Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 22-07-2018, 12:50 PM
Experiencer
Entire room with all walls covered in blue kyanite, fantasy thread :P

Costs about $1,400 for this whole lot and maybe up to $2,000 to import it and all other taxes. Then considering one room in your apartment, or if you live at house with a big garden, consider on building a small 1 room 'house', similar to those ones that most people have where they keep tools and other things. Now, this room would be a zen room. Cover all of it with blue kyanite, left right, ceiling... and the floor to be made out of soft sand. Some window in the ceiling and a few other things that are up to each individual. To do something like this, blue kyanite might be one of the cheapest~ and in the same time, the way it would look when some light would refract over some parts of the wall... not to mention that I would go there and meditate and what not. I think maybe I don't need that much, still it is a fantasy... who knows, one day.... for some reason I think some rich celebrities that buy moldavite in bulk, might be doing something like this

Maybe I won't be doing this as it i quite pricey, but I know I want to build one day a zen room, when I would go there only to relax high quality, meditate, calm, recover... like my own temple. I would never go in there with someone and chat, argue, laugh whatever other energies, but just quality relax. I guess some mandala tapestry, some dream catcher, a corner with shelves and crystals on there... some nice plants maybe.. and some other 'zen' stuff, like some foo dogs and other statues etc. Guess I'll see, either way, whenever it will happen one day, you'll know :)
Old 23-07-2018, 06:26 AM
Experiencer
I think this is a very cool idea Bubbles. I love blue kyanite, I have a huge chunk I keep next to my bed. Just because it looks cool I keep it there, but it's probably metaphysically not the best place for it, as kyanite is known for stimulating conversation. Based on this, maybe kyanite is not the best for your zen temple, but I love the idea.

Personally I wouldn't care what kind of metaphysical properties it has if you really love the look of it. Actually your idea is not far fetched either. I am getting labradorite countertops for my kitchen when I renovate. I sort of thought I would have that done by now, but other priorities overweigh when mortgage payments must be made.

There is a couple really nice types of stone that you could buy in bulk that wouldn't be too expensive, especially if you weren't too picky if it was more industrial grade vs gem quality. For example an amethyst or rose quartz room would be pretty cool....
Old 24-07-2018, 10:20 AM
Experiencer
Well, I think it is said that is known to stimulate conversation because of it's associated color with the throat chakra, but personally I wouldn't put the spot on this. Blue Kyanite is more known to bring all of the chakras into alignment. I think as in regards to communication it helps on being true to yourself (and of course, that means to stand for yourself and speak your truth and don't get brainwashed or manipulated by others.

I thought of Kyanite as this would be one of the cheapest in bulk. Oh and yes, of course I would love Amethyst as well. Rose quartz is pretty okay too. Eventually I might do a combination of selenite, amethyst, rose quartz.... calming and high vibration. Or maybe I will win the lottery and spend it all on the entire supply of Moldavite available on the market. Talking about going crazy

Some excerpt "Blue Kyanite open you to spiritual honesty, and may help spiritual energy to flow through to your thoughts. make contact with my guardian spirit. Relax into meditation, simply leave it there for however long seems right for you. You will know intuitively when the chakras are aligned, and it won't take long. In meditation it has the potential to open the third eye, which will promote telepathy, clairvoyant gifts and other psychic abilities. it is a stone-bridge to reach the 'other' realms., takes you easily to the higher spiritual realms. Kyanite is said to never need cleansing as it does not build up negative vibrations"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal canuck
Actually your idea is not far fetched either. I am getting labradorite countertops for my kitchen when I renovate.

would be pretty cool....

I'm already being jelly

omg, I bet you will hop on the kitchen's table (or countertops) and meditate there, do yoga or something =) joke. but on a second thought, maybe not joking xD

You should brag on when you do it with pics, we're all waiting :)
Old 24-07-2018, 08:05 PM
Experiencer
Hi Bubbles ! Yes that is exactly the type of thing I will be going for, nice pictures ! I want countertops that are flashy and fun, not something boring. I have talked to some contractors that tell me getting this done will be a similar price to quartz or granite, so I figure why not get something really fun, I think it will look stunning.

My plan for the kitchen is to make the labradorite countertops the main attraction, and the walls a bright white, with tasteful but modern white cupboards, and hell we might even go with a white floor, but that is undecided. I think with modern stainless appliances the labradorite countertop with white kitchen will look great. We have lots of colorful things to accent with so the white is a nice neutral and brings in lots of light, which will help the labradorite with it's play of colors. White is totally underrated, we are planning on painting our entire townhouse a bright white. But think for a moment, it's a great canvas for art, and brings in lots of light, and when done properly looks modern. I'm talking cupboard doors and trim, everything white.

I will of course be bragging to high hell once it's done and post pictures, but like I said I am late doing the renovation because of other priorities, but it's not really important, the kitchen works just fine, just something I want to do to make the place modern ( well that's debateable with the route I'm going ) and to make me happy.
Old 26-07-2018, 12:10 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal canuck
Hi Bubbles ! Yes that is exactly the type of thing I will be going for, nice pictures ! I want countertops that are flashy and fun, not something boring. I have talked to some contractors that tell me getting this done will be a similar price to quartz or granite, so I figure why not get something really fun, I think it will look stunning.

My plan for the kitchen is to make the labradorite countertops the main attraction, and the walls a bright white, with tasteful but modern white cupboards, and hell we might even go with a white floor, but that is undecided. I think with modern stainless appliances the labradorite countertop with white kitchen will look great. We have lots of colorful things to accent with so the white is a nice neutral and brings in lots of light, which will help the labradorite with it's play of colors. White is totally underrated, we are planning on painting our entire townhouse a bright white. But think for a moment, it's a great canvas for art, and brings in lots of light, and when done properly looks modern. I'm talking cupboard doors and trim, everything white.

I will of course be bragging to high hell once it's done and post pictures, but like I said I am late doing the renovation because of other priorities, but it's not really important, the kitchen works just fine, just something I want to do to make the place modern ( well that's debateable with the route I'm going ) and to make me happy.

Sounds like a good plan. Yes, the white floor in the kitchen takes quite some bold nerves to do it. You should know yourself and consider if you usually like to clean everything up daily or if you just clean the house once a week or so. Some people maintain a clean kitchen perfectly fine, daily. Other, just do it when it looks like it needs cleaning. When it comes to a white floor, you should be in the first category. I don't know why I am writing this, you already know these things Overall, white is a great color if it is the white-white color and not some form of white, meaning it needs to be an exceptional speckles white. Again, I am writing nonsense

When you speak of townhouse, all I can think of is this. wow. I like white if the 'job' is done right. It gives opportunity in bringing value to house accessories such as paintings, statues etc. Get some Foo Dogs statues =) Ha, no need to spend money on that.

In my opinion white goes great especially on a minimalist style, although I think you might not be doing that, I still think it should look good. Just a note, just in case you are using canvas images to hang on walls, don't buy what you find in shopts, instead check on pinterest for pictures you like, find a big size and then do custom canvas. Maybe you don't like canvas and prefer legit oil paintings, that's fine. All I am saying is that it is much more beautiful to have a painting of something you really like and feel like it has some meaning to you, rather than some ladybug bug zoom on a drop of water... not that it wouldn't look nice but there's always room best better nicererer. I don't feel like I contributed much to the discussion, this was more like a ramble, but yes, we will be waiting for pics whenever that may be
Old 27-07-2018, 07:17 AM
Experiencer
HI Bubbles ! My townhouse isn't as grand as that photo in your link, that looks amazing. I am proud of it in my own way however, it was built in 1981 and it's a fairly modern chalet style 4 level townhouse. My favorite feature is that is has 3 full size balconies and no yard ! This is actually the perfect thing for us because we don't like yard work but love to hang outside sometimes. In my city, of Victoria BC, real estate is very expensive, and an average detached house of any sort is close to 1 million dollars average price, a townhouse is the next best thing, and because of the low maintenance I actually prefer it.

I am not totally sold on the white floor, as you mention it has it's drawbacks, just an idea we are throwing around. What we are sold on is

- Labradorite countertops
- White modern cupboards
- bright white paint for walls

Maybe the floor we will go imitation hardwood. The kind of composite that is water resistant and more durable than actual hardwood. Sounds kind of weird for a kitchen but in modern homes this is becoming almost standard.

Not really going minimalist ,you are right about that, but the white walls provide excellent backdrop for all the real art we have acquired. Real originals that are oil paintings and so forth. Not that I don't like ladybugs, cause they are cool too. When you have lots of great art, plants, and of course crystals to decorate, it makes sense to go with a white background I think.
Old 27-07-2018, 07:17 AM
Experiencer
Deleting double post