Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination > Pendulums and Dowsing

Old 04-08-2014, 11:25 AM
Experiencer

I think its important to cleanse your pendulum, as it is important to cleanse crystals and gemstones (often what we find pendulums made of). But it is more important to work on your own energy. The pendulum is just a tool.

In my first sessions I learned a lot about how they work. Basically it's you connecting with spirit. Then your nervous system is able to interpret yes and now into your muscles. Actually, it's really amazing what a small and refined way your muscles can work! (Think about how every muscle actually contains very small fibers, and they only work together as a group like as in a bicep muscle, when we will them to.

If you are not comfortable with calling it sprit, you can say subconscious and whatever unknowns that may entail. Either way, the pendulum is not magically moving on its own. It's you unconsciously moving it. It really won't matter at all what pendulum you use (I have two, and both work the same way).

So if we cleanse our own energy, I imagine we'd all have a better time of it! But to be honest I don't know much of anything about that.
Old 04-08-2014, 05:01 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman
Emerald, your pendulum does not have a life of it's own. The actions are coming from you, same is true of most divination methods. It's your own subconscious mind, intuition, etc - all the "soft" psychologies.

My best pendulums have been either an acorn or a pine cone on a thread and I would replace them often. The pendulum itself is not that important, it's only a small weight on a thread and the weight could be anything. However, it is important to have a clear mind !

Emerald, Norseman is right!
Old 04-08-2014, 05:16 PM
Guide
Dream Angel, yes I have several pendulums that have started behaving the same way. Some movements are more violent than others. My prized one has radiesthetic properties and I was told it never needed cleaning because it was always radiating white until you changed the color for your needs. This one is also behaving erratically, why it's in the drawer. lol
Old 04-08-2014, 09:34 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisbet
Actually, I have no idea how people avoid this problem. You have a stray spirit hanging out with you who loves messing around with pendulums. I get the regularly, and yes they are purely childish. Nothing anyone has suggested to me has ever stopped the problem. They just come and go as they please. Sometimes I get my guides, when I'm lucky. But I get all kinds of spirits who love to mess around. It's irritating. And I generally feel them leeching energy too. When I find a solution, I will let you know!

I've never, ever had this kind of problem!
Old 04-08-2014, 09:42 PM
Deactivated Account

me neither, Jenny Crow.

Most unusual Sundancer with the radiating white too, not quite sure I understand that. Your pendulum changes color too ?
Old 05-08-2014, 10:57 AM
Experiencer

Lucky! Lol. It is an odd affair indeed. I'm glad I don't have anything aggressive that would make my pendulum go haywire or violent. Eep!

Picking up a pendulum has jump started a bit of a spiritual awakening for me, so perhaps it has become a catalyst for me to dig deeper and seek spiritual advice. That's one of my theories anyway. ;)
Old 05-08-2014, 09:50 PM
Master

You just might be right
Old 07-08-2014, 02:47 AM
lovingspirit

tell me about it!

I literally cussed at my pendulum today because it made me angry!

Like I set it up where I wanted a yes, no, maybe rephrase. But during that session I told the pendulum (and my guide) that I don't want the maybe or rephrase responses during this session, and it still gave me those responses.

Sometimes though I feel if we are not calm or grounded the pendulum can be a little wacky.
Old 07-08-2014, 02:42 PM
Master

I'm not sure what you mean by "I set it up where I wanted a yes, no, maybe".

In the beginning, when you get a new pendulum it's customary to cleanse it, of course, but you ask the pendulum to show you its movements for yes, no and maybe. If that's the answer then you're going to get a maybe.

As has been explained, pendulums do not have a mind or life of their own, lol
Old 07-08-2014, 09:19 PM
Experiencer
Thank you all for your replies!

To those who told me to cleanse it. Yes, I cleansed it as soon as I got it but it still does it.

To those who mentioned contacting spirits or spirits making it give me that answer. I purely ask my higher-self for the answers. I don't feel comfortable letting spirits talk through my pendulum as I feel like it's a form of a Ouija board.

Also, someone mention that we also have to cleanse ourselves. I'm going to try that to see if maybe that's the problem. Can anyone give me advice on how to cleanse myself of negative energy and such.

Thank you!!