Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 03-10-2010, 06:30 AM
Master
Hi easy ... welcome to the community and a sincere thank you for encouraging me to indulge myself a little more ...

Tzu ... I agree and absence of (fabricated) fear allows us to 'enjoy' that sense of freedom which is inherant to our nature ... and that fear is derived from our beliefs speaking from my own experience ... and if allowed to 'manifest' it/fear can inhibit our innate ability to 'think' freely ... thats what it feels like anyway lol as always much gratitude to you for your beautiful contributions

andrew ... hello to you too matey yes and the 'want/demand and indeed sometimes wanton desire for control, security and approval is borne of fear, under the many layers of illusion of course, would you 'say'? once again fear of the unknown and what may become 'known' lol ...
Old 03-10-2010, 08:00 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sound
andrew ... hello to you too matey yes and the 'want/demand and indeed sometimes wanton desire for control, security and approval is borne of fear, under the many layers of illusion of course, would you 'say'? once again fear of the unknown and what may become 'known' lol ...

Yes, thats it. Fear of the unknown and what may become 'known'. Where there is something that is believed to be known there is also the flip side of the coin.....doubt. Where there is a certainty of mind there is also going to be an underlying uncertainty.

- That reminds me, there was a great line in Star Wars many years ago, something like.....'the tighter your grip the more that slips through your fingers' - This describes the nature of mind and the nature of wanting control. The 'freedom' is in the allowing, the trust, the acceptance, the openness to possibility.

Last edited by andrew g : 03-10-2010 at 08:03 AM.
Old 03-10-2010, 01:37 PM
Master
The whole development of your individuality
and of your whole self is a gift of All That Is;
A state of grace is the acceptance of life and vitality and joy.
Live then within it!

~Seth-Jane Roberts~

Old 03-10-2010, 01:54 PM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

The entireity of all we know, all we believe, all we experience, all we are.. is wholly dependent on the relationships of our individual existences, and.. the freedom to experience your relationships as you choose..

Be well..
Old 03-10-2010, 02:34 PM
Master

Freedom is that which requires nothing, freedom is the essence of love and visa versa
Old 03-10-2010, 02:44 PM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Quote:

Freedom is that which requires nothing, freedom is the essence of love and visa versa
Hi SeaZen: I understand the beauty of your message, but as we have seen in so many threads past, Love has so many interpretations.. it my understanding that 'essence of Love', is compassion..

Be well..
Old 03-10-2010, 02:58 PM
Ivy

Thankyou for sharing the poems Sound...they inspire.

But my question is, what is it to be free in the world...the reality of freedom as people have described it.

Freedom is scary to a lot of people. In business...the boss doesn't need a free spirited person on his team... Can a free spirited person be a team player without social manipulation? How many relationships can handle freedom? In the end does practising freedom exclude a person physically?

Ofcourse there is the freedom of the spirit...but only if it is kept hidden?
Old 03-10-2010, 03:08 PM
Master
It kinda implies there is something to be free from... which I guess there is... bondages attachments etc etc.
Old 03-10-2010, 03:10 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by TzuJanLi
Greetings..

Hi SeaZen: I understand the beauty of your message, but as we have seen in so many threads past, Love has so many interpretations.. it my understanding that 'essence of Love', is compassion..

Be well..

I disagree, compassion is merely one of the many "expressions" of love, its essence and core is freedom. To be totally loving is to be fully free and to allow others to be fully free. Full freedom creates the space for every joyful experience. Freedom entails honesty and transparency. Freedom is the basic nature of God which is love.
Old 03-10-2010, 03:12 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxheatherxx
Thankyou for sharing the poems Sound...they inspire.

But my question is, what is it to be free in the world...the reality of freedom as people have described it.

Freedom is scary to a lot of people. In business...the boss doesn't need a free spirited person on his team... Can a free spirited person be a team player without social manipulation? How many relationships can handle freedom? In the end does practising freedom exclude a person physically?

Ofcourse there is the freedom of the spirit...but only if it is kept hidden?

You raise some interesting issues Heather.

I will only respond to this from my experience. As I have come to value and prioritize the kind of freedom that has been talked about here in this thread I have distanced myself to some degree from people and situations that have no tolerance for, and do not resonate with, this kind of freedom. This hasnt been a conscious decision to distance myself, it has happened organically and naturally. I dont consider myself to be hiding in other words. My immediate family share the same values as me, and right now, thats enough. In my opinion, many people on the planet are now beginning to do what needs to be done to transform their old codependent limiting relationships into a new inter-dependent, joyful and free way of relating. I sense that in the next couple of years I may well be have more contact again with my old friends and family, though this is just an intuitive guess and I may be wrong.