Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 30-09-2018, 01:34 AM
Ascender
I have been thinking ...
And
What I have noticed by observing others and my own feelings is that Home is where our soul purposes are at the moment.

We are usually led to the Home of the moment by our soul/higher self/spirit/God/etc...
It can be really anything.

For some, that momentary home may be simply raising a family, or supporting his/her family.
Others, home may be saving other lives in 3rd world, or teaching, or making political changes, or creating new technology. searching cures for cancer, or whatever
Even further, home may also be just traveling, learning, observing, and growing self for one's soul journey.

Home, I now think is where our souls' Purposes/Actions happen to be attached at the moment in time. It can be dynamic and changing.

This is my conclusion after pondering about it for my 1 month long vacation. This is best I have. I have no more..
Old 30-09-2018, 06:47 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziusudra
Rah and Baile's statements - "we do not have "home" but it is rather our longing for attachment... We are eternal wanderer.. "
Accepting the possible truth of 'being eternal wanderer' is sad to me.
Because it means that we will never rest.

It is so tiring to just wondering around, even in this incarnation. Knowing other incarnations, it is even more exhausting.

If it is anywhere, why can we not feel it.
Your sadness and exhaustion about all this is, once again, reflective of your own personal emotional attachment. Spiritual development is in large part learning to release those attachments; to transform them into joy, reverence and wonder for all aspects of life and existence.

I feel sad when sorrowful events happen, like a family member passing. That's human.

I do not feel sad at wondrous spiritual realizations, such as the knowledge we are eternal souls and wandering travellers in spirit. Spirit realizations of this sort inspire and invigorate me. They fill me with awe rather than sadness, although at times they do cause me to weep tears of profound and unspeakable gratitude.
Old 30-09-2018, 06:55 AM
Master
Quote:
Home, I now think is where our souls' Purposes/Actions happen to be attached at the moment in time. It can be dynamic and changing.
Exactly! Home is in essense whatever one's karmic task is in this lifetime. Feeling homeless is more an indication one has lost, and is struggling to find (recall, remember), their soul's karmic purpose and direction.
Old 30-09-2018, 07:47 AM
Master
Quote:
Home.
Lately, I have been thinking about home.
I am not talking about a house on a ground or a physical place.
I am talking about HOME.

I personally do not know where my home is...
My recent trip to my birth place and early childhood place made me to rethink about 'Home' even deeper... because I certainly did not find my Home there neither.
I feel that I am drifting farther out and no longer know which direction to follow anymore.
I am uncertain if finding my Home is even important..
Maybe none of us really find the Home and our journey is to continue searching until the end.
Home may be the other side of this incarnation where our true home waits.

I googled "spiritual home" and I found the following definitions.

"Your spiritual home is the place where you feel that you belong, usually because your ideas or attitudes are the same as those of the people who live there". (Collins dictionary.com)

"A place where you feel you belong, although you were not born there, because you have a lot in common with the people, the culture, and the way of life". (Dictionary.cambridge.org)

Truthfully, none of these definitions are satisfying to me..
Since our feelings of belonging change as we changes.
To me, Home is where I always feel safe to be me and feel belong, even with differences and with constant changes.
Maybe I already found my Home within me and I should not expect anymore.... and just be content with it?

But I am curious what all of you think about this subject.
So, here are the questions:
1. Do you agree with the above definitions?
2. If disagree, what is your own definition of your home?
3. Where is your Home?
4. How do you find your Home?
5. Have you found your Home?
6. How important is it to find your Home?
There's a song I can think of that might be able to answer your questions. If you don't care for metal type of music look up the lyrics of this song and just read it. "Wherever I may roam" by Metallica.
Old 30-09-2018, 02:55 PM
Master
Hello

Home the space to rest and feel connected, to me.

It is the space given to find peace with in, without, and all about, as I see it.

Wherever may roam, will be Home. Meaning if the weight of worry or feeling not worthy or not here (present) is carried, then would venture to say, one may feel discontent, wanting to get away, disconnected in a way.

So, what enters my mind is that Home is the place one creates with in. The place one feels connected to be as one is with one being and creation as it unfolds.
Old 30-09-2018, 08:46 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
Exactly! Home is in essense whatever one's karmic task is in this lifetime. Feeling homeless is more an indication one has lost, and is struggling to find (recall, remember), their soul's karmic purpose and direction.

I have a different opinion.

Soul purpose/mission is not about fulfilling karmic task. Sometime, through soul journey, we may encounter karmic task but it is not the mission/purpose of our souls.
Karmic tasks are just soul agreements that we fulfill (kind of like a side job or doing your household chords or paying bills ) but are never the individual soul's mission/purpose of its own journey.

I have done karmic tasks during this incarnation and those are just obligations, never the Home. - because they are not associated with soul growth.

Souls do NOT just wonder. Our soul journeys are well pre-determined and always on their courses.
Sometime, we may need some reminder/direction since our human minds can easily be distracted by human desires/superficiality.
Old 30-09-2018, 08:52 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by hallow
There's a song I can think of that might be able to answer your questions. If you don't care for metal type of music look up the lyrics of this song and just read it. "Wherever I may roam" by Metallica.

Metallica's free spirit wondering is not actually same as soul journey. Since souls do not wonder.
Each incarnation is well pre-planned and with defined purpose (s).
Each physical incarnation (whatever the form is) is extremely precious and souls do not just incarnated to just wonder.
We may travel with purpose of self growth, but never just wonder w/o soul's purpose/mission.
Thanks for the interesting input. Metallica...
Old 01-10-2018, 02:05 AM
Master
Quote:

Metallica's free spirit wondering is not actually same as soul journey. Since souls do not wonder.
Each incarnation is well pre-planned and with defined purpose (s).
Each physical incarnation (whatever the form is) is extremely precious and souls do not just incarnated to just wonder.
We may travel with purpose of self growth, but never just wonder w/o soul's purpose/mission.
Thanks for the interesting input. Metallica...
if souls do not wonder why do they call it a jorney? I am only speaking from my own experiences here. It's hard to believe our souls have a jorney that's set in stone. I believe there is a point A and B. But how we get to point B is up to us. I do have a place to come"home" to, but that's only physical my soul doesn't grow there. It just takes a little break. I feel the soul grows most out of that comfort zone.
After some thought maybe it's not wondering. I have a " let your feet guide you" attitude. In term, that's not the same as blindly wondering.
As far as connecting, at times I like to connect with things or people but it's not my top priority. Home in spiritual terms for me is not any one place. I always felt that this lifetime I need explore and prep for my next one. If that makes any sense. So far I feel complete so I can assume I am doing something right. What is like for you??
Old 01-10-2018, 04:11 AM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by hallow
if souls do not wonder why do they call it a jorney? I am only speaking from my own experiences here. It's hard to believe our souls have a jorney that's set in stone. I believe there is a point A and B. But how we get to point B is up to us. I do have a place to come"home" to, but that's only physical my soul doesn't grow there. It just takes a little break. I feel the soul grows most out of that comfort zone.
After some thought maybe it's not wondering. I have a " let your feet guide you" attitude. In term, that's not the same as blindly wondering.
As far as connecting, at times I like to connect with things or people but it's not my top priority. Home in spiritual terms for me is not any one place. I always felt that this lifetime I need explore and prep for my next one. If that makes any sense. So far I feel complete so I can assume I am doing something right. What is like for you??

Soul journey is the English version of what human beings call "Soul incarnation in a physical body to experience physical dimension".
So, we can not question why it is called 'soul journey'
It is like naming your dog "Sam" and wondering why its name is not "Peter".

Here is the typical human ego.
We like to think that we have "control" over our destiny.
But our actions to control our destiny are also written into souls' journey.

Psychics and other gifted healers see a glimpse into one's future so one reacts to certain way. That reaction itself will cause that future.
So with that example, psychics and healers are also the part of the written journey.

Every actions and reactions are what we supposed to do.
So, continue to control and exercise the freewill.

Ancient Greeks knew.
Referred to Oedipus Rex.
Old 01-10-2018, 04:59 AM
Master
Quote:
Soul journey is the English version of what human beings call "Soul incarnation in a physical body to experience physical dimension".
So, we can not question why it is called 'soul journey'
It is like naming your dog "Sam" and wondering why its name is not "Peter".

Here is the typical human ego.
We like to think that we have "control" over our destiny.
But our actions to control our destiny are also written into souls' journey.

Psychics and other gifted healers see a glimpse into one's future so one reacts to certain way. That reaction itself will cause that future.
So with that example, psychics and healers are also the part of the written journey.

Every actions and reactions are what we supposed to do.
So, continue to control and exercise the freewill.

Ancient Greeks knew.
Referred to Oedipus Rex.
so what you are saying what I am doing in this lifetime is what I am need to be doing? I hear often people don't feel right, or out of place in this lifetime. Are they going in the right direction or are they fighting something they shouldn't be? Or are they experienceing what was chosen? Sorry for all the questions.