Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 06-01-2012, 02:21 AM
chris851

Pins and Needles?

Hello everyone, hope you enjoyed the New Year celebrations!

I have a quick question, I have been mediating on and off recently, usually I feel pressure on my crown while mediating.

However tonight I began feeling pins and needles that ran down my side right and onto part of my face, but no crown pressure. I have to say it was probably one of the deepest mediations, at one point I almost felt myself "go" whilst in the mediation if that makes sense.

Was I doing something wrong to be experiencing pins and needles?

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Light

Chris
Old 08-01-2012, 05:15 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris851
Hello everyone, hope you enjoyed the New Year celebrations!

I have a quick question, I have been mediating on and off recently, usually I feel pressure on my crown while mediating.

However tonight I began feeling pins and needles that ran down my side right and onto part of my face, but no crown pressure. I have to say it was probably one of the deepest mediations, at one point I almost felt myself "go" whilst in the mediation if that makes sense.

Was I doing something wrong to be experiencing pins and needles?

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Light

Chris

Could I ask you, did the pins and needles kinda sweep over that area, or did the pins and needles happen all over the area at once?
Old 08-01-2012, 04:03 PM
chris851

Hi Gem,

I can't remember, it seemed to just appear and it would move between my arm and face, like the sensation would be stronger in my arm then move to my face, and then back to arm. Does that make sense?

Thanks

Chris
Old 08-01-2012, 04:36 PM
Master
Quote:
Hi Gem,

I can't remember, it seemed to just appear and it would move between my arm and face, like the sensation would be stronger in my arm then move to my face, and then back to arm. Does that make sense?

Thanks

Chris

Yep, not exactly pins and needles then, coz pins and needles doesn't move around.

I had similar progression of the head tingling... then later on a feeling like moving pins and needles...

It can't be doing something wrong, that sensation just occured and who'd have known that would happen?

My experience is, the meditation causes new sensations that were not noticed before as the mind gets deeper and perceives more subtle body sensations, so it's a positive sign I think.
Old 10-01-2012, 12:47 AM
chris851

Thanks Gem, i'll be mediating again in the next day or so. It will be interesting to see if these sensations return or if i'll feel something different :-)
Old 10-01-2012, 05:33 AM
Master
Quote:
Thanks Gem, i'll be mediating again in the next day or so. It will be interesting to see if these sensations return or if i'll feel something different :-)

Yes exactly.

One of the problems we can have is desiring something we remember, make an attachment to a pleasent sensation and try to find it again, but you can not find what isn't there, so remain aware of what is.