Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astrology

Old 30-01-2018, 10:25 PM
Seeker
Basics of Astrology?

Can someone direct me to where I can learn the astronomy basics for beginners? I am really interested in this subject. I really don't know much, other than I am a Pisces! Lol.
Old 31-01-2018, 04:19 AM
Master
Hi.

You could try a number of browser searches- google or whatever engine you use on your browser, and look up different astrological words, practices etc.

Sun in the signs.

Moon signs.

Ascendant.

Then astrological aspects.

Astrological patterns.

The Midheaven, North Node, South Node, asteroids, on and on..

It is a tough practice for study, many astrologer's whom know the ropes perhaps forget what it was like starting to learn.

For me I first went directly to my own chart, I used a website to calculate and draw up my own chart. Then I would browse the different planets in signs, aspects, houses, house cusps and all relevant information online, then further to a few different books, then further still to taking the study of my own chart after being accustomed to what different things mean and how to look at the chart itself, and then I began to look at the charts for others on an astrology forum I visited, and then the learning continued into instead of a natal chart, charts for relationship synastry, and relationship combined composite and davidson chart, and I am still learning when I take time to continue to study.

Are you sure you want to learn the whole study of Astrology in its entirety? Lol.

Seriously it seems a lot at first but it is manageable taken in small steps, and becomes second nature once you begin to get used to it.

Imo the best way to learn is by study of one's own natal chart first, looking up different planet placements, information on aspects between planets so you are not confused by the symbolism within the chart structure- that is to say different symbols are used for each different aspect, one symbol is used for conjunctions, one for oppositions, another for trines, etc., and after getting down the basics and symbolics by studying your own chart and looking to see how the planets, their signs, aspects and placements have affected your own natal, you simply start looking at the charts of others, and put their data into the site or program you choose to use. Perhaps friends and family whom are willing to try and let you have a look, or if you are brave enough, strangers within a forum structure (astrological) that allows for practice chart readings or has a chart reading section, and try your hand at interpreting for them.

Astrology often is viewed as these generic descriptions given on the websites and in the books when really the descriptions are very much so mild indications. To really study the charts one must be open to utilizing intuition, otherwise all you are doing is passing people information on planetary aspects, planets in houses etc, that they can simply learn online themselves...

There are websites for chart drawings online, one that is free to draw up and calculate the chart is astro.com. You may have to register before you can draw the chart up, but both registration and calculating the chart with your birth data is free.

You will need your date, location and as close to your birth time as you can get to calculate the chart properly.

Hope that helps some.

If you really want to learn it does take a significant amount of time, it isn't something learned in an instant, but do not let this discourage you either.

Best of luck.
Old 31-01-2018, 04:11 PM
Seeker
Thank you VERY much for your thoughtful response! This is great info, I am going to look into it :)
Old 13-02-2018, 10:05 PM
Master
If you're interested in Jyotish, the kind of astrology I do, there are lots of free tutorials on YouTube - I learned a lot from Kapiel Raaj who made it really easy to learn.
Old 20-02-2018, 03:29 PM
Seeker
Uma,

Thank you. I will check out Kapiel Raaj.
Old 21-02-2018, 04:14 PM
Knower
This is Hank Friedman a psychic, western astrologer and Vedic astrologer as well.

His site is full of useful information.

https://www.learnastrologyfree.com/

Here is another site with some useful features (western astrology).

https://cafeastrology.com/
Old 21-02-2018, 06:41 PM
Seeker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindu*
This is Hank Friedman a psychic, western astrologer and Vedic astrologer as well.

His site is full of useful information.

https://www.learnastrologyfree.com/

Here is another site with some useful features (western astrology).

https://cafeastrology.com/

Thank you!