Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 29-07-2017, 01:38 AM
Seeker

Nondual Teachings of Christ

I just read a series of booklets on this topic and I found it resonating with me. I like a lot of what the gnostic gospels teach and this author tied other belief paths into his interpretations as well (Zen Buddhism for example). Anyway, if anyone is interested, it is a great topic to research. :) Blessed be.
Old 30-07-2017, 04:01 AM
Pathfinder
I like the Gospels of Thomas & Philip
They're both on Youtube.
Also feel free to check out: askrealjesus.com for more modern words of Christ.
Old 30-07-2017, 12:08 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngnostic
I like the Gospels of Thomas & Philip
They're both on Youtube.
Also feel free to check out: askrealjesus.com for more modern words of Christ.

Thank you. :) I have requested the Gospel of Thomas from my library. I have read the Gospel of Mary Magdalene and the Book of Enoch as well. Thanks for the links! I will definitely check them out.
Old 30-07-2017, 01:17 PM
Master
Jesus' "Love your neighbor as yourself" is an awesome expression of non-duality if one dives deeply into what that statement really implies.

P.S. The Gospel of Thomas is one of my favorite Christian scriptures.
Old 30-07-2017, 05:18 PM
Master
What is love comes to my mind first? Love is universal, we all know what love is when we are touched by love.

Non-duality, does it include love?

Harden not your hearts Jesus would also say. Love expands the heart, what is in the heart that expands.

Mind, non-duality, and the heart. Are they one?

I'm in love with Jesus because his words and life truly revealed that he was love incarnate.

If non-duality awareness leads one away from this love of the Christ, which I believe it does not, then it's useless.

Last edited by Nowayout : 30-07-2017 at 06:42 PM.
Old 30-07-2017, 10:07 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowayout
What is love comes to my mind first? Love is universal, we all know what love is when we are touched by love.

Harden not your hearts Jesus would also say. Love expands the heart, what is in the heart that expands.

I'm in love with Jesus because his words and life truly revealed that he was love incarnate.

If non-duality awareness leads one away from this love of the Christ, which I believe it does not, then it's useless.

Bhakti Yoga is the path of devotion. It may be devotion to an ideal or an individual. That individual may be represented by a photograph or something more symbolic such as a statue or the cross (for those devoted to the Christ).

Bhakti Yoga is primarily for those of a certain temperament, those whose emotional body naturally gravitates towards the path of idealism and devotion.

Bhakti Yoga is love characterised by separation - there is the devotee and the object of devotion, linked by the act of devotion.

Non-duality is love without the separation. This love simply allows all to be whatever it is. In non-duality there is no specific object of devotion, because all is seen as the Self. Some people may not even call this love, but there is an all-inclusive expansion of the heart to embrace all of creation, because we know that we are that and there is no separation between our Being and any part of creation.

Both Bhakti Yoga and Advaita (non-duality) also involve surrender. The Bhakti Yogi surrenders his or her will to the object of devotion to become an instrument of service. The Advaitist surrenders to the reality of what is, the reality of whatever arises in each moment, knowing that all is the Self.

So I would suggest that Advaita and Bhakti Yoga are different, but not necessarily contradictory.

Peace.
Old 30-07-2017, 10:20 PM
Master
Thanks for the thoughtful reply...

Peace and light.
Old 31-07-2017, 02:36 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowayout

I can't speak for others, but in my personal experience, it brought me closer to experiencing the love of Christ in my life. :)
Old 31-07-2017, 11:33 PM
Master

Devotion to Christ is no more or less connected to Oneness than anything else manifesting, including all that is disliked and opposed.
Old 01-08-2017, 01:41 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikaela Kurahla
I can't speak for others, but in my personal experience, it brought me closer to experiencing the love of Christ in my life. :)

I was born and raised a Christion so I had it feed to me from day one. I had great parents, we went to church every Sunday, my father was a good man and my mother outstanding too.

I still consider myself a Christian in a mystical way. Having faith in a living God that loves you can be very profound. I like the gnostic texts and Have read some also. They put a different spin on the life of Christ.

Anyway, these days I'm open to many possibilities, life is large. The Christ is remarkable no doubt. God incarnate if you buy into it. I'm in love with the cosmic Christ. The living Christ, the Christ of all compassion and love. The Buddha is right up there too...