Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 22-02-2018, 04:31 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen

It has a single purpose to me - helping the very beginner to understand a process and once familiar, they ditch it.

I agree.

It's good for beginners as I started off with it as nobody knows what they're really doing when they start it (like most things), so it helps being assisted, but after months doing it I came to the realisation that my mind wasn't actually being settled, or I wasn't observing any of it's activity, I was being guided/coached, so it's doing the complete opposite of what I wanted it to do.

It just didn't feel right, or sit well with me, so I ditched it and started literally sitting there and began allowing my thoughts to come as much as they wanted, as often as they wanted, and simply observed them without any attachment whatsoever, and bingo, a few months of doing that and during the day and you notice the mind is much more peaceful.

It does have it's place, though. I'm not judging people using guided meditation either - each to their own - but IMO it served me to understand what meditation was all about.
Old 23-02-2018, 01:14 PM
Master
Well said OEN
Old 27-02-2018, 11:00 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
It could be that during the guided meditation you entered a deeply relaxed hypnagogic state, where mental images abound. The hypnagogic state is the borderline state between waking and sleeping, and one method of successfully leaving the body is to remain conscious while in this state, holding your awareness on the threshold of sleep, just allowing any images to come and go. Easy to say, very difficult to achieve.

This is marked by a change in brainwave frequency, moving from the normal waking frequencies of beta (14+hz) to the slower more relaxed frequencies of alpha (8-13hz), and down to the theta frequencies (4-7hz), the world of dreams and deep creativity.

So do not be surprised by any such mental imagery. Were these actual entities or were they the creations of your own mind? Who knows. Perhaps the question is, do any of these images have any personal symbolic meaning to you?

Peace.

Used to do Shamanic Journeying (with drumming music), which takes you to that hypnagogic state, but I’ve been experimenting with Yoga Nidra guided meditations now that I found them.

Some of them are very good imo. and some just don’t take one deep enough.
A couple of days ago I purchased a Yoga Nidra CD that drives me up the wall, because of the mind-interpretations-overlay-commentary in it goes against my grain, so I just end up in conflict listening to it - which defeats the purpose.