Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Reflexology

Old 17-01-2018, 09:14 PM
Newbie ;)

Can reflexology CAUSE a sinus infection?

Hello,

First off, I would like to state that I am not a certified reflexologist, but I have studied it for about four years, read many books/articles on the subject, and have had about 30 hours of "hands-on" practice (free of charge for friends). With that said, I gave an hour long reflexology treatment to a friend of mine yesterday, and during our session, her nose started running, just a bit, which I felt was a good thing because from what I've read/heard, that can be the body "detoxing." Earlier this morning, she texted me and said that she was up most of last night with a headache and congestion. I questioned her further, and she said that her nose was running yesterday evening, but then became congested during the night. She said that today her nose was running, but she had a bad headache and was congested. From what I've read/experienced, reflexology is supposed to relieve congestion, not cause it. I've scoured the internet and can't find anything which says reflexology can cause sinus congestion like this. Can anyone comment on this? I'm very afraid, and she admitted as much, that she will think that reflexology caused this. I think that this is just a coincidence and that she has a sinus infection, etc. that just happened to reveal itself during/after our session. She has had about 10 sessions with me before, and nothing like this has ever happened, but I'm still afraid she's going to think that reflexology caused this and will no longer believe in its proven benefits. Can anyone comment on this? Has anyone ever experienced anything like this that I can share with her? Thanks, Everyone!
Old 29-07-2018, 06:26 AM
Knower

I can't comment on reflexology specifically but I can give you an analogy. Once I reikied myself when just getting a cold. Sometimes a healing method will accelerate healing when something has already hooked on. But this was the very, very beginning and when I was done the session, the cold had moved right out. However, for a few years of my life, I would get a sinus infection after a cold. Distinctly different and very annoying. Happened everytime, like clockwork. So this time, when the cold left almost instantly, I became plagued with the sinus infection right away.

Perhaps something similar had happened here? I was not always prone to sinus infection and no longer get them, but at the time it was step 1 heal from cold, step 2 deal with sinus infection. Maybe you moved something out and this is a secondary phase?
Old 17-09-2018, 03:01 AM
Master
If a person has a runny noise during a session, what can you expect might happen later? The noise probably would congest mimicking a sinus infection.
Old 07-11-2018, 12:24 AM
Master
I would say it is most likely a herxheimer reaction which you probably heard of as being a "symptom" of relieving symptoms. when detoxifying the body can have all kinds of reactions which seem like more symptoms but may just be the body trying to clear itself out. I mean especially when it comes to things running lol. I must say most people have very congested and improperly working nasal & other passages. because the lymphatic system is the main elimination channel, our sewage system.. and most are bogged down and can't do what they're supposed to do. so with a powerful healing modality like reflexology things are bound to come up and try to get out. and unfortunately if a person doesn't help facilitate further healing with their diet and lifestyle well that could make the symptoms more ongoing since they can't be successfully eliminated
Old 01-04-2020, 06:22 PM
Seeker

I'm not sure but I don't think so

My Psychic Online
Old 21-10-2020, 03:07 PM
Seeker
I find that clients may suffer a running nose or even feel their ear to pop when working on the reflex of ear, i feel its away to help clear toxins of the body as reflex encourages our lymphathic system to rid our body of toxins, also if a cold or flu like systems that way be working on a client that they may not have disclosed during consultation this may be the results of this, i feel it is pretty common thing that i have seen threw clients and after 6 to 8 sessions people see a difference in their full body appearence and energy levels are raised. I encourage all clients to drink plenty of water , encourage a healthy diet and sleep pattern .
Old 26-10-2020, 04:04 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by lauraye
I find that clients may suffer a running nose or even feel their ear to pop when working on the reflex of ear, i feel its away to help clear toxins of the body as reflex encourages our lymphathic system to rid our body of toxins, also if a cold or flu like systems that way be working on a client that they may not have disclosed during consultation this may be the results of this, i feel it is pretty common thing that i have seen threw clients and after 6 to 8 sessions people see a difference in their full body appearence and energy levels are raised. I encourage all clients to drink plenty of water , encourage a healthy diet and sleep pattern .

Really good advice, "drink plenty of water , encourage a healthy diet and sleep pattern".

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜