Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 17-02-2018, 04:28 AM
Master
Interest in God.

The real obstacle to me embarking upon the path of I AM is a lack of interest. The world is not nearly so interesting if it is only maya or unreal. A real world is far more interesting. Other people are not so interesting if they are only reflections of my own self or of my mind. God is not so interesting if He is only me!
A real world, real others, and a real God are far more interesting than what I AM has to offer.
I know I can have the best of both worlds and see things as being both myself and real at the same time.
Maya or illusionary worlds and people is pretty dull really. A real world and real "others" are of far more importance than just being my own reflection. God gains far more significance if He is greater than my own self.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 18-02-2018, 11:25 AM
Deactivated Account
There are 2 types of view, which a man can choose and live from.

One is to look at the past and to perpetuate it in to the future

or

to be in now, and to experience betterment in the future.

The premise of the 1st is Sadnes, dullness, desinterest.
The premise of the second is Joy, Goodness and inspiration.

Yes, God is greater than 'your' own self, but that must mean that he is not different than your self.
Just that he only looks on Joy and Goodness.

The queston is, do you know of "Your Own self, which God has created" ?
Not the tiny bodily self which people call themselfes selves selfs self ...
Old 18-02-2018, 05:19 PM
Master

It's all just words people made up. IAM, God, He is greater, He is me, all this is just words and ideas that people thought up in their minds. We get stuck on concepts invented by people like you and me. You can make up your own. I don't see God as a person, but as a river. I've never heard anyone else say that. Your own experience is the only thing worth focusing on. When I die nothing is going to matter except what's in my heart, not the ideas in my mind.

Last edited by Seawolf : 18-02-2018 at 06:45 PM.
Old 19-02-2018, 01:57 AM
Master
I have to agree with Seawolf, how ever we see and understand our world, are concepts. And it does not matter who and what we are, a first time incarnate or a so called ascended master. We try to make sense of everything around us and how we fit inside of it. As we move forward everything changes. Sometimes very slowly and other times it seams to overwhelm us, like at the moment, where everything changes so rapidly, it makes us spin.
Just pick what makes you happy. In the end all that matters is, how much love can you hold inside your vessel. That's all
Be well
Old 20-02-2018, 02:06 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
The real obstacle to me embarking upon the path of I AM is a lack of interest. The world is not nearly so interesting if it is only maya or unreal. A real world is far more interesting. Other people are not so interesting if they are only reflections of my own self or of my mind. God is not so interesting if He is only me!
A real world, real others, and a real God are far more interesting than what I AM has to offer.
I know I can have the best of both worlds and see things as being both myself and real at the same time.
Maya or illusionary worlds and people is pretty dull really. A real world and real "others" are of far more importance than just being my own reflection. God gains far more significance if He is greater than my own self.

Honza - I think a great number of people on the planet have an innate need to believe in a power higher than themselves, this is especially true during times of sorrow when nothing seems to make sense in life. For example, if my God is only me, that's a pretty heavy weight on my shoulders when I can't seem to find answers to the 'whys' of tragedy and suffering. With nothing to believe in outside of myself it's easy to become despondent and depressed. Even if I have no proof there is in fact an overseeing God of the human race, I can live with the fact that I don't know anything for certain.
Old 20-02-2018, 09:13 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackraven
Honza - I think a great number of people on the planet have an innate need to believe in a power higher than themselves, this is especially true during times of sorrow when nothing seems to make sense in life. For example, if my God is only me, that's a pretty heavy weight on my shoulders when I can't seem to find answers to the 'whys' of tragedy and suffering. With nothing to believe in outside of myself it's easy to become despondent and depressed. Even if I have no proof there is in fact an overseeing God of the human race, I can live with the fact that I don't know anything for certain.

Yes that makes sense to me. It is close to how I feel.

Old 23-02-2018, 01:13 PM
Master
What I always seem to forget is that Christ offers the world view I am searching for. To a Christian the world and other people are real and God is bigger than the "I".

However I am finding it difficult to establish a foothold in the spiritual Christ.

Old 24-02-2018, 05:39 PM
Master
Quote:
In reference to this, the Hindu Vedas never said the world was Maya (illusion). The actual term used was Mithya, which simply means 'false perception' in that, everything we think of AS being 'real' or 'true' is not the ultimate truth, but this does not mean it is an illusion (Maya) either.

The whole interpretation from the original meaning and intention has been so skewed over the years that nobody really understands this anymore.

Yes, God is greater than your own self and always will be! What we are and what people see as the "I AM" is only that Divine spark of love that He instills within our being as the heart-soul.

To associate with "I AM" is like seeing the moon reflected in a pool of water and believing one has found the moon. We are the reflections of God and 'created in His (spiritual) image', but above and over all of that, God exists and the omnipotent and omnipresent nature of the Divine - without human limitation or restriction, means that it is also possible for Him to exist as a 'being' totally outside and independent from us.

I hope this makes you feel somewhat better about it.
Old 24-02-2018, 05:55 PM
Master
Yes thanks Shivani.

Old 25-02-2018, 12:58 AM
Master
Quote:
Yes thanks Shivani.
You are very welcome.