Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 01-12-2010, 03:28 PM
Racer X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
'thoughts that rest on false perceptions"

A gem.

I catch myself - my thoughts - doing that occasionally and knock it off fast with a smile of recognition of what is happening. Ha!
Thank you, Racer

and Thank-you

Yes, thoughts which are not true continue to rise over and over until we shine the Light of Consciousness on them!

Old 01-12-2010, 03:29 PM
Racer X

Lesson 335 ~ I choose to see my brother’s sinlessness.

Forgiveness is a choice. I never see my brother as he is, for that is far beyond perception. What I see in him is merely what I wish to see, because it stands for what I want to be the truth. It is to this alone that I respond, however much I seem to be impelled by outside happenings. I choose to see what I would look upon, and this I see, and only this. My brother’s sinlessness shows me that I would look upon my own. And I will see it, having chosen to behold my brother in its holy light.
What could restore Your memory to me, except to see my brother’s sinlessness? His holiness reminds me that he was created one with me, and like myself. In him I find my Self, and in Your Son I find the memory of You as well.
Old 01-12-2010, 03:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer X
and Thank-you
Yes, thoughts which are not true continue to rise over and over until we shine the Light of Consciousness on them!
You shine a light of consciousness on yours ---I blast mine with a slammed door, railroad barriers with
flashing lights "Do Not Enter Dangerous Intersection", a brick wall and if that doesn't work---
chocolate cake.

Wink: Your method may be better.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 02-12-2010, 07:07 PM
Racer X

Lesson 336 ~ Forgiveness lets me know that minds are joined.

Posted by johnc in Daily Lessons From A Course In Miracles on 2 December 2010 | no responses
Forgiveness is the means appointed for perception’s ending. Knowledge is restored after perception first is changed, and then gives way entirely to what remains forever past its highest reach. For sights and sounds, at best, can serve but to recall the memory that lies beyond them all. Forgiveness sweeps away distortions, and opens the hidden altar to the truth. Its lilies shine into the mind, and call it to return and look within, to find what it has vainly sought without. For here, and only here, is peace of mind restored, for this the dwelling place of God Himself.
In quiet may forgiveness wipe away my dreams of separation and of sin. Then let me, Father, look within, and find Your promise of my sinlessness is kept; Your Word remains unchanged within my mind, Your Love is still abiding in my heart.

I no longer use chocolate cake.....lol
I still enjoy chocolate, I just use 100% Cacao melted in a bowl of steel cut oats with ground flax meal, ground hemp seed, sweetened with Stevia topped with blueberries and a touch of Pure Maple syrup.

Gently shift from the primal (reactive mind-emotion) to the Higher Being, it is already IN YOU. Let it gently guide you out of the primal forest of yesterdays dream. One moment at a time.........
Old 02-12-2010, 10:49 PM
Quote:
I no longer use chocolate cake.....lol
I still enjoy chocolate, I just use 100% Cacao melted in a bowl of steel cut oats with ground flax meal, ground
hemp seed, sweetened with Stevia topped with blueberries and a touch of Pure Maple syrup.

God! You're such a hippie, where's the tahini - Ram Das would be proud.

I know, I am.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 03-12-2010, 08:35 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
God! You're such a hippie, where's the tahini - Ram Das would be proud.

I know, I am.

LOL...I love tahini. Ram Das is cool too.
Old 04-12-2010, 02:10 AM
Racer X

tahini?

I never smoked any of that .....

I just won an autographed copy of "A Course In Weight Loss by Marianne Williamson"

I don't think I can spare any weight loss though........hehehehe

Old 04-12-2010, 03:51 PM
Racer X

Lesson 338 ~ I am affected only by my thoughts.

It needs but this to let salvation come to all the world. For in this single thought is everyone released at last from fear. Now has he learned that no one frightens him, and nothing can endanger him. He has no enemies, and he is safe from all external things. His thoughts can frighten him, but since these thoughts belong to him alone, he has the power to change them and exchange each fear thought for a happy thought of love. He crucified himself. Yet God has planned that His beloved Son will be redeemed.
Your plan is sure, my Father,—only Yours. All other plans will fail. And I will have thoughts that will frighten me, until I learn that You have given me the only Thought that leads me to salvation. Mine alone will fail, and lead me nowhere. But the Thought You gave me promises to lead me home, because it holds Your promise to Your Son.

Each moment you are "choosing" between Love and Fear. Which will you choose? Practice a 1 minute "heart meditation" every single time Fear takes over. How?
Sit still eyes open or closed.......does not matter.

Focus on the emotion which is present.....
Ask "Let me see through this and into the Divine Mind"
Then LET IT GO......
Breath deep, three deep breaths ......

Pay attention to your inner state, has it shifted?
If not keep repeating every half hour or so.....

You will notice the inner change.
Old 06-12-2010, 02:21 AM
Racer X

Lesson 339 ~ I will receive whatever I request.

No one desires pain. But he can think that pain is pleasure. No one would avoid his happiness. But he can think that joy is painful, threatening and dangerous. Everyone will receive what he requests. But he can be confused indeed about the things he wants; the state he would attain. What can he then request that he would want when he receives it? He has asked for what will frighten him, and bring him suffering. Let us resolve today to ask for what we really want, and only this, that we may spend this day in fearlessness, without confusing pain with joy, or fear with love.
Father, this is Your day. It is a day in which I would do nothing by myself, but hear Your Voice in everything I do; requesting only what You offer me, accepting only Thoughts You share with me.
Old 06-12-2010, 05:01 AM
Master
Quote:
tahini?

I never smoked any of that .....

I just won an autographed copy of "A Course In Weight Loss by Marianne Williamson"

I don't think I can spare any weight loss though........hehehehe

LOL...you eat it and it is not a drug it's also in hummus and baba ghannoush. tasty...

cheers!