Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 28-08-2012, 01:05 AM
earthatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
Good idea....

Except it relates to the understanding that your experience of the spirit world differs from others, although you seem to believe it's universal. Instead, there is something truly universal to be discovered beyond all our individual variations in experiences and beliefs.

Xan

I am not assuming their experience is the same as my own. In many cases what people describe is certainly similar and therefore confirmed (in a limited way). Such and such says "I experience XXXX", and I say "That sounds identical to what I have experienced!" My experience of it is secondary, as I care of how one can make sense of the experience for the sake of practical applications (as methods of procedure for accomplishing certain things). One would have to make an interpretation of what is being dealt with, and so this is what I am trying to do.
Old 28-08-2012, 02:02 AM
Master

:) I read your thread and it sounds like my theories and thoughts some time ago, I became trained at recognizing illusions to tell the difference, as no matter your skill if they be a master of illusion it seems impossible to unmask but is fairly easy once trained how, and with the help from those you love and trust, be it the Universe and Light, or just another being. After some time you'll make this step in recognizing illusions and then once you have learned to demask, you can begin to see straight through all there is. Soon enough you'll see that Oneness, the all is One, on an outward expansion from the all is None on the most inner level of self. In the mist we often sit as Individual, and going within and outside self, you learn more on you and all others. Trust in self to stopshowing you illusions and allowing you to see through it, for self is also of Oneness, so you connect with your higher self and all other beings with simple thoughts emotions and words, recognizing these connections is what makes the cords appear.

Project Spirit has set up a energy channel for anyone who needs it. We have it touch down in each country, and net outwards in them. You can access energy from this channel simply by intending to tap into it. Pm me if you'd like more info.

http://www.kindspring.org/
Old 28-08-2012, 11:56 AM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthatic
It was only misleading if you had the wrong expectations. The title is not inaccurate, nor was it my intention to mislead, although I had abandoned a certain structure (that I had originally planned) in order to make the post more concise. The statements in *bold* are to be strongly noted because of their plausibility (and it's to be taken as a big warning), as well as everything else that was said.

When it comes to emotional cleansing, protection rituals...I'm not exactly sure how they work. For me, it was as if I was treating the symptoms instead of the cause, if you know what I mean.

"I have a lingering theory thats why Islam strictly prohibits images of their God because everyone's idea of it in their own minds is likley very different person to person. "

Is it to protect their own subjectivity?? -- or is it to not get them concerned with certain notions that would otherwise bring a false belief? They certainly made descriptions of "Light", "fiery swords", "Ascension from the sky" and things like that can easily create images in a person's mind.
I'm pretty sure that it's not the purpose of the Islamic faith to encourage people to create their own ideas of what/who "Allah" is. I find this a bit confusing...

I wasn't being very deep about it. My point was what I said. My theory on why Islam prohibits images of their god may be since in everyone's mind "God" looks different. Just a theory, that is all.

Well, the title lead people to think there would be something beyond just your own opinions/experiences. That's why I think the title was misleading :)
Old 28-08-2012, 12:26 PM
earthatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mintkiss
I wasn't being very deep about it. My point was what I said. My theory on why Islam prohibits images of their god may be since in everyone's mind "God" looks different. Just a theory, that is all.

Well, the title lead people to think there would be something beyond just your own opinions/experiences. That's why I think the title was misleading :)

It must be delusive to give a cautionary notice if there are also opinions and hard experiences conveyed as well (God forbid)
...how would it be better to give a warning without this, might I ask? Is it better to give warnings without reason?
Old 28-08-2012, 12:51 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
It must be delusive to give a cautionary notice if there are also opinions and hard experiences conveyed as well (God forbid)
...how would it be better to give a warning without this, might I ask? Is it better to give warnings without reason?

The title would of been more accurate if it had been "My Personal Experience Blog On Astral Projection"

Since you asked.
Old 28-08-2012, 01:06 PM
earthatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mintkiss
The title would of been more accurate if it had been "My Personal Experience Blog On Astral Projection"

Since you asked.

If I knew the title would cause so much unnecessary confusion, I definitely would've used something different. This isn't so much about my own experience. I focused on a realized possibility that is quite troubling (to me), and so I share this theory and warning with those of you who are willing to consider it. The main focus is on what these ideas may signify, although I do not clearly state certain things out of respect for other's interpretations.

If you read the original post again, you might understand the gravity of the situation a little better. The title is appropriate.
Old 28-08-2012, 01:40 PM
Neville

Consciousness Projection happens when we dream also, I wondered if such cautions might also be applicable to dreaming.
Old 28-08-2012, 02:21 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
If I knew the title would cause so much unnecessary confusion, I definitely would've used something different. This isn't so much about my own experience. I focused on a realized possibility that is quite troubling (to me), and so I share this theory and warning with those of you who are willing to consider it. The main focus is on what these ideas may signify, although I do not clearly state certain things out of respect for other's interpretations.

If you read the original post again, you might understand the gravity of the situation a little better. The title is appropriate.

I did read the post in its entirety but nothing seemed to me anyways, particularly alarmist or anything I didn't realize/experience before hand. That was why I just gave my understanding of a few things in a hope to better help you gain a full rounded view of what you're exploring right now. Particularly with the negative energies that can be found when people astrally project. That's something often unexpected and really catch people, understandably, off guard.

As for the thought-form section my interpretation is roughly some of your own opinions on mass mind control or something to that effect. I give a metaphoric nod for at least thinking more in that direction. Buddhist principles hold your thoughts and what you chose to think to a high standard for extremely good reason. "You are what you think" is a motto I've often read. Most people don't give their thoughts... ironically, enough thought. It's good you're pondering more in that direction in my opinion. I take no one's opinion as any ultimate truth and don't expect you to take my opinions as any ultimate truth either. Simply, my experiences here may help you better understand the new things you are learning/experiencing.

Why we are receptive that's a rather simple concept for me. Generally speaking, people never stop learning, those open to learning tend to be very receptive. When you are open-minded to spiritual experiences that seems to open a door for many people to be more receptive and you can't always be 100% sure as to what. This is why many spell books carry a warning on it along the lines of "Don't start the journey unless you're prepared for the consequences because you can't undo this step"

Good luck figuring out your personal journey.
Old 28-08-2012, 03:04 PM
earthatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neville
Consciousness Projection happens when we dream also, I wondered if such cautions might also be applicable to dreaming.

The process of "astral projection" and dreaming seem to be related. There are differences in mental states (as some natural process of the mind) or levels of awareness, but there are affined aspects that make certain use of our imagination. It's difficult for me to say why they are related, or what is actually happening during these experiences.

Many cultures believe that "spirits" can send messages through dreams, manifest nightmares, cause sleep paralysis, ect...
Old 28-08-2012, 06:28 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neville

Of course, Neville. Our experience in projections and dreams, as well as ordinary life, largely comes from on our mind's expectations based on the past.

The caution I suggest is, find ways to clear negativity and fears from the subconscious mind so what you attract reflects an open and trusting consciousness.

Or... emanate pure love energy and become a love magnet.

Xan