Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 11-03-2013, 04:04 AM
missrachel300

Homesick in your body?

Has anyone ever had the feeling of being homesick in their own body?

I have a couple distinct memories as a young child, at maybe 3 or 4 years old. While looking at myself in the mirror, I felt a sort of homesickness, like my human existence was foreign to me. I've not experienced it since then.

It's not something that bothers me, but was wondering if anyone else has ever had a similar experience, or insight.
Old 11-03-2013, 04:37 AM
Master
yes I have had the feeling most of my life, as I got older it got stronger, it got so strong once that I just fell onto my bed and cried like a baby wanting its mother. This is also how I felt when I experienced my so called Awakening, i just gave into life while feeling I didn't belong here, i then experience all that there IS, in that experience I realized that i do belong here, for I am everywhere already, this life i was living was was only a shadow of what I truly AM, but you cannot have a shadow if what IS isn't there.

I now live my life knowing that I put myself here to enjoy my creations, there is no death, there is no birth, there is nothing to fear but fear itself.

Don't wast your life believing that you shouldn't be here, you are here, you put yourself here, so enjoy.
Old 11-03-2013, 09:00 PM
Master

Quote:
Don't wast your life believing that you shouldn't be here, you are here, you put yourself here, so enjoy.

Indeed, nicely said. That is absolutely the the end position and life is for living and being in the now is vital.

I do allow myself my moments tho! Sometimes the moments are longer than others.

But, life is for living and that's always helpful and valuable and should not be forgotten as many battle through various worlds.
Old 15-03-2013, 09:35 PM
Knower

I felt the same as a child, like there was a place I desperately wanted to be. I called it home and kept asking my parents if I could go back. I was living in the only home I had ever known so they couldn't understand what was the matter
Old 15-03-2013, 09:37 PM
Mr.Whitmore

Your Dna knows of another home..........part of your DNA know earth has home....and another part of your DNA belongs elsewhere....
Old 17-03-2013, 01:36 AM
AbbeyWilcox

I have been struggling with that same feeling for a long time now. I've had nights where I rock back and forth for hours just sobbing and praying that God takes me home. I think it is a sort of spiritual instinct within everyone. We are limitless souls placed into a limited body, so it is only natural that we wish to be free again. I can't really offer any advice as to how to accept this feeling, but I think if you tap into your spiritual side through meditating or praying or whatever your beliefs drive you to do, you can find comfort. It's sort of like calling home just to hear your parents' voices - you still want to go home, but a phone call can still comfort you.
Old 17-03-2013, 06:19 AM
missrachel300

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannah
I felt the same as a child, like there was a place I desperately wanted to be. I called it home and kept asking my parents if I could go back. I was living in the only home I had ever known so they couldn't understand what was the matter

Indeed, a very confusing phenomenon! I just remember feeling like my body was so alien.
Old 17-03-2013, 09:27 PM
Knower

I have heard that it is the soul craving for the spiritual paradise it came from before being forced to incarnate into another body
Old 17-03-2013, 09:37 PM
missrachel300

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannah
I have heard that it is the soul craving for the spiritual paradise it came from before being forced to incarnate into another body

I believe it! I think I was very reluctant to enter this world... and for very good reasons. Lol.
Old 17-03-2013, 11:49 PM
Knower

yes, i had this all the time as a child, i would cry and cry, begging to "go home"... always homesick for a place i didn't know of.... still get it occasionally. it means you are a starseed :) look up indigo children / starseeds, it will help you start to feel more at home.

xx