Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 10-01-2018, 03:14 PM
Experiencer

This life could have been a perfect utopia

If there is a god or some sort of all loving, all just entity who is all powerful, then he could have created the perfect utopia life for us all. But he chose not to. So, it is his fault for not having done so when he had the power to do so all along. If he had done so, then so many people would not fall into the traps of so much misfortune and suffering. There are forms of suffering in this world that are simply unjust and should not have ever existed. Such forms of suffering are nothing good and yield no means of personal growth and development. They are nothing more than sheer torture. Furthermore, some people are born into this world, suffering agonizing torment, and just die shortly. Some life that is! That is just pointless suffering and such agonizing, pointless suffering would not have existed if this being or god created the perfect utopia life for us all.
Old 10-01-2018, 07:42 PM
Master

This is your story about how God should be and how creation should be and how life should be. You believe this story, and therefore you suffer. You suffer because creation and life on this planet do not conform to your story about how things should be.

Why not let go of your story? It serves no purpose and only seems to make you unhappy.

And perhaps if you let go of your story you will see the magnificent beauty of the universe we live in. And perhaps you will discover that Creation is a work in progress, and the end result will be the utopia you desire.

And if you let go of your story then perhaps you will glimpse the perfection which surrounds us, and you will realise that our brief lives have purpose and meaning. And maybe you will go within and discover your own perfection, that spark of the Divine which is what you are.

So why not let go of your story and embrace what is?

Peace.
Old 11-01-2018, 02:34 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattMVS7
If there is a god or some sort of all loving, all just entity who is all powerful, then he could have created the perfect utopia life for us all. But he chose not to. So, it is his fault for not having done so when he had the power to do so all along. If he had done so, then so many people would not fall into the traps of so much misfortune and suffering. There are forms of suffering in this world that are simply unjust and should not have ever existed. Such forms of suffering are nothing good and yield no means of personal growth and development. They are nothing more than sheer torture. Furthermore, some people are born into this world, suffering agonizing torment, and just die shortly. Some life that is! That is just pointless suffering and such agonizing, pointless suffering would not have existed if this being or god created the perfect utopia life for us all.

wow. gonna lament again about how bad life is eh?

God is not some king of the clouds with the eye that sees all and the power to control all. That understanding is like 2,000 years old and based primarily off the observations of society before they knew the earth was even round. Look at the pain its causing you. look at the pain its causing others. its a faulty understanding and has much room for improvement, so seek to improve it if you don't want the same old pain. Find the belief that causes you the least amount of pain.

You are part of God, you can create the life you want, you have the power. stop the blame game if you want to stop the pain its causing.

In Gods ultimate love he gave us freedom. People bring suffering on themselves, mostly through the beliefs they have, the experiences they lived, and the perspective they choose. You can change your perspective at any time so thats where most people start.

sounds harsh. but I've seen you for years in the same pity party and it hurts me. This is the form my compassion takes right now, the form of tough love. sorry but im not really that sorry. I wish you well. bye.
Old 11-01-2018, 04:01 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivatar
wow. gonna lament again about how bad life is eh?

God is not some king of the clouds with the eye that sees all and the power to control all. That understanding is like 2,000 years old and based primarily off the observations of society before they knew the earth was even round. Look at the pain its causing you. look at the pain its causing others. its a faulty understanding and has much room for improvement, so seek to improve it if you don't want the same old pain. Find the belief that causes you the least amount of pain.

You are part of God, you can create the life you want, you have the power. stop the blame game if you want to stop the pain its causing.

In Gods ultimate love he gave us freedom. People bring suffering on themselves, mostly through the beliefs they have, the experiences they lived, and the perspective they choose. You can change your perspective at any time so thats where most people start.

sounds harsh. but I've seen you for years in the same pity party and it hurts me. This is the form my compassion takes right now, the form of tough love. sorry but im not really that sorry. I wish you well. bye.

God giving us the freedom to bring suffering upon ourselves is not love, in my opinion. If only he restricted us to a blissful utopia life where it would have been impossible to bring suffering upon ourselves, then that would be love, in my opinion. Let's pretend that there was a father and a son. Would it be more loving for the father to tell the son that he is free to either harm himself or bring his life joy and allow the son to choose? Or, would it be more loving for the father to prevent the possibility of that son harming himself in the first place by, for example, taking away the knives in his room and removing all other factors that would result in the son harming himself?
Old 11-01-2018, 04:53 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
You believe this story, and therefore you suffer.
but what if one also sees the story.

Last edited by lemex : 11-01-2018 at 07:20 PM.
Old 11-01-2018, 05:03 PM
Master

I think both sides are correct.

Last edited by lemex : 11-01-2018 at 07:20 PM.
Old 11-01-2018, 10:58 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattMVS7
God giving us the freedom to bring suffering upon ourselves is not love, in my opinion. If only he restricted us to a blissful utopia life where it would have been impossible to bring suffering upon ourselves, then that would be love, in my opinion. Let's pretend that there was a father and a son. Would it be more loving for the father to tell the son that he is free to either harm himself or bring his life joy and allow the son to choose? Or, would it be more loving for the father to prevent the possibility of that son harming himself in the first place by, for example, taking away the knives in his room and removing all other factors that would result in the son harming himself?

Your opinion is based on your experiences, which you have described as nothing short of hell. Is it any surprise that your idea of heaven is the opposite of what you hated to experience?

BTW without freedom of choice we would be robots. whats the point of existence as robots?

That is the basis of parenthood... you show children what is possible and allow them to choose.

Being so overbearing and overprotective is not healthy. it's based, again, off your desire to avoid pain. It's biased. I hope you understand that.

And people don't stop children from harming themselves by taking away weapons, they do it by loving them. IF there is no love, no matter how overbearing, overprotecting, controlling they are the child will find a way to hurt themselves.

Even if they put them in a straight jacket, the child would go inside their mind and hurt theirself without drawing one drop of blood. The mental pain would be just as bad.

By the way I'm not trying to argue with you or dismiss your beliefs and experiences. it's just that I see you stumbling over the same problems and other people reply to you with kindness but it goes nowhere. IMO the way I'm talking to you now is the best way to to reach you on the frequency that you are on.
Old 11-01-2018, 11:04 PM
Pathfinder

This life could be a utopia if we could stop attaching ourselves to the outcome of it.
Old 11-01-2018, 11:05 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowzie
This life could be a utopia if we could stop attaching ourselves to the outcome of it.

that means it already is a utopia, but our perspective is what's wrong. which is also what sages have said for millenia.

+1
Old 11-01-2018, 11:51 PM
Master

Well, before I incarnated Matt, I chose this horrible life. I don't agree that I can choose the type of life I want during the incarnation by changing my thoughts to positive ones. I chose what I wanted to learn before I came here. I chose my parents, time era, and in doing so I chose the abuse I suffered as a child. It was my task to transcend that abuse, work through it and conquer it. And I have though it took 50 years to do so.