Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations > Manifesting, Creating, & The Law of Attraction

Old 25-10-2010, 04:55 PM
Radiant Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritlite
. It takes a while for your brain and your body to get used to a new concept and "bad thoughts" aren't bad you just have to let the manifesting thoughts sound louder to the universe.
Spiritlite.

Thank you Spiritlite! This was a big concern of mine because I would worry that if I can't keep the negative thoughts out I would slow down the creation process or attract what it was I didn't want.
Old 25-10-2010, 04:56 PM
Radiant Soul

Thank you Xan! I will
Old 25-10-2010, 05:03 PM
Radiant Soul

Thank you Star-Child for the link. I will check it out. I thought about looking into hypnotherapy but have been hesitant about it at the same time because I don't know what to expect and I am a little fearful of whether or not it will open a door or portal that I'm not ready for but I will defintately give it some more thought...
Old 25-10-2010, 05:05 PM
Radiant Soul

Thank you Gerryh, I have heard of affirmations but not "subliminal affirmations". I will look into it.
Old 25-10-2010, 05:24 PM
Radiant Soul

Hello JohnL,

That's an interesting point you make, really makes me think. This makes sense because we are taught to think positive and that we shouldn't focus on or entertain negative thoughts, and as a result we never really elimate them, only mask them. Is this what you're saying? I have read that it is really the emotion behind the thought that creates. This gives me hope that I will be able to remove the thoughts but first I need to get to the root of the problem in order to purge them. Thank you again!
Old 25-10-2010, 10:39 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnL
I've also read the Abraham Hicks books. In fact, I think I have almost all of them. The one thing they don't explain is how to clear out negative thoughts that always come up.

They're contention is that positive thinking via the processes they teach is basically all you need. However, unless those negative thoughts are purged they will still come up.

My opinion is that positive thinking only "masks" or suppresses the negative. On some topics you can do that better than others depending on the person.

But eventually, those negative thoughts come up.

Clearing them out is the only real solution.

Then they're gone.

I'm glad to know this about Abraham-Hicks, JohnL. I foolishly made an assumption about that because clearing negative patterns before we can go ahead in new ways seems so obvious.

There are many ways to clear conscious and unconscious negative thoughts, attitudes and feelings from our minds.

One of the best is EFT - Emotional Freedom Techniques, which is easy to learn and to use, and is amazingly effective. There's a little article about it at: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=4478

Another is EmoTrance, which one can check out at: http://emotrance.com/what_is_emotrance.htm - and learned from a free ebook there.

Xan

Old 26-10-2010, 08:26 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiant Soul
In the past I had became use to people coming in and out of my life so I always expected it and by law, I kept attracting it. Now I am focusing on being surrounded with life long meaningful friends.

hi Radiant Soul,

Here is a different line of thinking ~
" People always come into your life for a reason, a season or a lifetime "

People will always be coming and going in & out of our lives, I don't really think there is much we can do about it - sometimes we know the reasons,sometimes we don't.

This is actually a poem, http://www.wrensworld.com/people.htm by Brian A. Chalker
( here is just part of the poem )

People always come into your life for
a REASON, a SEASON, or a LIFETIME.

When you figure out which it is, you know exactly what to do.

When someone is in your life for a REASON, it is usually to meet a need you have expressed outwardly or inwardly.

When people come into your life for a SEASON, it is because your turn has come to share, grow, or learn

LIFETIME relationships teach you a lifetime of lessons; those things you must build upon in order to have a solid emotional foundation.

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 26-10-2010, 08:55 AM
Gerryh

Xan is correct in that the only way forward is to remove the mental obstacles that are holding you back from creating the kind of life that you want.That is why EFT works so well in this regard.You have to know why you are being blocked and learn to reprogram your limiting beliefs etc in order to achieve a more vibrant life.Do negatives happen? Of course they do, but it is how you react to them that count. When you realise that you are the director of your "life movie" then it just gets easier and easier to manifest everything that is in alignement with you.
Hope that what I have said will help someone get a better understanding of how the LOA works.
Best wishes Gerry
Old 29-10-2010, 03:54 PM
AbrahamTV

Hello there Radiant Soul,
I think that after you are finished with the Law of Attraction, you should pick up their new book, The Vortex.
The whole idea behind this book, and also behind the law of attraction, is that you need to try to stay in a blissful, positive, happy state as often as you can. And while you are in that state you will attract great things so much faster than if you are in a negative place, attracting negative relationships.
I wouldn't beat yourself up about your negative thoughts, that only creates more negativity towards yourself. Be happy, love yourself, and forgive your mind for going back to old habits. Get back in the vortex as quickly as possible and stay there for as long as possible.
LOVE LIFE
Old 30-10-2010, 03:34 AM
OMG, I feel like I'm home.
Finally people who understand and have read Abraham-Hicks!!
Thank God.

So much to comment on!

I have the answer 'for me' regarding negative thoughts - they aren't even there anymore ---you shew them away enough like a fly and they figure out it is no fun anymore buzzing around her head!

Neg thoughts can creep in at any time. One must get used to and believe this fact that they do you no benefit, what-so-ever. They are the enemy.
We have been there and done that and they do harm - not good - spiraling a person down maybe into a pit of depression even... they have got to go.

There are many techniques, too many to write in my first post here!
One thing is neg thoughts are like birds flying over head - you can't control them but you certainly can control not letting one make a nest in your hair. (That's a quote, not mine.)

I had to take the bull by it's horns - the very second I recognized that tricky mind or ego or whatever - was creeping in my head - I used to physically raise a finger and say, "Oh, no you don't. I'm not going there." And smile when I said it.
Worked everytime.

Then, you get a feel for how the mind works and tries to trick you into worry, depression, anger, indignation, hurt ---it's seemingly endless the tricks of the lower ego self, as Wayne Dyer calls it. Christians call it the devil.
I like that because then it seems like it's not "me" -but some entity I can actually banish.
That is tricky bec so many dislike Christian concepts.
They work for me at times.

Once you see that you actually do not have to be controlled by these stupid thoughts -you gain confidence - you are the Captain with the rudder in your hands - not flip-flopping like a leaf in the wind ---being effected by every sudden situation!

People can be rude to you, offend you, cut you off in traffic, whatever and it's oil off a duck's back.

Anyway, that's enough for now. I've won the battle controlling those stupid thoughts! (I had to.)
Take care all,
:) Miss Hepburn

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru