Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 15-03-2018, 08:55 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain95
That's a good point. There's really a lot of philosophical questions about that topic.

If killing is always wrong, why are so many living things designed to kill to live? Lions, wolves, eagles, whales, and on and on? Even some plants will kill other plants. I saw a show on how some species of ivy will cover a tree and kill it. Some poisonous plants kill animals. Then why is this whole system based on death? We are all killed by various diseases and the body wearing out. God will kill every living thing. No living thing on earth lives forever.

The creator or creators of all of this could have easily made a system of life and biology where nothing is killed or dies I would assume.

' The creator or creators of all of this could have easily made a system of life and biology where nothing is killed or dies I would assume '

Where would all the people live if nothing died?
Don't you think the creator/creators is ' Cause and effect ' ?
Old 16-03-2018, 03:57 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Where would all the people live if nothing died?

That begs the question, is there enough room in heaven/astral world for all the souls that exist? Are new souls still being created or is there a limited number? I know Buddhism doesn't believe in "souls" but whatever they call the thing in humans that goes on...

The population of the earth doubles every ten years. So now it is over 7 billion people. In 10 years, the earths population will be 14 billion. So let's assume 7 billion were reincarnated.... that means 7 billion new souls were created...or consciousnesses or life-streams or whatever one calls it. Seven BILLION! Where will they live? Earth is doomed but then scientists just say, whatever, when the food runs out the population will go down. But yea, there could be a system where nothing dies... you stop making new ones. Or like when you die, you make a duplicate... POP....the problem has always been animals having more than 2 offspring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Don't you think the creator/creators is ' Cause and effect ' ?

You mean the creator is not a willful being? Like evolution, impartial, no bias or "person" there? I would say who made the laws of evolution then. The laws clearly have a bias and intended result. Like how living things, on whole, seek to avoid pain and find pleasure. That is embedded in the laws of evolution and created beings. Why even have pleasure and pain in living things? It is easily erased, we do it with drugs. The question that comes to my mind there is why? No creator.... why all of this?

I'd also say the obvious which is overlooked. WE are creators. Everything you see around you we humans created, not the raw materials, the trees, sand, minerals, rocks ....but the wood, cement, steel, glass.... all human creations made out of the raw materials we found here. Then besides all that we create, we create our rooms, our relationships, our lives...

So 7 billion of us leave at around 100 years if we are lucky.... we are creators.... why would we stop out of the body? It's what we do.... and as modern scientists have discovered... an observer changes the behavior of matter.... so us just existing is creating or causing matter to change.
Old 17-03-2018, 12:41 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain95
That's a good point. There's really a lot of philosophical questions about that topic.

If killing is always wrong, why are so many living things designed to kill to live? Lions, wolves, eagles, whales, and on and on? Even some plants will kill other plants. I saw a show on how some species of ivy will cover a tree and kill it. Some poisonous plants kill animals. Then why is this whole system based on death? We are all killed by various diseases and the body wearing out. God will kill every living thing. No living thing on earth lives forever.

The creator or creators of all of this could have easily made a system of life and biology where nothing is killed or dies I would assume.

Could have I suppose.

But a Creator as such would not show an ounce of mercy.

If nothing is killed, or died?

It is like a topic in a religious forum I used to go to years ago, where a member asked everyone a question entitled- Would you want to live forever?

The unanimous answer received was "Are you kidding me? Do I want to suffer forever? Would I like to suffer the abuses of others forever, the disease as well"?

"So and So brings up a good point. What is the point of living forever... when you are old and unhealthy..."?

"So we suffer the pain of disease, but do not die? We suffer the poverty and can not die"?

Most people in the discussion topic gave of a response of a resounding No.

And there are those too who responded with a longer answer again another way of saying no- I'd actually simply like to reserve my right to die.

And then you had those whom said yes, that living forever might be pretty fun.

And the rest of us could hardly understand this.

A creator that would have put us here and forced us to live forever never dying isn't a merciful creator.

And would not be worthy of my worship.

I take great comfort in the thought that I need not suffer with myself forever.

Eventually I will die like every other living thing on this planet does.

Fair enough for me.