain corn so you may have to use an alternate. Do your research. I do not have a problem with this but my allergy is not severe.

Furthermore, if you have a gluten or corn allergy or intollerance, make sure you do your own research on ingredients. Your reactions may be different from mine.
Old 01-11-2018, 03:24 PM
Master

I've become so sensitive to gluten and corn that my cats cannot have regular kibble that contains grain. After eating they lick their fur to clean themselves thus spreading their gluten all over their bodies. They they lay around the house. Once I touch that spot I get sick.
Old 01-11-2018, 10:13 PM
Master
That sounds very hard to deal with, Linen. Even the cats spread it, wow. Very unfortunate allergy.. wishing you the best!
Incidentally, corn has been produced and eaten for many millenia. Surely it must be okay at some level, since people began to cultivate it. Or is it uniquely ‘good’ for natives like dairy is for Indo/Europeans? Is it a food that has just been tempered a lot with..? I had read a lot of bad things about syrup and fructose.
Old 01-11-2018, 11:26 PM
Master

Well for one it has been tampered with. And secondly it's literally in everything. Your toothpaste, mouthwash, all American made medications use corn starch as a binding agent (I have to have all my meds compounded), cleaning products, makeup, all sodas and beverages, in all processed foods and all ground coffees (yup, they are adding corn to your coffee). It's even in a can of tomatoes. They gas fruits and vegetables with a compound (that contains corn) to keep them from ripening to quickly, even the organic fruits and vegetables. Fortunately, I'm not sensitive to react to the gas but I know of people who can only eat fresh fruit and vegetables if they grow it themselves, which limits them to summertime only.

The list literally never ends. So Americans are being over-exposed to it. More corn allergies are popping up the more we are exposed to it. And since corn is not on the top list of allergies (thanks to the mega corn industry) it doesn't have to be listed on labels if it is in a chemical (made from corn, like vitamin C and citric acid) that is added to the package or can.

Ok, once again I will get off my soap box.
Old 22-01-2019, 04:12 PM
Master

I'm wondering if the new celiac vaccine Nexvax 2 (that is currently in clinical trials) will have an effect on my corn intolerance as well and my gluten intolerance. I sure hope so.
Old 27-01-2019, 02:29 PM
Master
this is an interesting and informative thread, which of course I wonder more about..

how much of the allergy do you think has to do with just corn in general, and how much of it is specifically because of gmo and roundup, etc.?

because I personally don't think corn is that healthy of a food choice, but being the glutton that I currently am I still sometimes eat it in tortillas and chip form (which my fiance keeps as a staple of the house lol ugh) or fresh if I can get it but we always get organic tortilla chips. anyways, I think that eating it in foods like that is better than consuming foods that have it hidden in all the sneaky icky ways you detail about. I try to not eat things that have citric acid for instance, for more reasons than just the corn factor. afterall it's usually them making it from black mold, be it on a medium of corn or another food.. and in my opinion almost any product that contains one of those corn-derived ingredients is bound to be unhealthy in other ways. So I think it is a blessing in disguise that you've been forced to be so scrutinizing.

As for eating corn in whole or processed form such as with tortillas, it's just not an ideal food for the body, but there are products like sprouted corn tortillas which are much better. I guess that I just really want to know more about your allergy and aversion to corn, since most of the sketchy ingredients and products you mention are likely containing the gmo or conventional form and not organic..

Some of the things you mentioned are surprising even to a person who is well aware of most of the trickery and b s that goes on in the mainstream consumption game. Like I knew that a lot of foods were fumigated or gassed, but I didn't know that corn was one of the ways they create such gas! I can't really be surprised, but still, wow. I guess that in many ways corn is replacing petroleum products, which really goes to show you how versatile nature is and you may be aware of how useful more positive alternatives like hemp are for a variety of things, so we have to question why they choose to use what they do and how they do it.. but I wonder why you realize the truth about all these other terrible things yet still think that prescription drugs are not evil..?
anyways...
I know they use waxes on some organic produce so I suppose some of it being gassed isn't shocking but I don't know.. from what I understood, it is sort of a mandate (in the U.S.) that non-organic spices and garlic and almonds for instance are either fumigated, irradiated, or pasteurized with steam or something, but that only the latter is used for organic almonds, so what kind of gassing can they get away with doing to organic produce? I guess they can get away with almost anything so perhaps it's not worth asking.. It is ideal for us to grow our own food but at least most organic options at the store are better than their 'conventional' counterparts and there are some safeguards reasonably guaranteed
Old 27-01-2019, 04:40 PM
Master

From what I was told on a Corn allergy forum with those more knowledgeable than I am is that organic foods can be gassed as well. They gas the produce so it will ripen at the time it gets to the store, from what I was told.

Well, going back a ways, I will say I have celiac disease which for me, includes corn (I also have a gluten free thread here on SF). In other words my t cells attack my small intestines and destroy it if I eat gluten or corn. It's a serious disease. It can kill me if I get to much in my system at any given time. None of my intolerances has to do with gmo or roundup. Though I am familiar to both of them and the damage they do.

Most celiacs (90%) are born with a particular set of genes that can make them susceptible to celiac. Doesn't mean they will get it but they have a more likely chance. Then there are those in my group (10%) who can get celiac from a compromised immune system. I had a very bad illness that lasted 6 months back in 2012 and a year later I developed celiac disease. Others develop celiac during or after a pregnancy. Anything that can compromise your immune system can make you susceptible.

Here's an article you might find interesting. This author has it spot on.

https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2019/01/what-its-like-be-allergic-corn/580594/?utm_source=pocket&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=p ockethits

Corn is cheap. That's why they are using it.

According to a member of the before mentioned corn forum I used to attend, one lady there who had had a severe corn allergy since birth said when she was a little girl corn was on the top allergy list, but the big conglomerate corn industry had it removed years later. Since it is not on the top allergy list manufacturer's don't have to list it. Did you know all ground coffee has corn in it as a filler. Says 100% Colombian (or whatever they use) coffee. Yes, of the coffee that is in it it is 100% that kind.

There are alternative tortilla chips available. Look into Siete and Beanito. Siete (Spanish for 7) also makes a soft tortilla for wraps, enchiladas, etc. Yes, they are expensive but I've tried making my own soft tortillas and I can tell you though they turned out delicious, the mess was indescribable. I'll pay the price for my tortillas to come in neat plastic packages, thank you.

Yes, citric acid, ascorbic acid and lactic acid all have corn in them.

You can find a comprehensive list of ingredients that have corn on them at:https://www.glutenfreesociety.org/hi...d-ingredients/

Yes, it has been a blessing in disguise to have a gluten and corn allergy. I have learned so much. That a lot of cancers, Alzheimer's, MS, Parkinson's disease, etc can be caused by gluten. And how is eating corn in every thing, literally, that you buy from the store good for you?

Science is testing a new vaccine for celiac right now on humans. Yes, I will get the vaccine eventually when it is available and the price has come down. Not because i want to eat bad foods again, I will always be on a gluten and corn free diet, but I'd just like to cut down on the cross-contamination that I get occasionally. I have ducks, dogs and cats that need attention. And though I wash my hands 50 times a day, it still happens occasionally.

Sprouted legumes are the best. I don't follow that practice but I know it is best.

It's simple. I have high blood pressure. Really high blood pressure. Without any medication my blood pressure is around 160 to 180/115 to 120. I either take the medications and pollute my body or I die of a heart attack or stroke. Either alternative is less than ideal. As it is, my kidneys were not doing well on large amounts of medications (my meds are all compounded) and I had to go off of most of them.

Waiting to get back to see my doctor first of next month. I need two surgeries at this moment and can't have either until blood pressure is under control. Not sure how that is going to happen if I can't take the meds. Hopefully my doc can find some new med that I haven't tried that will work on this next go-around. Shish!

I hope I answered your questions. Let me know if I missed something.
Old 28-01-2019, 11:30 AM
Master
lol I bought a tortilla press a while back and yeah it is unfortunately not usually worth the investment of effort and time to craft your own.. since we are on the subject of corn-free though I did make some wraps with chickpea flour to make some middle eastern hot pocket type dish. We use chickpea flour here along with corn masa, so I could just make things with the chickpea if I wanted to. but really while it would be healthier I still don't think flours are healthy in general anyway. I like almond flour too and would use that more but my fiance is extra particular about what he eats. I mean I am too, but in different ways and some of his is silly i.e. he thinks eating corn tortilla chips almost every day doesn't hurt him (or the fried 'bread' batter I make with corn and chickpea flour like I did today) but stopped eating avocados and doesn't eat any fruit besides the common vegetable ones like tomatoes and cucumbers of course.

anyways sorry for going on about him/that I guess I was just sharing that I am familiar with different kinds of picky eating, and I myself stay away from quite a lot of things. he also eats fish but anyway I digress.. as I told you in a different thread last year when he mistakenly ate something with wheat last time his face and eyes got all red and swollen terribly so he's definitely serious about the "gluten allergy" as far as that's concerned. one day I hope he sees that tasty as it is corn is not ultimately worth eating either.. but we're a bit away from that ideal goal.

I think that becoming more aware and armed with information is one of the best ways to inspire change so I appreciate increasing my knowledge about corn. there are some interesting awesome facts you have shared. though some of it I was aware of already or for instance most of the ingredients on the corn-contaminant list you share are things I naturally avoid because they are just sketchy ingredients that shouldn't be in food to begin with anyway. if it doesn't make sense I try not to eat it, but of course I don't act entirely according to my desired standards all the time at my current point in life.

ah Siete makes some nice products I think, I'm pretty sure I had their almond cassava wraps or something.. expensive but delectable and worth it if you want to eat a sandwich wrap you'd have to pay a ton more for if you were able to eat one from a restaurant anyway. Bearito I think we get some snacks from them but before this relationship I was more strict with my ethics of eating and wouldn't buy their products because they are belonging to "Hain Celestial" group which is just a giant growing conglomerate of 'natural & organic" brands that is owned or invested in by big evil companies of the mainstream.. and it seems they are just eating up all the once respectable brands so the new ownership in such situations usually calls for lower standards and corner-cutting etc.. You can imagine that avoiding all the companies within Hain Celestial also contributed to limiting my available product market, so again I am well familiar with being careful what I select at a store. There is just unnecessary or detrimental b s added to almost everything so actually it makes it kind of easy when there are fewer things to choose from lol. Sooner than later I need to just eat from things that grew from the Earth and haven't been tampered with.. but yes as you've said we have to be wary of how they prepare those too.

Thankfully my fiance's mom grew a pretty awesome garden last year and hopefully with our help she will do it again with more produce than just the tomatoes, peppers, okra, spaghetti squash and watermelon that was mainly grown last year. It was so amazing to be stocked with some of that stuff, especially the tomatoes that just kept coming! now I mean tomatoes can be problematic being a nightshade but whatever, for now they are healthier than a lot else and worthwhile to eat. and they listened to us and didn't use pesticides or anything, just diatomaceous earth. If I can get us to grow berries or some other fruit successfully omg I would be in infinite heaven...

Yes you're right there is no need for corn to be in all those things at the store! including personal and household care products as you're aware.. same with soy *sigh*
well why do you need to feed it to your pets? that is cool you have those including ducks to take care of though hehe.. what you said about the cat hair struck something with me but I won't get into that.. I just have a weird thing with not wanting pet fur anywhere near me or my stuff started in the last couple years.. for me there are other things I think about though like the fact the cat is eating other dead animals and stuff like that. most pet food is very unhealthy, especially dry pet food which was only popularized because of shortages during the war and then people just never got back to regularly feeding their pets wet or more real food.. the dry food causes a lot of issues and I am sure corn and soy content does for them too as hey're just not really healthful foods.

I am sorry but to think that you only have the option of poisoning with mainstream medication or death is really thoughtless thinking. I am grateful that you went off of most of the medications already though. awww maybe you don't need surgeries. As you might be well aware by now I am an advocate for natural healing and herbal remedies, and fruit you also may have seen lol.. but even just one adoption or adaptation in such regards could make a world of difference. I happen to have this tab open which I made a thread to share earlier and I didn't close it yet so I think maybe it was meant for me to give you the link here too. I did the little keyword search and see blood pressure mentioned about a dozen times, so there are testimonials here of people with serious blood pressure issues and how they were able to heal them
https://www.grapegate.com/testimonials/

I mean even taking one herb or something instead of prescriptions could help solve your problem enough.. but don't go getting surgeries once you do get that blood pressure lowered with them I am not saying that the surgeries you're considering are automatically unneeded, but there is a reasonable chance they are, and wouldn't that make your life a lot easier to avoid all that? I don't want anyone to suffer, and you can heal your body even with all the other sensitivities going on. I consider myself lucky too to have been a victim of a variety of issues and predicaments in life arriving me to the healing path I am now.. only I need to stop walking alongside it so much I guess and march more to the beat I keep drumming myself. then I can be one of the testimonials on the link I am sharing.. I think I may write a sort of detailed 'before story' to prepare and inspire myself to embark on my more intense necessary healing journey. I feel so strongly about getting there and doing it but I know it's not easy for anyone to overcome their stubborn and stingy misguided will initially. so I guess it's good to keep that in mind, and reading others' stories helps remind us that we are all just humans here with similar issues and capabilities and hope and healing on the horizon