Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Tai Chi & Chi Gong

Old 04-01-2016, 08:33 PM
Pathfinder
Relaxation / chi sensation

Found that it is much more difficult for me to feel the chi above my shoulders during practice. There is some pain in my upper back and shoulders so I assume it's a physical issue preventing proper chi flow and sensation in the hands once they are elevated above a certain level. Any recommendations for self correction?
Old 04-01-2016, 09:53 PM
Master
Sure pain equal blockage
Microcosmic orbit might help

(I meant to say: practicing the microcosmic orbit)
Old 04-01-2016, 10:05 PM
Pathfinder
Yes It's absolutely one of my practices. I use it during certain qigong sets and enjoy it as a practice. The orbit works best with a strong positive emotion, it'll literally rip it up and down the body. Very pleasant.
Old 05-01-2016, 03:33 AM
Master
Are you sure you collect all energies when you finish in the Dan tien, and there are no energies hanging around in the body?
Micro or macro cosmic orbits are the most basic but great warm up for Daoist Yoga. No matter what level we practice in, collecting the energies at the end is paramount.
Old 06-01-2016, 04:57 PM
Pathfinder
As far as energy/chi sensation I always notice the "big" stuff but my closing practice is fundamentally basic because I just rub the skin down and then do the circular skin rubbing motions over the dan tien(both directions).

The last time I felt energetic sensation in the dan tien was during a chi running session.
Old 06-01-2016, 10:41 PM
Master
As a start, I don't know exactly where you are at with your practices, and how open and developed your energy centers are.
My preferred position was the horse stand with both arms in a circle in front, not touching, with the thumbs slightly tilted outward, so you end up with palms facing you and the pointers just below your eye line.
The most important part is your spine, it needs to be one strait line, with the buttocks slightly tucked in and the chin pulled in a little, so you stretch the neck a little. The tongue to the roof of cause.
Attention to the dan tien, once you feel the energy there move to the energy center below, once you feel the energy there go to the energy center between your legs, then up the spine to the top of your head and back down to the dan tien. As you know, the mind moves energy follows.

Make sure your neck is stretched a little, not to much and in line with the rest of the spine.
Old 06-01-2016, 10:50 PM
Master
rubbing skin might be helpful at the start to visualize the rotations, once you move forward with your practice, you might just place your hands on the dan tien left on top of the right, visualize the rotations. Later you might just bring the energy to the dan tien squeeze the energy into a ball and pull it in.
Old 06-01-2016, 11:55 PM
Master
I think im having these orbit sensations ,very comforting I liken them to the holy spirit,The energy just seems to go where it wants ,right now its sitting in heart chakra, but last night how ever i was thinking being and connecting with Jesus and dantien then bang a girding underneath both sides of my base and a fuuilfillment all up right side ,I think that could be my problem that I dont draw it back in somehow RAH NAM what would you suggest ,as i feel the energy has it own agenda in a way going where it needs too but how can I then contain it ,just feeling its finishing up maybe and visualising it into my dantien ,the only thing is I might just get rolling again and set off another energy wave and I need to sleep,last night i went off in heart chakra and created from heart full on in my dream, it was a little tiring ,do you think third eye is good to finish in for sleep though ,not really its too heady ,so im asking questions and giving answers sorry ,any help be very appreciated Deepsoul.....
Old 12-01-2016, 10:06 PM
Master
I think I got it sorted ,just have to remember to return it to dan-tien my husband has at it for twenty years yang style WTBA and that's what he says ,only thing is I got spirit stuff going on and I'm working with all energy in all centers and so the adventure continues...
Old 12-01-2016, 11:26 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepsoul
I think im having these orbit sensations ,very comforting I liken them to the holy spirit,The energy just seems to go where it wants ,right now its sitting in heart chakra, but last night how ever i was thinking being and connecting with Jesus and dantien then bang a girding underneath both sides of my base and a fuuilfillment all up right side ,I think that could be my problem that I dont draw it back in somehow RAH NAM what would you suggest ,as i feel the energy has it own agenda in a way going where it needs too but how can I then contain it ,just feeling its finishing up maybe and visualising it into my dantien ,the only thing is I might just get rolling again and set off another energy wave and I need to sleep,last night i went off in heart chakra and created from heart full on in my dream, it was a little tiring ,do you think third eye is good to finish in for sleep though ,not really its too heady ,so im asking questions and giving answers sorry ,any help be very appreciated Deepsoul.....

Sorry, didn't see your post there.
There is a difference between energies we pull in from the earth and the cosmos, (earth cool, cosmos or stars hot) and bring them into the body, or energies that come from the higher self or some other being we trust.
Energies we pull in and don't maintain correctly can do some damage in the body.
Energies from your higher or divine self or I have a being overseeing my life here, those energies I don't manipulate. I trust they know what they are doing.