Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 03-03-2014, 06:09 PM
alhambra

More confusion

Ever since I can remember many moons ago, I have always felt that I am not my body, i,ve never spoken of this to anyone as they probably would think I am mad, lol. Does anyone have any ideas please why I feel like this
Old 04-03-2014, 11:24 PM
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by alhambra
Ever since I can remember many moons ago, I have always felt that I am not my body, i,ve never spoken of this to anyone as they probably would think I am mad, lol. Does anyone have any ideas please why I feel like this

Look at the body as if it was an iceberg, putting the cold to one side, we see only the tip of the iceberg (the body) yet there is far more of your mysterious spirit below the surface of and endless, bottomless and even more mysterious ocean beyond that of time and space, and then know your connected to it all

You are feeling the transient nature of the body as an energy, and seems to be limiting in some form, yet you know deep within your reasoning beyond the form of your body, beyond its boundary and even further in spirit that you have been to that place of knowing before and seen the truth

An interesting quote "The soul will not come into the form of man if it has not seen the truth" Plato

Im not trying to follow you on this forum, I just find your questions interesting to answer, it too is helping me to understand myself better in answering them so thank you for allowing me to do this
Old 05-03-2014, 12:24 AM
Master
Quote:

Perhaps awaken to your existence , realization of your emotion , you will realized that nothing is attached or belong to you nor family members , material even your body is never yours .........this realization is to my current understanding is part of realization process known as Buddhism.
Old 05-03-2014, 07:07 AM
alhambra

Thank you CSEe & ♡, you have both given me lots to think about, your answers will be my homework for today, lol.
Heart, the Plato quote hit me like a stone, few words with a big impact. I feel i,ve been asleep all my life and now i,m waking up, better late than never I surpose.

Thank you both.
Old 07-03-2014, 01:10 PM
oliness

You are not your body. You are the pure awareness which cannot die and takes on bodies like a coat. The body is an instrument with which to bless others who don't have this realization. The mind is what truly matters - the body is there so that through love we can purify our minds and help others purify theirs.
Old 07-03-2014, 01:46 PM
alhambra

You certainly have some words of wisdom Oliness, thank you.
Old 19-05-2014, 02:13 PM
Mrs Merrieweather

Quote:
Even as a very young child I have felt this way. It is because we are not our bodies, we are "souls", using these bodies as our vehicles. We have had many of these vehicles, rebirth. Buddhism for me explains the feelings I have always had about my feelings of body amd soul (I am using the term soul loosely). I was confused also, until Buddhist teachings came into my life.
Old 18-05-2014, 02:05 PM
danosongs

I used to think I was crazy for seeing that too! But now that I know Buddhism I see that I am actually perceiving things the way they are in true reality.

The reason you are feeling this is because it is true - you are not your body! Your body is just a collection of atoms and cells and something like a vessel.

So now I think the trick for you is to accept that when you know Buddhism, it puts you on a different path and thinking than most people around you.