Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations

Old 09-10-2014, 06:05 AM
Pathfinder

Hello Andrew,

From my perspective, you're discussing two different methods (and they each have their own nuances).

1) There is Manifesting through FOCUS (i.e. called Law of Attraction by some).

2) There is Manifesting through BELIEF.

Manifesting through FOCUS

Simply stated, whatever you FOCUS your thoughts & attention on will manifest in your life, given enough time. Affirmations are just one way to FOCUS thought. Often, as you mention, emotions are also utilized to enhance the effectiveness of the process.

Although I've used this method with success, I've noticed that there is a possible drawback. If something doesn't manifest over time, discouragement can set in and cause one to feel as if he or she has failed.

In order to avoid getting discouraged over time, at some point, you must completely LET GO of your FOCUS on your intention and allow the Universe to manifest it for you. In other words, once you’ve done the ‘work’ (i.e. envisioning it, feeling it, affirmations, etc.), it’s necessary to release it and allow it to manifest on its own.

Once you’ve LET IT GO, if it continues to be fun to think about, then go ahead and do that. But, if not, don’t continue to ‘work’ on it.

Manifesting through BELIEF

With Manifesting through BELIEF, visualizations, affirmations, vision boards, etc. are not utilized. You simply:

1) ASK (The Request should be specific)
2) LET GO of your intention
3) Express GRATITUDE and go on with your life
(You can even forget about it)

Both methods require you to be able to LET GO of your intention and detach from the outcome.

Brief Testimonial

I actually prefer Manifesting through BELIEF because, if done with Detachment, it is completely effortless.

Just a quick testimonial on its effectiveness - In addition to other things, I recently used it to get rid of skin cancer (undiagnosed) on my left forearm. Also, I used it to manifest $450,000 and then another $1,000,000 (effortlessly) several years back. I use it for everything now.

Naturally, everyone has their own preferred technique that resonates and works best for them. I don't personally believe there is any "correct" method. It's simply a matter of using what works for you.

Happy manifesting!
Old 09-10-2014, 06:08 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo
.....I have consciously created many things now and one of the hardest things is letting the order go. You can't stand in a fast food line holding the idea of the meal you want, you have to say it and then let the restaurant cook the food for you.

LOL! I love the fast food analogy. Thanks Stevo!
Old 09-10-2014, 09:23 AM
awilson

Thanks for the reply and for the information seeker. I think I am having problems understanding the letting go part. Possibly because it conflicts with other information I have been reading which specifically tell you to do daily affirmations and act out the feelings of already having received - to me at least this contradicts the letting go theory. Like you say though, perhaps it is personal preference and what feels right to the individual.

I have noticed that at the moment my affirmations are becoming like a rather boring record being played over and over again and they just don't seem to be resonating with me - just words.

Thanks again,

Andrew
Old 09-10-2014, 09:57 AM
Master
I would say that if they do not resonate, they are not the right ones for you right now. there is loads of LOA advice out there. what works for one may not work for another.

to quote Lifer76:
"What works best for me I don't ask for something specific, just give me joy, inner peace everything else will fall in place later; like asking the cook give me the best you got"

I love this analogy! stop and put some true thought into exactly what you are asking for. I will make an example of a material thing: $xxx amount of money. everyday you are saying an affirmation regarding $xxx. everyday you are supposed to be grateful for $xxx. everyday you look at your bank account and see that $xxx just isn't there yet. it is hard to let this go, it is hard to be grateful for something that you have physical proof just is not there yet. doubt creeps in for most. now a general example: general wellbeing. everyday you affirm that you are whole and have all that you need. everyday you are grateful for the ability to pay your light bill when some can't. you are grateful for the little boy who made you smile this morning. you are able to be grateful for these things because they are tiny (but significant) things that once you actually pay attention you now notice. instead of your mind harping on a desired outcome -the future, not here yet, never will be here, it is the FUTURE- you are focused on now and THAT is the letting go. before you realize it, more good things are coming your way because you are here, now, paying attention and free from disappointment. I wish you well :)
Old 09-10-2014, 11:00 AM
awilson

Thank you 12meadows.

Now I have mentioned resonate I am not sure that that was the correct choice of words. Perhaps I find the act of repeating the affirmations boring which also might mean they are not the correct choice?

Or perhaps I feel I am just trying to hard with repeating them. I put emotion into the first few but as it goes on I tend to find myself waning - like a stuck record:-)

Thanks again

Andrew
Old 09-10-2014, 09:16 PM
Master
My advice would be not to try so hard. I think resonate is a good word. The repeating doesn't feel right- if you are bored. That is ok. It is all ok. The universe, or god, or what ever your belief is, knows what is in your heart- knows what it is that you need and that isn't going to change because you did or didn't repeat a phrase. Have faith :)