Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 09-04-2017, 11:00 PM
Knower

If you engage in a practice and/or align yourself with a Buddhist group/temple you will pick up where you left off in a previous life. According to Tibetan Buddhism to desire to study Buddhism in this era you would have needed to have studied it in prior lives. You've most likely been a monk more than once.
Enjoy, start a daily practice, find the one that works for you.
When you jump in with both feet into a Buddhist practice, everyday will be a fabulous adventure. Good luck!
Old 30-04-2017, 03:59 PM
Suspended
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ground
The things I have been told from birth up to now are uncountable. E.g. in childhood I was told about santa claus and easter bunny

As a child, when I found out Santa Claus was not real and was a lie told to children by their parents, I was really shocked. I was not shocked Santa Claus was not real. What blew my mind at the time was how in the heck was this conspiracy possible? How did they get all the parents in the USA to agree to tell their children this same lie? How could they get millions of adults, parents, to agree to tell this same made up story to their children? Not only tell the same made up tale, but to go to all the trouble of buying and putting out presents to make the story seem more real?

I thought, sheesh, my parents are only friends with like 4 other families in my neighborhood, and clearly the entire neighborhood, all the adults here, are doing this same game and telling this same lie to their kids. I really could not wrap my head around the reality all parents agreed to do this. To lie to their kids. Now I guess I would say parents do it for many reasons. It is a part of our culture, is loosely linked to Christianity, parents experienced it and want their kids to experience it, it is seen by parents to be a "fun" wonder filled lie kids enjoy. Television and movies and media all join in to convince kids its real. Celebrities always go on talk shows acting like it is real.

It's interesting though at some point children will find out their parents lied to them for pretty much their entire childhood which is odd. I have no idea if psychic readings about past lives are fake or lies or not. I believe the past life readings done through hypnosis are mostly real. Psychic's are probably less real or reliable. Really if you know children you can see past life traits being played out and are obviously there. Some of ones I have seen in children I know. One boy, from pretty much birth, ate very, very slowly. He would take an hour to eat one cookie. He also had a strong aversion to seeing women on TV in bikini's etc. He would look away and say turn that off it's bad. This was from very young, before anybody or anything could have conditioned him to have this aversion. One girl child I know always was obsessed with animals from birth. I believe past life traits can always be seen in children if you observe them closely.

Children are born with full fledged unique strong personalities and anybody can think about their own childhoods and figure out what are some things they must have carried over from past lives. Just think about what your childhood habits and interests were. These are clues about what you did or were in a past life. Most interests and habits are carried over from one life to the next.