Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Wicca

Old 28-01-2018, 10:15 PM
Experiencer

Husband called me a "witch"

I am not Wiccan but almost converted before. Anyway I found out a cousin of mine I just got reconnected with is Wiccan. I told my husband (a fairly open minded Christian) and then later he told me "things about you, don't you know you have the power of a witch?" But he just left it at that, I'm afraid to ask what he meant? I know he doesn't know about Wiccan religion, he's Caribbean and he's familiar instead with voodoo and santaria. I want to tread carefully because I know he believes in magic but the church might have taught him it's evil.
Old 30-01-2018, 04:06 AM
Knower
Perhaps it's his intuition confirming what you have suspected about yourself all along? Doesn't sound negative but I wasn't there so I don't know how he said it. My husband knew I was a witch way before I converted. He joked about it all the time. Finally I embraced what I always knew.

The best thing to do is just talk with him. Maybe he doesn't think its evil. You wont know until you ask. And on the off chance he does, maybe let him read what its all about online or a book.
Old 30-01-2018, 10:29 PM
Experiencer

I already know he has no problem with "white" magic and the two relatives I now know about are VERY open about it and my family accepts them well... But it would shock Evangelical friends.

The uncle we live with... He's constantly haunted by spirits and supernatural stuff while I just see LOTS of number sequences... Anyway there have always been stories that witchcraft runs in my family, I heard that since I was little.
Old 30-01-2018, 11:25 PM
Knower
Yeah I don't tell anyone unless I know I am around like minded people. My parents don't even know and I am completely fine with that.

If he is on board then that's great! What your Evangelical friends don't know wont hurt them.
Old 01-02-2018, 03:23 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angnix
I am not Wiccan but almost converted before. Anyway I found out a cousin of mine I just got reconnected with is Wiccan. I told my husband (a fairly open minded Christian) and then later he told me "things about you, don't you know you have the power of a witch?" But he just left it at that, I'm afraid to ask what he meant? I know he doesn't know about Wiccan religion, he's Caribbean and he's familiar instead with voodoo and santaria. I want to tread carefully because I know he believes in magic but the church might have taught him it's evil.

I think you have to accept that the church will brand anything not following its dogma as evil. Ironically, the Roman church was as corrupt as hell (something that Calvin aimed to reform). It would do what it thought was the Christian thing like burning anyone alleged to be a witch or heretic or put them through some horrid tortures - things of which it's a fair bet that Jesus would never condone.

Depending from where your husband originates, he'd tell you a few things about history, treatment of slaves and how and why the neo-African faiths emerged. Your mention of Voodoo suggests Haiti but Santeria suggests Cuba.
(I am kanzo-ed voodoo or Vodou). You don't mention what your husband's standing is with the (presumably Christian church.

Difficult to suggest how to approach it. You could start a dialogue along the lines of "I'm really not too sure what this Wicca is about. I know people involved but never talked much about it. What do you know of it? Any thoughts?" if the chance arises and the mood is right.
Old 19-02-2018, 10:18 PM
Experiencer

I forgot to follow up on this, husband said later he was joking... Anyway I can't really tell if my cousin based on her Facebook comments really practices Wicca, she says pagan and I assumed Wicca because of her use of pentagrams, triple goddess symbol etc... But I have strong interests in stuff like medicinal plants and nature anyway.
Old 09-03-2018, 09:41 PM
Newbie ;)

People who do wicca is a witch. But I think your husband is wrong to tell you that you are a witch. We cant say this person or that person has wicca you got to have prove and he don't.