Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 03-10-2010, 09:12 PM
Master
if we come from light why the need to "evolve"

I have heard various theroies that we are God here to expierence awareness, some say we have the choice too, others say it is mandatory.. others say the counsel we encounter afterdeath guilts us into reincarnating..

honestly I have no idea.. It's recently been brought to my attention the Lords of Karma existing? I thought the soul was it's own judge guess not.. there are plenty of people that have had near death exp's where there souls are front of a council and higher self is advocating for them or they encounter beings that tell them they have to go back.. one of the most frightening was the man that dreamed of different energies fighting over what to do with his soul.. i was told there was a battle of spirit going on in the heavens dont know if either side is really good for us

personally i feel on a grand scale we are here for the expierence.. and possibly have been trapped in this process, maybe even used
Old 03-10-2010, 09:26 PM
EmergingPath

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuriousSnowflake
One thing this idea explains away that has always been an Achilles Heel to reincarnationists is the fact that more than one person often claims to have been a particular person in a past life. If we are each individual souls, how can more than one person have "past life memories" of being Shakespeare or John Lennon or Mary Magdalene? Yet more than one person claims to be the reincarnation of this or the other famous person all the time.

That does not speak one way or another about reincarnation.

People claim to be Jesus Christ, does that toss out the Christians concept of their 2nd Coming or is it just an individual(s) with some personal ego or mental issues?
Old 04-10-2010, 03:29 AM
Coming2

It is my experience that we do have a choice whether to incarnate or not. I think an important thing to remember though is that our time in our true home can be hundreds to thousands of years in length.It is my understanding that in order to ascend we must go through our lifetimes learning the lessons we have set before us. As we grow as incarnated souls we advance further in the spiritual world so the drive to incarnate for some is stronger than others. Some souls find happiness just as they are where others want to grow closer to The Divine Creator of The Universe. I am not saying that those who choose to stay in spirit are not closely connected to the Source of all Things but we can aspire to be completely enfolded in God Light and become part of the whole.

This is my experience as it was in my Life Between Lives Regression...I can only speak from my own personal experience.
Old 04-10-2010, 04:49 AM
CuriousSnowflake

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenK
Now you realize of course, that your entire post is base on beliefs and assumptions as they've aligned for you over the years. This is pretty much
the case with all of our posts on this subject. We're tossing out the best that we feel we know based on our experience to date.

Oh, of course, that's why the first few sentences of my post all start with "I believe". These are just my ideas, as they are now. They are very different from how they were a few years ago, they will most likely be very different again a few years down the road. For now, though, I find my beliefs to be logical and internally consistent, which I think is the best any of us can do.

Quote:
The key here is not to be overly committed to any one view over another. For even if we're fairly close to enumerating the actual structure as it truly exists
for our souls, we'll still not be fully aligned with it's significance while still human. Based on current physical limitations we're basically left with extrapolations.
None of which we should be going-to-the-mat to defend.

It seems to me that our tendency to do so is something of a hang-over from a lifetime of being exposed to religious indoctrinations at one level
or another. Pretty much all religions have at their core a set of highly processed beliefs. As the soul goes these beliefs are primarily empty calories.
And yet the religious communities push these beliefs through the pure act of "insistence". They picture this story-lined reality and then
"insist" that it's so.

The bane of most "believers" is the assumption that the narrative is already in place, it's now up to them to align to it.... and then it's their-bad if they don't.

When approaching our spiritual natures it's really, really, really wise to leave this part of our conditioning behind us. Less emphasis on "thought" and
a greater adherence on direct experience. How do we feel when we're around others individually. What are the implications that arise from these connections.
That focus alone could encompass a lifetime... and leave us with an intense appreciation for the manor in which ourselves and others
tend to create through our thoughts and emotional interactions.

Why we are what we are and what we'll eventually become at this state is basically irrelevant. We'll get an upload on that within moments of passing-over.
For our time here now is to observe and to ingest. And to wisely hold everything else with an open palm.... :^)

Nicely put, I agree.

CS
Old 04-10-2010, 04:55 AM
CuriousSnowflake

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmergingPath
That does not speak one way or another about reincarnation.

People claim to be Jesus Christ, does that toss out the Christians concept of their 2nd Coming or is it just an individual(s) with some personal ego or mental issues?

I personally see it as a flaw in the traditional, one-soul-progressing-through-many-lives reincarnative structure. If, OTOH, you see it as I do, One Soul experiencing many lives, such phenomena as multiple people having past life memories of being Elizabeth I make perfect sense.

CS
Old 04-10-2010, 11:51 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosewater
if we come from light why the need to "evolve"

I have heard various theroies that we are God here to expierence awareness, some say we have the choice too, others say it is mandatory.. others say the counsel we encounter afterdeath guilts us into reincarnating..

honestly I have no idea.. It's recently been brought to my attention the Lords of Karma existing? I thought the soul was it's own judge guess not.. there are plenty of people that have had near death exp's where there souls are front of a council and higher self is advocating for them or they encounter beings that tell them they have to go back.. one of the most frightening was the man that dreamed of different energies fighting over what to do with his soul.. i was told there was a battle of spirit going on in the heavens dont know if either side is really good for us

personally i feel on a grand scale we are here for the expierence.. and possibly have been trapped in this process, maybe even used

That pretty much fits in with my own beliefs and answers so many things for me so thanks for the confirmation, Rosewater. I can get so much from this you wouldn't believe.

As Below, so Above. As much as we would like to think ourselves as Beings of Light and all the other Spiritual techno-babble you want to use here, I doubt very much that this is indeed the case and that account would verify that for me. The bit about death being a barrier has probably been done to death (oops lol) but if it isn't so much of a barrier then how many human traits do we take with us into the Spirit world? Is it like flipping a switch where one minute we're walking talking bags of water with all of which that entails, we die and we suddenly become Beings of Light with the associated sunshine and roses? I remember reading in some of the posts on here that we take a little time to 're-adjust' to becoming Spirit again, mediums have said that people who have passed into Spirit need a little time before coming through to Loved Ones again. If we are taking that into the Spirit world, what else are we taking with us because we choose to?

If we are here to evolve then how much have we really evolved? Let's see, we don't do power struggles any more because that's a huge part of the reason Atlantis fell. Wrong! We don't do genocide. Wrong again! We don't do..... Wrong again. Apart from technologically how much have we really progressed? If we are here to learn, are we really learning or are we stuck in the same mindset whether human or Spirit?

How many times must we go around in these circles before we realise that what we are forgetting is what makes us human? That's what we need to learn and never forget, in human form nor in Spirit.
Old 05-10-2010, 01:09 AM
Master
your welcome :) glad to someone else is on the same page. It's a shame we were actually more spirtually evolved/aware during the time of Atlantis then we are now.. i think we are just repeating cycles/paradigms/archetypes.

it's interesting you stated "as above so below".. i often wonder if this counsel or another group is misleading us for their own selfish gain.. why else keep ancient knowledge etc from us? just a thought

Last edited by Roselove : 05-10-2010 at 03:23 PM.
Old 05-10-2010, 03:01 AM
StephenK

Quote:
Oh, of course, that's why the first few sentences of my post all start with "I believe". These are just my ideas, as they are now. They are very different from how they were a few years ago, they will most likely be very different again a few years down the road. For now, though, I find my beliefs to be logical and internally consistent, which I think is the best any of us can do.
CS

Amen! I very much like how you put that CurioiusSF! I pretty much adhere to the same within myself, with a very wide door open for new as it forms.
But I have to admit... that "new" would have to be very very good.. and would likely come about through direct experience, as it usually does from time to time.

We truly live in a magical universe, but as humans it seems that we drink this in slowly, in contrast to the
pure flood, by comparison, that pours through us when interacting with the other side. :^)
Old 05-10-2010, 04:48 AM
CuriousSnowflake

Quote:
Amen! I very much like how you put that CurioiusSF! I pretty much adhere to the same within myself, with a very wide door open for new as it forms.
But I have to admit... that "new" would have to be very very good.. and would likely come about through direct experience, as it usually does from time to time.

We truly live in a magical universe, but as humans it seems that we drink this in slowly, in contrast to the
pure flood, by comparison, that pours through us when interacting with the other side. :^)

The human experience is what it is, and is as it should and must be. IMHO, the vast majority of us seal ourselves off from the greater part of the truth of Who We Are, not because of some shortcoming, but because doing so is necessary in order for us to experience certain things. If we only experienced light and love, how could we truly appreciate it? Only through the existence of darkness and despair can light and love ever have meaning. Thus, to be human means to sometimes become who we are not (at our deepest level) in order to grok in fullness Who We Are.

CS
Old 05-10-2010, 10:27 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
The human experience is what it is, and is as it should and must be. IMHO, the vast majority of us seal ourselves off from the greater part of the truth of Who We Are, not because of some shortcoming, but because doing so is necessary in order for us to experience certain things. If we only experienced light and love, how could we truly appreciate it? Only through the existence of darkness and despair can light and love ever have meaning. Thus, to be human means to sometimes become who we are not (at our deepest level) in order to grok in fullness Who We Are.

CS

And therein lies the lesson, Curious. Strange, you used the word 'grok'. I read a book many years ago with that very word, can't remember much about it but it certainly stirred my imagination back then. The soup needed a little more salt, and that little bit bit spoke volumes for me. You also use the phrase 'who we are not', it often makes me wonder if many are missing something here because they seek who they are. Sometimes you have to flip the coin, eh?

I often wonder what we would do with the Ancient Knowledge - what is being done. Perhaps we do enough damage with what we have now, busily doing what we shouldn't instead of what we should. Y'see, that's a huge part of the 'bigger picture' for me, we talk about reincarnation and we try to work out the connections between this Life and a Past Life. How many times are things discussed in a wider context, are we willingly putting the blinkers on? Are we prisoners in Plato's Allegory of the Cave by choice or design?

Rosewater, your council or group is perhaps for another thread, but I do understand where you're coming from.

That's the only way to do it, Stephen. We can sit back and watch it or we can get our sleeves rolled up and get stuck it. All aboard the SkyLark :-)