Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Channeling

Old 26-11-2012, 03:52 AM
mystic kate

here is my GUESS and this isnt channeled or anything, my guess is that if you have an illness its there to teach you something. and it would be good to gain the positives. its good to gain some control over it and overcome it in some way. i dont see using medication as a loss of control or defeat but just the opposite- surely the brain can go wrong and its wiring can be faulty the same as muscles or bones not working?
if it was me i woud treat these illness as a faulty brain motor and use the medications to correct it. if your engine needed oil youd put it in wouldnt you

keep positive is what i think. i know it must be super hard when you have an illness such as these. my son has tourettes and sometimes it can be ok and other times it can be easier. there is no way of knowing which way it will go and mostly we cope with it and dont expect to defeat it although that would be nice
Old 26-11-2012, 05:03 AM
spiritualized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uma
I don't think that anyone with a mental illness should be trying to channel, and not even meditate (at least not beyond simple relaxation exercises). Being grounded and in control of one's mental faculties and emotions at all times should be a top priority for you. Prayer is okay though - it's just asking for an answer. Answers also come from your guides to you from the outside world through people and situations.

In your spirit you are whole and healed. It is your brain that has a chemical imbalance. There must be some reason you came into this world to have this experience. You need to think objectively and intelligently (not in a trance state) to be able to figure it out. Intuition, when it comes, should not take over your ability to think clearly, know exactly where you are etc.

Doesn't this make sense?

It does make sense. But these areas are so complex - & there are so many individual forms of mental & emotional confusion & distress. Wholly or in part a large aspect of things can be environmental & relational, &/or psychological/emotional & spiritual. It's very hard to separate out what the actual issues are.

The trend especially in the West is to blame everything primarily on Biology - when I think that can be very damaging in itself.

There is validity in certain cases in the whole areas of soul sickness/spiritual emergency/emergence; especially in regards to some forms of psychosis/schizophrenia.

Certain gentler forms of meditation/reflection/contemplation & spiritual practises I have found very helpful; & I have a diagnosis of schizophrenia & history of long term & severe mental illness.

A lot of the problems I feel is societies general & collective response to people experiencing such things. In essence I feel that such people experiencing such states & experiences are generally more in tune & spiritual than the general population; but the spiritual aspects to these conditions is usually largely denied. There is great collective fear & ignorance in equating spirituality in this area.

There is a wealth of people, writing, research, & approaches that take account of the spiritual in these areas - & I have hundreds of books on the subject - But it is very much a fringe/alternative area.

Stigma & discrimination is rife.
Old 09-01-2013, 06:30 AM
guerillacropolis

How can you tell someone with mental illness that they shouldn't channel or even meditate?

I am bi-polar (I refuse to call it a "disorder"-it's more of an ability). A deep part of my spirituality comes from my "manic" phases. When I'm manic (a.k.a. "high" or "up") I often feel that I am channeling a higher power, and have breakthroughs in thoughts and ideas about my life and the universe. Often, I am able to confirm these are true when I am more balanced and stable. Without being manic, I would never have had those thoughts and ideas in the first place.

People who are bi-polar should continue to develop their spiritual abilities. You have a gift that enhances what you can do. You just need to remember to stay grounded enough that you don't lose touch with reality. If you are psychotic or close to it, you will scare others and maybe even hurt yourself or those close to you. With guidance and love from others, you can get help to practice good habits (getting enough sleep, staying a way from stimulating drugs) that will keep you from going over the edge.

The psychiatric establishment will try to convince you to let yourself be neutered by medications like lithium or other chemicals. If you have no other way to reach a balance or stability, then it's better to be treated pharmaceutically than have dangerous psychotic episodes. Otherwise, learn to manage your abilities so that they don't consume you.

Past spiritual leaders, including Jesus, were probably bi-polar. The man told others he was the son of God, and even went on a rampage in the temple against people using it as a place of commerce (sounds like a "psychotic manic episode" to me). However, he also channeled divine energy and expressed ideas that ultimately changed the world.

Don't quit channeling or meditating. If anything, I've found meditation to be a grounding activity. Just remember to be lucid, and learn to know when you're manic. Remember to have people around you that can help keep you grounded. Listen to their advice, especially when they're telling you that you need sleep, or are getting "too manic". I believe a lot of bi-polar people don't need traditional psychiatric treatment, but instead need loved ones to help them through their highs and lows, so that they can develop habits that help them stay balanced.

2,000 years ago, you may have been considered a shaman or messiah. Today, you're labelled "crazy", but really it's our society that's crazy. Be careful with your ability, but don't abandon it. The universe gave you this gift, and the world needs it. Use it.
Old 13-01-2013, 06:10 AM
korryn92

I have bi-polar, depression, and anxiety. I have gone through things during my childhood that have done this to me, so this should not make me unable to go after my spiritual dreams and needs.

Bi-polar is said to be hereditary, but most cases are triggered as well because of a stressful situation, so I have read and been told.

The only two reasons I made it through my worst times in my life so far are because of my spiritual side and because of my boyfriend who has been there for me through all of it.

Go for your dreams, but like everyone should, dont push yourself to the point of being overwhelmed.
Old 18-01-2013, 02:17 PM
slaga

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerillacropolis
How can you tell someone with mental illness that they shouldn't channel or even meditate?

I am bi-polar (I refuse to call it a "disorder"-it's more of an ability). A deep part of my spirituality comes from my "manic" phases. When I'm manic (a.k.a. "high" or "up") I often feel that I am channeling a higher power, and have breakthroughs in thoughts and ideas about my life and the universe. Often, I am able to confirm these are true when I am more balanced and stable. Without being manic, I would never have had those thoughts and ideas in the first place.

People who are bi-polar should continue to develop their spiritual abilities. You have a gift that enhances what you can do. You just need to remember to stay grounded enough that you don't lose touch with reality. If you are psychotic or close to it, you will scare others and maybe even hurt yourself or those close to you. With guidance and love from others, you can get help to practice good habits (getting enough sleep, staying a way from stimulating drugs) that will keep you from going over the edge.

The psychiatric establishment will try to convince you to let yourself be neutered by medications like lithium or other chemicals. If you have no other way to reach a balance or stability, then it's better to be treated pharmaceutically than have dangerous psychotic episodes. Otherwise, learn to manage your abilities so that they don't consume you.

Past spiritual leaders, including Jesus, were probably bi-polar. The man told others he was the son of God, and even went on a rampage in the temple against people using it as a place of commerce (sounds like a "psychotic manic episode" to me). However, he also channeled divine energy and expressed ideas that ultimately changed the world.

Don't quit channeling or meditating. If anything, I've found meditation to be a grounding activity. Just remember to be lucid, and learn to know when you're manic. Remember to have people around you that can help keep you grounded. Listen to their advice, especially when they're telling you that you need sleep, or are getting "too manic". I believe a lot of bi-polar people don't need traditional psychiatric treatment, but instead need loved ones to help them through their highs and lows, so that they can develop habits that help them stay balanced.

2,000 years ago, you may have been considered a shaman or messiah. Today, you're labelled "crazy", but really it's our society that's crazy. Be careful with your ability, but don't abandon it. The universe gave you this gift, and the world needs it. Use it.

It really depends on the person though. I am bipolar and when I get manic my creative side goes into overdrive and I my rational side becomes greatly compromised. It puts an incredible burden on my family because I fail to function as a father (I have three young ones). So for me, I don’t care if I never get that creative high again, I’m going to take my meds and do what I need to do to prevent the episodes. I have had a spiritual awakening since my last episode, I am well now, and I have a better sense of clarity now. It is not without struggle because those close to me may worry that my spiritual insights are a manifestation of my illness. I think that in some ways my manic self has merged with my “normal” self. I am preoccupied with spiritual thought but I do not have the crazy hyperactive drive that goes along with it. If you are able to live with it and function well without the meds then more power to you, but for me, I know that is not my path.
Old 18-01-2013, 02:38 PM
Master
Simon-

As someone with schizophrenia and many other "mental illnesses" in the family, there were things that affected my brain for 45 years before I solved it. It is about balance. You may be able to find supplements that help you balance your brain, but until you come to terms with what the imbalance is, it won't resolve. For me the imbalance has to do with balancing physical action/creation with the internal, constant spiritual dialogue. Both are required. I'm still working on it.

As far as treatment, IMO all the medications now available create other imbalances, but if you need them to function and be coherent, then I'd recommend using them with supplements until you find something that works. It will be more difficult, though, since your response will be complicated by the other drug(s).

I first began using amino acids when I read a lone blog posted by a guy who was bi-polar. He used inhibitory amino acids when he was in the manic phase and stimulatory aminos when he was in the depressive phase. It seemed like a logical thing to me and the amino acids can repair what has been damaged or depleted over years. Your body knows how to use them and can transform many into other aminos. They are available online or in nutrition stores, are reasonably priced and don't require a prescription.

BUT, it is more difficult than I imagined to find the right aminos, and your needs will change over time as you correct some problems. There is not much documentation out there except for weight-lifters who are usually only interested in unnatural muscle growth. I've been experimenting for about 10+ years, but what has worked for me were inhibitory amino acids like lysine, histidine and arginine. They are classed as Basic and Polar.

You can PM me if you are interested in more details. You will need to keep detailed notes and experiment carefully.

But once I got my body and brain stabilized by the inhibitory amino acids, I found I had no energy. That's why I said that it is, at it's core, a spiritual issue which causes the physical ones. But it can be solved. Any imbalance can be balanced. Mostly you need to ignore the fear-filled "facts" that are offered. And, at the core of every imbalance is a fear--only you can recognize what that fear is. It could be fear of lack--of energy, of money, of food, of love. It can be a fear of a particular illness itself. Whatever you believe will come true. Beliefs are just thoughts you think a lot. They attract other similar thoughts, people, examples and they become self-fulfilling. So you need to have a belief that you control your own health. You are the creator of your body, your life.

Good luck to you. Hope this has helped a little. Don't hesitate to contact me.

IsleWalker - Lora
Old 06-12-2013, 10:31 AM
Experiencer
The people who come up with these models and diagnoses don't believe in the soul or the spirit,it's a non factor, most of them have never had a spiritual experience and don't believe they exist.

Why would I take their advice on anything,it's like speaking Swahili to a bunch of French people.
Old 06-12-2013, 09:02 PM
Astralyra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uma
I don't think that anyone with a mental illness should be trying to channel, and not even meditate (at least not beyond simple relaxation exercises). Being grounded and in control of one's mental faculties and emotions at all times should be a top priority for you. Prayer is okay though - it's just asking for an answer. Answers also come from your guides to you from the outside world through people and situations.

In your spirit you are whole and healed. It is your brain that has a chemical imbalance. There must be some reason you came into this world to have this experience. You need to think objectively and intelligently (not in a trance state) to be able to figure it out. Intuition, when it comes, should not take over your ability to think clearly, know exactly where you are etc.

Doesn't this make sense?

Very Wise and makes perfect sense
Old 13-12-2013, 07:55 PM
Norligh

Not long ago we had a consultant firm working with us at my job. I am non-linear and right brained in an industry full of left-brained linear math-loving folk. The consultant pulled me aside one day after watching me for a while and spoke with me about disorders like OCD, bi-polar and ADHD. She sensed I struggled with some of this but she said she does not look at it like a disorder but an "ability." We struggle because these "disorders" are labeled at "bad" but they are just different. I am different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerillacropolis

Old 18-01-2014, 12:04 PM
Tati Tati

Depressed - OCD- anxiety -bipolar - schizoaffective - psychotic
Some of the names i have been given
from psychiatric doctors and hospitalizations in the past.

At this point of my life - being at my most balanced time- i have figured out some things about what happened to me.

One and most basic is that
i am responsible for creating the disorder -
for creating the chemical imbalance in my brain.

There is a list of thoughts(desires and fears)
which i can still remember
i had since very young age
and my attention to them is the reason i created my disorder.

I won't explain them now
but just for a little bit of information ,
i had many existencial questions
and a deep desire to not live my life from the 'surface'.
I felt i am always here for a deeper reason,
for a deeper exploration,
these thoughts at the age of 6 i had.

I was always interested in metaphysics ,
in ancient worlds ,spirits,aliens
and stuff like that since a child.

Bipolar disorder ,schizophrenia and psychosis for me
is a sudden expansion to a lot of new information
and a door is opening for us to other realities - other dimensions.
It is an access to the thoughts of personal as well as to collective subconscious.

But what happens to us,
is that we can't 'hold' all these stuff
so the system crushes down ...!!!

We can't 'hold' because of fear,
because of lack of the ability to ground ourselves ,
lack of the ability of being focused,
conscious and have right thinking.

Meditation and involving in Spiritual stuff
can be dangerous
because the practises and the theories
if done with wrong intention ,
it can lead to a psychotic experience and confusion.
It can also make many of deepest fears
come to the surface
so again we may not be able to deal with them.

For me inner work is nothing else than
making 'visible' the 'invisible'
and *creating*
*believing*in the courage to face it.
I am talking about fears here
which are nothing but dark parts of us
which we need to bring light on.

Meditation is like entering an unknown room ,
a dark room ,
we don't know what objects are around us ,
so we are a little afraid ...
but once we turn on the lights
then we know what we have to deal with ,
nothing is scary anymore ,
so we are ready to face whatever it is.

When one realises the mechanism of the mind ,
one can have control of it,in a sense that
one learns which thoughts
to create-to believe-to empower
and which thoughts to let go.
and for me spirituality is all about that.

I know i personally chose to live my life
through the extremes conditions
of the mental illness ,
to pass through the mental and emotional chaos,
so i learn how to balance.

It's a curse and a gift ,
when it is seen as a gift,
one can benefit from ,
one can grow ,one can bloom
one can expand.

I don't know if you agree
with what i am saying