Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Welcome to Spiritual Forums > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2007, 01:57 AM
Master
For those giving readings on SF, I'd just like to suggest something a friend of mine does in regards to her readings. She has a time-limit on hers...if I remember corrrectly it's 3 months. Anyone who's had a reading from her in the last 3 months, will not receive another from her until it's been more than 3 months. Choosing a time-limit that seems reasonable for you, whether it's longer or shorter than hers, is key to being comfortable with doing readings for people who repeatedly ask for readings from you.

Some people can come to 'rely' on readings for too much...hence my comment about looking for answers outside yourself instead of looking within. I know some people consider asking for multiple readings from different people because they didn't agree with what was said during the first reading, or it didn't seem to have any relevance. But I've learned that just because the recipient of the reading initially does not understand the messages being given to them...it does not mean that it's incorrect. Sometimes we need to sit back and wait for it all to sink in before deciding what exactly we were being told during the reading.

I, personally, have come to view readings as 'last resort.' If I'm just so bogged down in what's going on that I cannot even think straight, then I might consider pulling out my cards or asking someone else for a reading, but only then. But that's just a personal preference.

JOY is the evidence of internal growth ~ Marie Montessori
Old 09-04-2007, 05:04 PM
Ascended Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mother Goose
I just want to say that I agree that the people giving readings should be given the time they need and the respect they deserve for their efforts. I don't know anything about the specifics of what's going on here at SF, but I applaud this measure.

I would also like to remind people asking for readings that guidance can be a very good thing from time to time, it can help you sort things out, but we should not rely on readings to give us all the answers we seek in life. Readings can be very accurate and very helpful, but if you always look outside yourself for the answers, how do you expect to discover your inner guide?

Very well said MG!
Lots of love,
AM
Old 09-04-2007, 05:07 PM
Ascended Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanWaves19161
On a happier note though, those lovely people who have been victims of my readings thankyou for helping me to grow:). Your much appreciated!

Alana

Beautifully put Alana!
The very best of everything!
AM
Closed Thread