Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Taoism

Old 18-02-2018, 11:43 PM
Experiencer

Xi Wang Mu

I recently found out about this diety called Xi Wang Mu.

I find her very interesting and feel I resonate with her (crown chakra tingling when reading about her.

What I find difficult is the pronunciation of her name. Its a translation for "Mother of the West".

Are there other versions of this diety that anyone knows about...or perhaps a nickname? lol

can you give a diety a nickname? Anyone heard of that?
Old 20-02-2018, 12:53 AM
Master
Hi.

I went looking for the pronunciation of the deities name.

I found this following page with the pronunciation, I however do not know exactly how correct it is. However, hopefully this may help you with pronunciation, or yes with coming up with a nickname.

And to help answer your next question, I see nothing wrong at all with using a nickname for any deity. As long as you know which deity you are addressing, I see no reason at all why said deity would not be aware you are indeed addressing them.

Or that is to say- the Deity will know you mean to address it, by manner of yourself having in heart and mind what it represents, regardless of what you call it or refer to it as, I feel.

Hope this helps.

I see no reason why you can't come up with a nickname, if you either have trouble pronouncing the name, or if you would simply prefer call it something else.

Blessings.

Edit: Pardon, and apologies, I forgot to link: https://www.howtopronounce.com/xi-wangmu/ What you will want to press with your mouse on the site is the bluish purple like arrow, with sound like symbols like this- ))) near to the little what appears to be "like" "dislike" symbols one might find on youtube in the small box area there.
Old 20-02-2018, 09:35 PM
Experiencer

She is the goddess who tends the peach tree whose fruits give immortality to the gods. I pronounce her name 'She-One-gMoo', not sure if that's how the chinese say it though.
Old 20-02-2018, 10:05 PM
Experiencer

https://translate.google.com.br/?hl=...8E%8B%E6%AF%8D

This is probably the right way to say it.