Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 18-10-2015, 01:35 PM
Newbie ;)

What gives you faith in Afterlife?

Dear all,

Seems I am looking for perspectives on the afterlife and what build your faith into a soul surviving our physical death.

I currently read fascinating threads and books like destiny of souls (Newton) and it sounds like a brilliant way for the soul to continue after death. Almost like death is not final-end of the road but more like a door that lets your soul roam free to it`s full self and be free once again from physical constraints on this world.

However there is much based on faith for me personally, since have no clear black-white proof. Many skeptics, some friends just don`t believe in such thing. I find it very sad to think that all relations, love and experiences we do here don`t matter in the long run.

You get where I am going here with this thread. Can you describe what gives you faith in the afterlife ?
Old 18-10-2015, 01:58 PM
Gee, I don't have faith in the Afterlife, per se.
What I mean is, I don't have faith in the Sun coming up.
I just take it for granted and know it will.

That being said, one reason would be my sudden (and shocking)
'visions' given me (like as I'm washing dishes!) of a scene from a past life...once
even a scene/moment from the in between time before coming here.
Well, there's more...my buddy, my uncle comes to check in with me
sometimes
and once infused me with insight as to an emotional thing I was going through and
just couldn't get a handle on. I was driving on an empty road and
you should have seen my mouth drop when 'I got it'!
(When he's there the entire area fills with ocean/seagull smells...
the beach was our thing...and I say hi and speak to him all teary missing him.)

I just take it for granted...it simply 'is'.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 18-10-2015, 02:06 PM
Kensei,
First, wow, just 2 months ago you lost your girlfriend?
My deepest sympathy.

Oh yes, you will see her again.

She has many exciting things around her on the Other Side...
she knows you are fine and is like being on vacation that you
couldn't get away for...having a great time.
But, gets caught up and forgets to write a postcard or call.
Be thrilled for her new adventure.

Why are you still here? for your enjoyment and to learn and grow
in 'this' dimension...apparently it suits you for now; it is perfect.
We have so many things to tie up sometimes here with others and internally.

Take care

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 18-10-2015, 02:34 PM
Experiencer
Micheal Newton's books are awesome. There is so much phenomena that points to afterlife but mostly my faith in this comes from "knowing it". :)
Old 18-10-2015, 08:08 PM
Suspended

The way to obtain proof of the afterlife for yourself is to learn to communicate with the dead. This idea should not be approached with any fear, I recommend reading How To Talk With The Dead by Alan Valiant which lays out important advice and guidelines.
Old 18-10-2015, 08:57 PM
Administrator
My faith in the afterlife or Spirit World are my own experiences I was born seeing and hearing spirit.so its second nature to me,at the time I thought everyone could do what I did.
It was when I started telling people things the names started being called I think ive been called every name under the sun.it doesn't bother me I saw my guide when I was young he stood before me and told me his name and that he would always be there, I have given many validations there there is a better world waiting for us.

Namaste
Old 18-10-2015, 10:59 PM
Master
I always had a problem with the term afterlife. It seams to suggest, we have a life now and something very similar after and there was nothing before.
We always have existed in one form or an other have chosen to have a physical life or several or many, and we will exist afterwards.
There are no similarities between what this life is about and what we had before and will have afterwards. Sure, we can choose to hang on to what we are used to from this life and create something that has the appearance of this life. Further, a life has a start and an end, like everything in 3D, our existence has no start and no end.
How do I know that? I know
We all know, some just forgot.
Old 18-10-2015, 11:19 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah nam

There are no similarities between what this life is about and what we had before and will have afterwards. Sure, we can choose to hang on to what we are used to from this life and create something that has the appearance of this life. Further, a life has a start and an end, like everything in 3D, our existence has no start and no end.
How do I know that? I know
We all know, some just forgot.

After reading this I'm left with this; How does a spirit/soul forget anything unless by choice or will? Hmm
Old 19-10-2015, 01:15 AM
Super Moderator
Only personal 'knowing' makes me aware of the afterlife. I don't need 'faith'.
I was lucky to have had certain indisputable experiences. And if it could have happened to me -a very sceptical person -it can happen to anybody.

Times when the ego is laid aside -for whatever reason -will give an opportunity for the wider, multi-dimensional Self to see (or even briefly glimpse) what is really going on. And the circle of Existence.
Old 19-10-2015, 03:16 AM
Deactivated Account
I was really intrigued by the Near-Death Experience literature and that spurned a lot of questions and contemplation within me... This was mid-2000's... I recommend exploring it.