Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 09-09-2012, 06:25 AM
Bodhi_Spirit

Question Moldavite, How do you cleanse and charge yours?

After reading a few popular books and doing web searches on Moldavite I've noticed something. There are a lot of different answers when it comes to cleansing and charging Moldavite, so that made me curious. For those of you who have worked with Modlavite what were or are your methods of cleansing and charging? Also what were the sources of information that got you started with these methods?
Old 09-09-2012, 10:41 PM
Master

i want to know the answer to this too!
Old 10-09-2012, 02:48 AM
Bodhi_Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rena
i want to know the answer to this too!

I'm surprised with all the Moldavite fans here no one has answered yet lol.
Old 10-09-2012, 04:22 AM
Master
Oh I was googling that myself earlier yesterday. I am guessing you cleanse it the same as any other stone that can be washed in water. It said the most optimal way of charging Moldavite is leaving it outside on the night of a meteor shower. It said this gives it the strongest charge possible but you can use a normal method of leaving it in the Sun or in the Moon I imagine as well. I would love to hear if any others know other ways of cleansing, charging, or even working with their Moldavite as I have become a Moldavite fanatic with in the last month or two. I own about 80 grams of Moldavite at this point and keep buying more and more. I haven't received my 31.7 gram drop yet or my first Besednice 6.8 gram hedgehog yet and I am already looking for my next purchase=P

Anyways though Moldavite lovers fear not if you missed the prominent Perseid shower like I did the Draconid one is on October 9th late evening, and the Oriond pre-dawn on October 21st-22nd. I know I'll be charging all of my Moldavite on one of these!
Old 10-09-2012, 05:23 PM
Bodhi_Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral Explorer
Oh I was googling that myself earlier yesterday. I am guessing you cleanse it the same as any other stone that can be washed in water. It said the most optimal way of charging Moldavite is leaving it outside on the night of a meteor shower. It said this gives it the strongest charge possible but you can use a normal method of leaving it in the Sun or in the Moon I imagine as well. I would love to hear if any others know other ways of cleansing, charging, or even working with their Moldavite as I have become a Moldavite fanatic with in the last month or two. I own about 80 grams of Moldavite at this point and keep buying more and more. I haven't received my 31.7 gram drop yet or my first Besednice 6.8 gram hedgehog yet and I am already looking for my next purchase=P

Anyways though Moldavite lovers fear not if you missed the prominent Perseid shower like I did the Draconid one is on October 9th late evening, and the Oriond pre-dawn on October 21st-22nd. I know I'll be charging all of my Moldavite on one of these!

Thanks Astral Explorer! I've seen these methods also did you find them by using google or in a book? I know there has to be other with opinions on this. Come on people feel free to comment!
Old 10-09-2012, 05:56 PM
Master
I found out the charging method reading online about Moldavite. Cleansing I learned how to cleanse all stones from books/internet. For the charging I google'd working with Moldavite and it said it's best to charge it on the night of a meteor shower which does make sense being that is how Moldavite was created, I imagine the Moon also adds to the charge on that night. It's funny there are people on eBay selling their Moldavite under the pre-tense "Powerful Moldavite charged in the recent meteor shower!" and they are selling a small piece for way more than it's worth since their's is charged in the Perseid meteor shower. I don't know if the more prominent the meteor shower the stronger the charge but the Perseid shower was huge compared to the next two coming soon. The next prominent shower will be in November or December I think. But I imagine the ones in October will work fine.

I know Moldavite can be cleansed with water because that is how they make Moldavite water infusions by leaving a charged moldavite in water outside in the Sun or the Moon for some time, sometimes they pray over the water too which changes the particles. There was a Japanese scientist who did this he put certain phrases in water and froze the water and the one's with happy and nice phrases the frozen molecules formed beautiful structures and the mean and hateful ones formed ugly decayed looking structures. So there is definitely some truth to blessed water, water infusions, things of that nature. Some stones will decay if exposed to water and so they must be cleansed in rice or other methods, one of those stones being Selenite.

I am reading about Moldavite right now in the Book of Stones, if it tells me anything else about cleansing, charging, or working with Moldavite I'll be sure to update you. I would love to see your Moldavite if you don't mind posting some pictures!

Edit: Just found this online. "Cleanse your moldavite crystal, gently, by running it under some warm water, then placing it in a window where it will receive the glow of moonlight. Never cleanse moldavite with salt or any other harsh substance, as it is easily scratched."
Old 10-09-2012, 07:22 PM
Master
i place mine on a piece of selenite..

other ways

sunshine, moonlight and smudging
Old 10-09-2012, 07:53 PM
Master
I have been reading about it for a little while online it says you can also charge them in the Sun on a piece of pumice and then bury the pumice afterwards. It also says you can charge it in the Sun/Moon on a Amethyst cluster as well, so I imagine Selenite would work too. But from what I have read the best way to charge it still seems to be on the night of a meteor shower. Cleansing you can use smudge sticks and water, but never use salt it will cause the Moldavite to decay, scratch, or even break.
Old 10-09-2012, 08:06 PM
Master
Hi :)

You can also use singing bowls. I recently got some tingsha's for cleansing stones, which I use along with incense.

Michael Geinger has a small book on 'Purifying Crystals'. It's worth having a flick through that, if your in a bookstore.
Old 10-09-2012, 10:36 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrandedSnowMonkey
Hi :)

You can also use singing bowls. I recently got some tingsha's for cleansing stones, which I use along with incense.

Michael Geinger has a small book on 'Purifying Crystals'. It's worth having a flick through that, if your in a bookstore.

Great advice , I use my singing bowl and white sage. Love Michael Geingers books .

Every situation is an opportunity for healing, learning, growth and transformation.