Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Faeries, Elementals, Nature Spirits, & Woodland Creatures

Old 24-01-2011, 03:17 PM
Danii-Marie

Haha...sorry i didnt mean for it too come across like that.
I knew you wasnt being rude at all
What i ment is i dont know why i hadnt just researched it through google, i do everything else so when i read it i felt a bit stupid for just not doing that in the first place....
Sorry and thank you
Old 24-01-2011, 03:29 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danii-Marie
Haha...sorry i didnt mean for it too come across like that.
I knew you wasnt being rude at all
What i ment is i dont know why i hadnt just researched it through google, i do everything else so when i read it i felt a bit stupid for just not doing that in the first place....
Sorry and thank you

Cool but no need to apologize, i just wanted to make sure that what I meant and what I wrote come across the same...LOL

Ted Andrews has an awesome book out on this subject called 'Animal Speak'.
It is a great ref and he is an awesome man.
By the way...it was great to meet you.................Have a great day....James
Old 24-01-2011, 06:21 PM
iolite

I've always have been drawn to cats. As a child, we had dogs, but never cats as my mother wouldn't allow it. My sister and I discovered three kittens in the azaleas in our back yard and I remember pulling our wagon up and down our street until we'd had found homes for them. Once as a teenager, I dreamed I was standing on a beach at low tide and off in the distance on a sand bar stood a handsome cougar. We stood there, he and I, just staring at one another. I felt no fear.

Now as an adult, I have cats in my life. I currently have 4 cats and a couple of years ago, I fostered a stray young momma and her 2 week old kittens. She was infested with fleas and skin and bones and unable to produce enough milk to feed her kits. If I hadn't gone to the SPCA and fostered them, they'd probably all would have died. As it was, we lost one of the six. They're all grown up now (mom included) and in loving homes.

But no matter where ever I am and I see a cat, or one of it's large cousins, I am completely enamored. I often think of that dream and that cougar.
Old 24-01-2011, 06:30 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by iolite
I've always have been drawn to cats. As a child, we had dogs, but never cats as my mother wouldn't allow it. My sister and I discovered three kittens in the azaleas in our back yard and I remember pulling our wagon up and down our street until we'd had found homes for them. Once as a teenager, I dreamed I was standing on a beach at low tide and off in the distance on a sand bar stood a handsome cougar. We stood there, he and I, just staring at one another. I felt no fear.

Now as an adult, I have cats in my life. I currently have 4 cats and a couple of years ago, I fostered a stray young momma and her 2 week old kittens. She was infested with fleas and skin and bones and unable to produce enough milk to feed her kits. If I hadn't gone to the SPCA and fostered them, they'd probably all would have died. As it was, we lost one of the six. They're all grown up now (mom included) and in loving homes.

But no matter where ever I am and I see a cat, or one of it's large cousins, I am completely enamored. I often think of that dream and that cougar.

I read once.......and then noticed myself........... how cats snuggle up more than usual if they sense illness or emotional frustration in their owners.
Have you noticed that?
I also noticed how they respond to not being shown love if they are overlooked for too long and also how positively they respond if they are.
Cool animal.
My main animal is the Great Horned owl.................sometimes known as the "the night cat"

James
Old 24-01-2011, 06:38 PM
iolite

Yes they do, and they sometimes are jealous. Cats are always up for a good nap. Salem usually starts the night off sleeping with me. He'll even come downstairs to come get me, if I'm up late. I have a photo of me holding my daughter, as an infant, and my cat Garfield perched in my arms, on my chest. He would get in a huff and jump down, if he was in my lap and Bogart jumped up for cuddles too. He adored Bogart and the two of them slept and played together, but he wouldn't share me with him, lol.
Old 24-01-2011, 06:42 PM
iolite

Yes they do, and they sometimes are jealous. Cats are always up for a good nap. Salem usually starts the night off sleeping with me. He'll even come downstairs to come get me, if I'm up late. I have a photo of me holding my daughter, as an infant, and my cat Garfield perched in my arms, on my chest. He would get in a huff and jump down, if he was in my lap and Bogart jumped up for cuddles too. He adored Bogart and the two of them slept and played together, but he wouldn't share me with him, lol.

It's funny how if one comes for cuddles, I end up with the dog coming for cuddles and one of the other cats that are downstairs. Some want cuddles every day, several times a day and one maybe only once a day, from all three of us. They're all fuzzy little love sponges.
Old 24-01-2011, 06:48 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by iolite

It's funny how if one comes for cuddles, I end up with the dog coming for cuddles and one of the other cats that are downstairs. Some want cuddles every day, several times a day and one maybe only once a day, from all three of us. They're all fuzzy little love sponges.

Ha!
My poor wife has our cat follow her to bed every night followed by him sleeping right I top of her!
I say 'our' cat but for some reason he is definately 'her' cat. I'm just the guy that feeds him and pets him when I walk by him....lol
Old 29-01-2011, 04:53 PM
claymation

If there is any animal totem that I should follow it would have to be the horned toad. I grew up with these things my whole life and always felt a connection with them.
Interestingly, I caught a small one a while back and took a pic of it and later that day I found a crystal that looked just like the baby horned toad in my hand.
Old 31-01-2011, 04:27 PM
Widdles55

Mine is a rhino and it fits me very well, I havnt had to use my "horn" since high school :) things aren't what they seem in my case... I have a spider as a spirit guide who inpsires me with music