Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 21-07-2015, 05:25 PM
Knower

The word is "Pagan".

If you're a Jew, you can't take (proper) part in Christian worship, because you can't recite the creed. If you're a Christian, you can't worship in a mosque because you can't recite the profession of faith. Every "invented" religion starts with a creed you have to sign up to and they're all contradictory.

But as a Hellenic Pagan, I could join in worship of Ganesha, Thor, Xi Wangmu, or Quetzalcoatl (but he's not having any of my blood!)
Old 21-07-2015, 09:59 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMcCann
The word is "Pagan".

If you're a Jew, you can't take (proper) part in Christian worship, because you can't recite the creed. If you're a Christian, you can't worship in a mosque because you can't recite the profession of faith. Every "invented" religion starts with a creed you have to sign up to and they're all contradictory.

But as a Hellenic Pagan, I could join in worship of Ganesha, Thor, Xi Wangmu, or Quetzalcoatl (but he's not having any of my blood!)
But also as a pagan you cannot go to a church or mosque and telling them about your belief.
Especially about Ganesha and Quetzalcoat. lol.

Religious people are not so openminded when it comes to other religions and belief systems.
Old 22-07-2015, 12:48 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Wise.

Yes and being intelligent to ask questions from all religions, instead of clinging to one.
Old 22-07-2015, 01:38 AM
Knower
Thanks for all the responses. Though I don't like labels, per se, it is nice to discover terms which describe what I've always known myself to be. None of the things offered feel right. So, I'll just continue my search & journey. I guess, as with everything else, I'm just me.
Old 25-07-2015, 11:32 PM
I Omnist

It runs a parallel with Omnism, though Omnism is more a respect towards all religions and a belief/philosophy that all gods and all religions are degrees of the truth, but not stand-alone truths.
Old 26-07-2015, 07:51 PM
JackofSpades

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyButterfly
I searched for the word that would describe being interested in more than one religion, possibly even following more than one...... The only thing I found, so far, is omnism: the recognition & respect of all religions. Does anyone know the term for how I approach faith? Thanks.

"Religious eclectic" might be close one.

Eclecticism means picking and choosing (or at least, being open to do so) elements everywhere in order to create your own way. Eclecticism doesn't reject existing religions as bad thing, but rejects the idea of submitting to them. Traditions are used as sources of inspiration and learning, rather than as an authority which one submits to follow without questioning.

Eclecticism can also exist within context of certain religion, like "eclectic wiccan" or "eclectic Christian". Then sources for picking and choosing are limited within that particular religions traditions. In Christian context, the word "eclectic" is hardly used, but many Christians practically practise it tho, saying things like "You can find good in all denominations" etc.
Old 26-07-2015, 08:06 PM
Deactivated Account

Polythiesm
Old 26-07-2015, 08:07 PM
celest

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackofSpades
"Religious eclectic" might be close one.

Eclecticism means picking and choosing (or at least, being open to do so) elements everywhere in order to create your own way. Eclecticism doesn't reject existing religions as bad thing, but rejects the idea of submitting to them. Traditions are used as sources of inspiration and learning, rather than as an authority which one submits to follow without questioning.

Eclecticism can also exist within context of certain religion, like "eclectic wiccan" or "eclectic Christian". Then sources for picking and choosing are limited within that particular religions traditions. In Christian context, the word "eclectic" is hardly used, but many Christians practically practise it tho, saying things like "You can find good in all denominations" etc.

Its same as Omnism
Old 26-07-2015, 08:33 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyButterfly
What is the Word for Being Open to More Than One Religion?.

Pan-religious, I believe
Old 27-07-2015, 01:34 AM
Deactivated Account

How about just simply open to the teachings of different religions.